8.1 in 5 weeks - did it fix your class?

General Discussion
So 8.1 was supposed to be where they caught up on class design. They "ran out of time" on during expansion development, and 8.1 is the fix.

They didn't fix anything for my class. How about you?

Did 8.1 fix your class? Or is 8.1 belly-up in terms of class design?
rip warlock

F in the chat for that atrocious class design
well, as you said, 8.1 is coming in 5 weeks, so how exactly are we supposed to know how fixed our classes will be now?
11/04/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Ikethespike
well, as you said, 8.1 is coming in 5 weeks, so how exactly are we supposed to know how fixed our classes will be now?

Because it's extremely unlikely that they have some hidden Renaissance of Class Design that they're just keeping a secret until the last minute.

We see responses like yours all the time, though.
In Alpha, it was "well this is just alpha, they'll make more changes in beta".
And then when the same concerns are brought up in beta, it's always "oh there's still a week left in beta, they'll make changes at the last minute".

But they never do. What you see (now) is what you get.
Feral is looking better, considering they're getting buffs in most of the right places. The only issue I still have is that feral is still slow.
did they fix any classes? I thought they gave shammies, and s priests a minor buff. something they could have done 5 weeks ago with a hot fix.
lol, no.

They basically just threw a band-aid on Prot and made it less insanely frustrating to play. We're still basically the worst/second-worst tank.
11/04/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Felryn
rip warlock

I don't play locks anymore and I'm not sure about destro, but I've heard generally positive things about how demonology and affliction play.
I have seen nothing to fix UH's dps.
At this point I don't want them to touch destro. They have a tendency to break things as they try to fix them. My fear is that they actually make some of the horrible talents viable so I'll have to use them. No thanks. Ignore us. I'm fine.
rip warlock

Yup. :(
Feral Druid = The Fat House Cat.
We’ll fix it in 8.1
We’ll fix it in 8.1.5
We’ll fix it in 8.2
Soon
11/04/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Security
We’ll fix it in 8.1
We’ll fix it in 8.1.5
We’ll fix it in 8.2
Soon

weeks not months™
Until I see numbers tuning, not 100% sure.

Generally, I like the changes, though.
They made it even worse.
No flight no sub. Not going to wait a ~year for flight again. Especially when the zones are flight ready already and pathfinder has been achieved. Unless 8.1 is friggin' gobsmackingly, jawdropping and awe inspiring, I'm out, maybe forever.

Diablo Immortal may be a blessing in disguise as it's finally taught me that Blizzard and I just don't see eye to eye and probably never will. If they can be that disconnected from their players it'll probably never be great again for me. I'm thankful for MoP and Legion, I had some great times and some good memories.
11/04/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Felology
I don't play locks anymore and I'm not sure about destro, but I've heard generally positive things about how demonology and affliction play.

Yeh demo is all right i guess but if you have played through all the changes you might think its still a very much watered down version of the spec. I still think its boring myself.

New player Bfa/Legion most likely loves it.

Aff is a horrible ST killing machine , Worst version ever imo, nothing like the Rot spec it was.

Destro is destro a very poor version of a fire mage.
Pfffhahahahaha!
*wipes away a tear* Ahaha...
rip warlock

I was on the warlock beta forums and raised my concerns. And there were a ton of people defending blizzard. You reap what you sow.