8.1- Yeah it's gonna be a no from me, dawg

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
I don't think you did nearly enough for class balance in 8.1. Guardian remains untouched and worthless compared to how it was in Legion. Same with enhance, shadow, and a myriad of other specs that are simply just way underwhelming.

Unsubbed today. Sucks because I usually like to play an expansion out for 1-2 years. Given that you as a company have ignored loads of feedback, I am sure this too will get ignored.

Here's to hoping 9.0 fixes this game, because after the fiasco that was Diablo Immortal at Blizzcon I have serious doubts about where WoW is heading...
Rip wow. 2018 A. D.
Yea this expansion is really turning out to be a disappointment. Ztrolls aren't compelling enough to stay subbed because classes are still bad and numbers tuning ain't gonna fix it.

On the plus side, I'm using all this free time to do more meal prep and exercise.
If you want to play, the best time is 18 months after launch... that way they can fix all of the "good ideas" they had and undo whatever they broke by launching too soon.
I feel you on the class design, there are plenty of issues there. And I really don't feel like we've seen much on the PTR for that. I don't play a spriest or shaman so maybe that stuff is good? IDK.

They 100% need more resources devoted to class design, or whatever resources they have need to be more efficient with it. I don't know, but it's a problem.

However, class design aside, I do think 8.1 is improving A LOT of stuff. And I also enjoy playing my DPS Warrior so 8.1 is what I'm looking forward to. If it falls flat somehow (8.0 sounded good on paper too) then I'll be moving on, but after something I saw at Blizzcon and since my class is one of the few that's designed well I'm looking forward to it.
11/07/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Varrow
They 100% need more resources devoted to class design, or whatever resources they have need to be more efficient with it. I don't know, but it's a problem.

They are small indie company. Give them a break dood.
11/07/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Riidatar
11/07/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Varrow

They are small indie company. Give them a break dood.

Dude they have other projects , even tho those projects are crap theres just a limited amount of resources they can spend on a game and on particular aspect of the game, no matter how big the company. You really should go out more and try to learn how the real world works.
They def should quit investing their time on azerite/warfronts and focus on class design.
11/07/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Catchmyleafs
Guardian remains untouched and worthless compared to how it was in Legion. Same with enhance, shadow, and a myriad of other specs that are simply just way underwhelming

No need to be hyperbolic.

Guardian is getting some changes, but it struggles still because it simply lacks scaling sustain. If you've ever had to heal M+ guardian druids, they just soak up so much more healing than any other tank. They are stable and decent for raid, but in M+, just a pain.

Shadow has gotten changes. Some people don't like them, but I don't know what they really expected. Its a lot better in 8.1 for sure. Enhancement however,didn't get anything.
11/07/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Plytofski
Guardian remains untouched and worthless compared to how it was in Legion. Same with enhance, shadow, and a myriad of other specs that are simply just way underwhelming

Guardian is getting some changes, but it struggles still because it simply lacks scaling sustain. If you've ever had to heal M+ guardian druids, they just soak up so much more healing than any other tank. They are stable and decent for raid, but in M+, just a pain.

Shadow has gotten changes. Some people don't like them, but I don't know what they really expected. Its a lot better in 8.1 for sure. Enhancement however,didn't get anything.

Guardian is less than it was in Legion in regards to it's toolkit. And that's saying something because it was already pretty small in Legion. They only reduced the spec, and didn't really refine anything about it. It's both bad in regards to it's playstyle (simple but limited) and it's overall performance in relation to other tanks (inability to kite well, damage soak, fairly weak self heals.)

Is it better in 8.1? No, no it's not. Defensively it got changed, but now the damage reduction doesn't kick in until after taking damage. In the long haul it *might* be a wash but people testing on the PTR say it's worse than live for open world. Damage? Again, things got changed, but it's a net reduction in damage done. They put more damage in void form then aura nerfed everything. They fixed none of the actual issues that plague the spec like being completely trash in m+. So no, you have no clue what you're talking about. Shadow is not in a better spot.

The hyperbole is yours. The only changes Guardian is getting are a 12% DPS buff and a nerf in M+ as they're removing Intimidating Roar by replacing it with Ursol's Vortex. I-Roar is much more useful than Ursol's because it actually gives your healer immediate breathing room.

As for the DPS boost, (1) it should be hotfixed instead of part of a patch, since that was the whole point of their new "aura" system, (2) it's not enough, since all the data shows bears AT LEAST 20% below all other tanks, so 12% isn't close to where it needs to be, and (3) the nerf to Growl threat means any help this gives in raid tank threat vs. the other tank is nullified.

