Sylvanas is NOT evil

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
11/07/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Xecks
sylvanas is evil. straight out evil.

i honestly question peoples moral sanity when they say shes not.

I have the same reaction when people say Saurfang is honorable. He isn't
I agree that she's not evil but I don't think the morality of war has anything to do with it. She just correctly views the Alliance as an existential threat to the Horde and the only way for that threat to go away is for the Alliance to be crushed into dust.
lol....ending it quick is still evil. genocide is evil. done quickly or not.
11/08/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Freya

How is that evil? They are a threat and started a war in stormhiem?!

So is fighting honorably, especially when its 2 factions of opposing races murdering each other for different ideals.
11/08/2018 06:41 AMPosted by PlayerNDMBDN
I like how something you don’t agree with is counted as trolling.

Well it is kind of hard to tell if people are trolling or not, so that is why I asked. You still have not answered my question. Are you trolling?
11/08/2018 06:54 AMPosted by PlayerNDMBDN

I already have disproven the fact that the Alliance started the war. It was Sylvanas that started the war when she left the Alliance to fend for itself, without giving a message. The whole horn signal does not count. We can say that they decided to weaken the Alliance by letting the Legion crush them. So the Horde started the fight. Then when Kadgar brought us together again to destroy the Legion once and for all, we were at peace. Then Sylvanas burned down Teldressil and started the war.
Genocide, wiping off a whole civilization that has not attacked or considered attacking is evil. Sylvanas = Hitler, therefore evil.
Oh there's another Sylvanas? Because the one I know is pure evil incarnate.
11/07/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Tokyoblade
and other hilarious things you can tell yourself.

Thank you for this. I might play with the wording a bit, but this is definitely the response that best fits the ludicrous justifications Sylvanas' apologists spew around here.

It's cute really, the way certain Horde like to ignore the fact that the war between Silvanas (Forsaken/Horde) and Genn (Gilneas) was started when she invaded our peacefully neutral country first.

Those civilians didn't start that war. Nor was destroying a city full of resources, and strategic positions necessary.

And, if we're bringing up who started it first, I will present Gilneas, Theramore, and Southshore. To name just a few.

Edit: You're obviously baiting, by the way. Like, seriously dude. You do not have to try hard to open a wiki. Everyone knows this crap.
11/07/2018 04:35 PMPosted by PlayerNDMBDN
11/07/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Eyrinjia
She burned hundreds of elven men, women, and children to death because she got her knickers in a twist over something a dying Night Elf dared to say to her. And she forced the Nelf to watch the Tree burn. The populated Tree.

She's evil.

To end the war quicker... anduin is just too much of a warmonger to knee before her.

Gah, now you aren't even trying. I had hopes, I did have hopes.
11/08/2018 07:07 AMPosted by Ironnic

I already have disproven the fact that the Alliance started the war. It was Sylvanas that started the war when she left the Alliance to fend for itself, without giving a message. The whole horn signal does not count. We can say that they decided to weaken the Alliance by letting the Legion crush them. So the Horde started the fight. Then when Kadgar brought us together again to destroy the Legion once and for all, we were at peace. Then Sylvanas burned down Teldressil and started the war.
Genocide, wiping off a whole civilization that has not attacked or considered attacking is evil. Sylvanas = Hitler, therefore evil.

for those that do not have blinders on. Horde stays and die and alliance get run over anyway. Horde were dying in large numbers. They could not hold line. the best alliance would of gotten as 15 sec. Thus horde would of had no army to support alliance in upcoming war.

Second he attacked her when on a peaceful mission to come and help alliance out. Not attacking them. to lend support. That whole are was over run thinks to alliance destroying fleet sent to help them.

Third he goes an attacks her in dream land area. Dang sorry trying to remember quest. She was verge of saving druid. he attacks her from behind and forces her to retreat. The horde were helping alliance.

