Loot trading is perfect for vanilla

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Loot trading is a good thing. It promotes forming close bonds and guilds.
For example, lets say you are in a 5 man pug party, and 3 of those party members are in a guild, or are friends.

Those 3 can roll for each other and pass the loot to the friend who wants it.
----------------------------------------------------------
Since in vanilla, all casters and healers want the same loot, and all melee and ranged dps want the same loot, you can always justify rolling to increase your friends odds.

Now, if there was no loot trading, then pugs get the same chance as you to win loot, and that isn't right.

Vanilla is supposed to be about community and friendship, not giving everyone an equal chance at loot.

Sure, some people will be inconvenienced by it, but vanilla IS inconvenient, and slow at times, but we sacrifice convenience for more social interaction, and loot sharing will bring friends and guilds together like never before.

Blizzard understands what we want, so that's why i'll be playing classic, and you should too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PS:
The loners who try to get through the game with none having their back will have a harder time, and that's how it's SUPPOSED to be in an mmo. cant you see? This is nothing if not an improvement.
comment please, so those loners don't bury this thread.
So what you are saying is that if I tank a 5 man instance, with another warrior as DPS, if some plate item drops then that dps warrior should have 3x the chance of winning the item because he has friends in the group? Even though I am tanking and he may not even be carrying his weight. How does that make sense to you?

Yeah vanilla is about forming bonds and making friends, not !@#$ting on the other people in your group and discouraging people from ever running PUGs. Vanilla is about the community, not about only ever playing with your guild. Sounds like you have never even played vanilla before, if you don't understand that.
11/07/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Badmage
So what you are saying is that if I tank a 5 man instance, with another warrior as DPS, if some plate item drops then that dps warrior should have 3x the chance of winning the item because he has friends in the group? Even though I am tanking and he may not even be carrying his weight. How does that make sense to you?

Yeah vanilla is about forming bonds and making friends, not !@#$ting on the other people in your group and discouraging people from ever running PUGs. Vanilla is about the community, not about only ever playing with your guild. Sounds like you have never even played vanilla before, if you don't understand that.

You need to get over it, if you run a pug without any friends then it's your own fault.
If you bring 1 friend with you, then you can double your chances of loot for both of you,

why can't you see this is positive?

Take it up with your GM.
Hahaha why can't I see this is a positive? Dude read your own post. It's encouraging ninja looting and screwing over other people in your group. How am I meant to see that as positive?

I don't want to bring mates into a group and double my chances of getting loot over someone that deserves the loot just as much as me. That's not what the community is about. That sort of attitude won't get you very far in vanilla.
11/07/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Windsheared
Since in vanilla, all casters and healers want the same loot,

Not really; different casters use different stats bonuses.

Example healers as of 1.11 stack quite a lot of +healing; this cannot be and should never be confused with +spell damage and healing, as this is a different stat.

Additionally Casters / healers before 1.11 used a lot of spirit and MP5, but different casters / healers were not equal on this, priests for example typically used spirit while MP5 was better for others.

Paladin healers for example used spell critical strike because of their healing mechanics and in addition to MP5, but spirit was not often used.

Mages, locks, shamans and druids often stacked some spirit or MP5 instead of +damage or healing because it's better to be actually contributing than OOM..

Using +mana type stats was purely king until 1.11 when the whole game turned a little rotten; but these stats are still handy in PVP ironically enough.
11/07/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Ooga

Take it up with your GM.

Yeah, this is perfectly legal, and gms aren't gonna step in because of a game mechanic. They will just tell you not to group with those players again, hahaha get rekt loners.

Take it up with your GM.

Take it up with your GM? What do you mean? If you mean guild master then you have completely missed the point and I think you should re-read my point. If you mean put a GM ticket in then that's exactly what they are trying to avoid so the change makes no sense.
11/07/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Härländ
11/07/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Windsheared
Since in vanilla, all casters and healers want the same loot,

Not really; different casters use different stats bonuses.

Example healers as of 1.11 stack quite a lot of +healing; this cannot be and should never be confused with +spell damage and healing, as this is a different stat.

Additionally Casters / healers before 1.11 used a lot of spirit and MP5, but different casters / healers were not equal on this, priests for example typically used spirit while MP5 was better for others.

Paladin healers for example used spell critical strike because of their healing mechanics and in addition to MP5, but spirit was not often used.

Mages, locks, shamans and druids often stacked some spirit or MP5 instead of +damage or healing because it's better to be actually contributing than OOM..

Using +mana type stats was purely king until 1.11 when the whole game turned a little rotten; but these stats are still handy in PVP ironically enough.

can still justify it because healers can become caster dps. If i'm playing a holy priest, i'll roll on the loot say that i'm actually planning to be shadow, then pass the loot to my friend.

You loners have no chance kek
11/07/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Windsheared
Take it up with your GM.

Yeah, this is perfectly legal, and gms aren't gonna step in because of a game mechanic. They will just tell you not to group with those players again, hahaha get rekt loners.

Haha see people like you are exactly why loot trading can't be in the game and why people will start to unsub.
it wasnt in classic so i dont want it here thats really all the reason i need no changes go play failure for azeroth so you can trade loot. Keep classic no changes
I will bathe in the tears of PuGs who leave every dungeon run empty-handed.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Haha see people like you are exactly why loot trading can't be in the game and why people will start to unsub.

ha people like me? everyone with a friend will do it, It's human nature to follow the path of least resistance, and don't try to take the high ground, you will do it too.

If you have dungeon finder, do you still use trade chat to find people for a dungeon? It's the same situation here, get real we are just using the game mechanics.
Loot trading will promote more ninjas
This post is a good example of the types of people we expect to see in 5 man, low-level dungeons, Blizzard. People that say: "Yeah, screw you if you aren't in my group of friends. I'm not giving you a fair chance at gear upgrades in dungeons. We're just gonna all roll against you!"

But then you say... it's about community and forging bonds. In your point, you say do that, but once you found your friends / guild then shun and screw other strangers over at that point?

What a toxic and horrible point of view. I really hope Blizzard sees this post and realizes the jerks and trolls are coming out of the woodwork to confirm they will, in fact, use this system to make PUGS undesirable and not make friends outside of their group.

MODIFY THIS LOOT TRADING ANNOUNCEMENT! APPLY IT TO RAIDS ONLY!
10/10 trolling, very subtle and almost indistinguishable from an actual opinion.
I wouldn't mind it, it would make gearing a bit easier.
11/07/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Aideves
This post is a good example of the types of people we expect to see in 5 man, low-level dungeons, Blizzard. People that say: "Yeah, screw you if you aren't in my group of friends. I'm not giving you a fair chance at gear upgrades in dungeons. We're just gonna all roll against you!"

But then you say... it's about community and forging bonds. In your point, you say do that, but once you found your friends / guild then shun and screw other strangers over at that point?

What a toxic and horrible point of view. I really hope Blizzard sees this post and realizes the jerks and trolls are coming out of the woodwork to confirm they will, in fact, use this system to make PUGS undesirable and not make friends outside of their group.

MODIFY THIS LOOT TRADING ANNOUNCEMENT! APPLY IT TO RAIDS ONLY!

This is the modern age, and some small changes have to be made because it's what most people want. I'm sorry you can't accept that.

Make some friends, get in a guild and then you can benefit too and see it's not so bad.
Well this is original. Lol.
When you find out that only greeded items can be traded and needed boe's soulbind when you win both of your friends won't be your friends anymore.
They were playing you for this easy classic loot you told them you could get them.

Guess you're a loner. Again.