Anyone here just not care about Allied races at all?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Seriously. The rep grinds to unlock them are tedious, the customization options are minimal at best and some of them don't even have a great deal of classes to choose from. No unique starting zones, they're for the most part reskins that use the skeletons of other races. The heritage armor sets are amazing, but I really don't feel like race-changing one of my 14 toons or leveling up a new character to 120.

Zandalari trolls look great, but even then...
Recap:

"I don't really care for Allied Races so I don't play them lol."

Gotcha dude.
I'll be honest: I unlocked em all so far except for Mag'har. (Horde is only 119. Eh, anyways)
The only one I actually cared to make a character to use with was the DI Dwarf. By the time I finally unlocked her and made her, though, I just... kinda left her at 35 or so. I honestly got burnt out just unlocking the dang thing.
11/04/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Momimfotm
Seriously. The rep grinds to unlock them are tedious, the customization options are minimal at best and some of them don't even have a great deal of classes to choose from. No unique starting zones, they're for the most part reskins that use the skeletons of other races. The heritage armor sets are amazing, but I really don't feel like race-changing one of my 14 toons or leveling up a new character to 120.

I did the Legion ones and the dwarf rep grind but no way im doin anymore,. Just not worth it to me to get a new race. If it were a new class then yeah Id do the rep grind.
I've said it before, the only potential allied races that I care about having are the sethrak and the vulpera. Otherwise, not interested.
I want tons of races added to the game.
I dont really care tbh.

I’d be more excited if I could be a non elf-dh, but its not a big deal.
They haven't announced one yet that I've been super excited for, but I know plenty of people who have been pretty excited for each one and often the people most excited about it end up indeed not liking the rep gate especially for now irrelevant content that hardly anyone else is doing.

The rep gate honestly doesn't make much sense to me, since it punishes people who haven't been playing or didn't play x and y content patches since they are effectively time-gated until they an unlock said race.
11/04/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Calderë
Recap:

"I don't really care for Allied Races so I don't play them lol."

Gotcha dude.

I've actually unlocked all of them and race changed my rogue to Mag'har I'm just really disappointed. I thought I would like allied races and was excited for them at first, but not anymore.
they are a choice. Some players it a good one. others it not worth it. Seen many friends see the grind and say nope not having it. Don't blame them really took me 5 months to unlock all of them. That to me was a waste of time and 75 dollars out the window. Sorry I could of been doing something else for those 5 months.

Then it going to take me anther 3 months to level the ones I want. yeah it really is a choice. spend the money or not. worth it. not really to me. yet there not a whole lot going on in my other games. Dec yeah my other games I got a few things to do. I will unsub till July next year. Be back here.
11/04/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Infexshun

I did the Legion ones and the dwarf rep grind but no way im doin anymore,. Just not worth it to me to get a new race. If it were a new class then yeah Id do the rep grind.

Nooo don't give them anymore rep grinding ideas. Lol
I'll get back to you if Blizzard ever gives Alliance something that's interesting/actually asked for.
at first I thought they where cool,
then blizz ruined leveling so i'll probably only make one and boost it.
way to go blizz.
you could of had a good thing going.
I kind of get it. I look at allied races and get hyped, but eventually that hype gets countered by the rep grind and leveling to 120. I want them, but then I get burned out.

But I still support allied races for those who really want them. I like undead, but I am sure some of the allied races click for people.

Gave up on the valley girl stripper look Mog i see.
I've gotten HMT, and nightborn, but have only just started working on Mag'har. I'm not going at them hard, but I would like to have them eventually. I dont think their racials are all that great, but I do like the new appearance for my favorite classes. I'm not a fan of artificial content, like a rep grind for expansion features, but I can't change it.
If they make other people enjoy the game more, by all means. And if people want to talk about how to balance their unlocking, go for it, but I don't need to listen.

They just aren't that different enough for me to really care. But I am the person who plays human or dwarf in most RPGs, so I don't think its content aimed at me (and that's fine, but like the OP, I just think 'meh').
i unlocked lightforged, void elves, and am about a week-ish away from nightborne. the grind for these races are'nt worth it. by the time you unlock'em, you don't care anymore, and you move on to unlocking the next one. basically, the grind to unlocking them dulls the urgency of wanting to play them, making the whole venture pointless. even worse, you could pay for a boost and get them near max-level, but then you miss-out on their heritage armor.
Depends on what the race is all the ones from legion I haven't bothered to unlock none of them interest me enough to bother rep grinding for. I am almost exalted with army of light but that's just from doing argus stuff in legion. But I have unlocked the Mag har I'm close to getting the dark irons and I got the Zandalari rep as quickly as I possibly could as soon as I hit 120 on this char and unlocked dailies I started farming that rep. And have no intention on going for Kul tiras. It all depends on what the race is. Cus rep grinding is indeed verrrrrry slow and boring so I have to decide if I actually want this race bad enough to get exalted.
They arent really interesting to me. I have my void elf for the dance and the good model for transmog (ruined by the skin tone of course) and that's it. Other than vulpera, i havent seen one i am dying for, which isn't enough to switch to horde.

It has nothing to do with the requirements since if I really want one it's not that much effort, but so far there's no race on the horizon that makes me giddy.