This not counting boy king attack on her or horde troops in azsuna, high mountain (were yeah she at it again) and Suramar one almost prevented the night bourne form being saved. One that help start the broken isle event do to stoping horde heroes sent by here on quest.

Do you guys even read or do horde said quest. Allaince were pretty much atatcking her or her heroes left and right. yeah i say she pissed. I did the quest that lead up to war. She was their trying to stop something from happening. when wolf king decided to attack. the quest still there jsut go west from sword. then come backa nd ask why she was agressor.

In before anything. yes she is evil. yes she does thing for her own intrest. But she also done a crap load for horde if people bother to look.
11/07/2018 04:26 PMPosted by PlayerNDMBDN
She knows that war is suffering, and thus, the most moral thing to do would be to end it as quickly as possible,

Or, I mean, she could have just not re-ignited the war.
If you are not RP'n OP you really need to seek counseling, because you have messed up values otherwise.
I've seen what she does to Derek Proudmore in 8.1. That is by definition, evil.
11/07/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Bangnfire
<span class="truncated">...</span>

To be fair, he tried. But when Sylvanas saw that a group of her people wanted to be with their loved ones instead of the Horde/Forsaken she freaked out and murdered them all.

Calia Menathil started that whole thing though, and she wasn't doing it 'for the alliance' but for herself........ Sylvanas thought it was leading to a coup so she killed her and those Forsaken..........

Also you do realize if you assume the alliance wanted to negotiate with SYLVANAS they would go to her, not win over the Forsaken and ignore her completely...... How many peace negotiations do you know that starts with the people, and not the leader? especially when it's supposed to be between the factions?

1) Calia went there originally purely just to observe and meet Forsaken outside of the priest order. She had zero intention of starting a coup, and we know that because the book goes into her actual thoughts.

2) Parqual Fintallas is the one technically at fault (at least when it comes to who started the mess), because he's the one, when his daughter begs him that there must be some way they can stay together, recognizes Calia and goes to her ostensibly for a blessing, but then pulls the "It's time. We need you."...putting her on the spot to put it mildly.

3) Seeing that this one man (and Emma Felstone's three sons...so 4 out of the entire group) wants to defect is what convinces Calia that this must be what Sa'raa was telling her about. She had no intention prior to this of trying to sway any Forsaken under her banner. because she'd never been taught or planned to rule anyone. She approaches Elsie Benton and tries to convince her that they don't have to live in the shadows anymore and asks for her support. This is the first time she identifies herself to anyone there.

4) Sylvanas sees four people wandering too close to the keep for her liking and gets paranoid and blows the retreat horn. Elsie turns Calia down saying she can't betray her queen even for her...and is promptly murdered.

5) Only when Calia sees the minions of their 'loving queen' murdering everyone, not just the four actually trying to defect does she yell out that she's Calia Menethil and for them to run to the keep because, funnily enough, she's trying to save these unarmed merchants and laborers from being murdered by their paranoid tyrant of a leader.

6) Sylvanas outright SAYS she kills the ones trying to obey her order to return because they might have HOPE of one day reuniting with their loved ones. Anyone who calls hope an infection that 'needs to be cut out before it spreads', is NOT a hero you should be rooting for. There's a reason she's slated for Azerothian hell when she dies.

Also....anyone posting on a level 1 character is pretty 99.9% a troll, and not the good kind with the voodoo either.
11/08/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Hardwire
11/07/2018 04:26 PMPosted by PlayerNDMBDN
She knows that war is suffering, and thus, the most moral thing to do would be to end it as quickly as possible,

Maybe read more... alliance started it in stormhiem.

Nice try tho
Some folks don't believe Stalin was evil.

Some folks are idiots.
11/08/2018 09:39 AMPosted by PlayerNDMBDN
11/08/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Hardwire

Maybe read more... alliance started it in stormhiem.

Nice try tho

Oh, the hilarious irony.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769599276?page=4#post-69
The current version of Syvannas is without a doubt cartoon evil, you'd have to make a gigantic stretch to stick up for her actions.