Blizzard hasn't done a damn thing for us in 8.1. In some ways (threat vs. other tanks, M+ survivability) we're worse than before.

ACTUAL changes they need to make include:
*A higher DPS boost to put us on par with other tanks.
*Give us our slow back. We're the only tank that doesn't apply a slow to enemies.
*Take Bristling Fur & Frenzied Regen off the GCD, and make Frenzied Regen heal more so it's worth a GCD.
*Increase rage generation (which has been nerfed multiple times).
*Give us back Rage of the Sleeper (with the leech & resistance talent) so we have a cooldown to use again.

That's not even getting into long-standing QOL issues like how a good chunk of our spellbook is inaccessible to us because of vanilla mechanics that were removed from every other class many years ago. Or how we lost our ranged silence.

Also, if you think Guardian is "stable and decent" why are they near the bottom, just barely above Prot Warriors?
Classes are in shambles barring a select few

"GUYS WE'RE FIXING AZERITE GEAR DONT WORRY!! PLEASE!! RUN SOME ISLAND EXPEDITIONS"

- Blizzard

They survived so many 'wow-killers' only to end up killing the game themselves. The irony.
The amusing thing is they are so set in that the issue isn't them they are running around deleting criticism and general PR damage control blaming toxicity (literally read someone blaming Trump and the rise of masculine toxicity).

That's why you know it's bad. They are dead set on their grand plan for the game is flawless that they blame the people leaving.
11/07/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Latest
The amusing thing is they are so set in that the issue isn't them they are running around deleting criticism and general PR damage control blaming toxicity (literally read someone blaming Trump and the rise of masculine toxicity).

That's why you know it's bad. They are dead set on their grand plan for the game is flawless that they blame the people leaving.

It seems like their new PR attitude is to pretend like they read forums, and then ignore feedback and keep modifying the game within what they think it should be.

That would be perfectly fine, if not for the fact that their vision of the game in it's current iteration plain sucks. I wanna farm my BiS piece. I want to master my class. I want to feel like I am evolving in gameplay.

BFA is just an ARPG with minimal skill ceilings and utterly horrific class imbalance. And to boot, the level of actual progression within the game is so utterly fubared.

Cool, I get heroic raid gear from gimme quests. Now that I am welfare geared up, what to do? Heroic raids? Mythic 10s? I havent earned either in regards to experience with relevant content...

The amount of times I have grouped with a 370+ dps for them to fail on the most simple mechanics just illustrates how terrible gear progression is atm. Used to be that you actually had to know what you were doing to get good gear, and the fact that you learned what to do correctly was a net positive. Now, it's just all 100% success rate routes to gearing up that ultimately slam you into a wall of despair once the average player realizes they know so little about their own class mechanics that a mythic 10 might actually be tough. I literally have had multiple mythic 10 dps pugs with good gearscore who just didnt even realize their class had an interrupt.

You made this game so easy in some ways that now people have RNG on players themselves in terms of what they are inviting given gear levels. RNG on pugs, RNG on loot, what a wonderful system.
It seems they are determined to kill World of Warcraft and then re-release it as World of Mobilecraft.
11/07/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Tewa
ACTUAL changes they need to make include:
*A higher DPS boost to put us on par with other tanks.
*Give us our slow back. We're the only tank that doesn't apply a slow to enemies.
*Take Bristling Fur & Frenzied Regen off the GCD, and make Frenzied Regen heal more so it's worth a GCD.
*Increase rage generation (which has been nerfed multiple times).
*Give us back Rage of the Sleeper (with the leech & resistance talent) so we have a cooldown to use again.

Add Berserk to this list
11/07/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Krenna
It seems they are determined to kill World of Warcraft and then re-release it as World of Mobilecraft.

The quarterly earnings report for Blizzard released today, and mentioned 'top developers' from each game were working on mobile versions of all Blizzard properties.

So, your joke is actually real.

Yikes.

Nah they have only removed PvP talents that has made ENH viable. I have no idea why I login anymore. I must like disappointment.
11/08/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Yvaelle
11/07/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Krenna

The quarterly earnings report for Blizzard released today, and mentioned 'top developers' from each game were working on mobile versions of all Blizzard properties.

So, your joke is actually real.

Yikes.

According to the report, Blizzcon reception of Diablo Immortal only proves that mobile games are not only welcomed but desired...

Yeah they actually said that.
11/08/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Meadamemnon
Blizzcon reception of Diablo Immortal only proves that mobile games are not only welcomed but desired...

Yeah they actually said that.

They meant shareholders, not the public.