Activision’s hostile take over

General Discussion
Activision is forcing blizzard to make poor marketing decisions to create so much animosity towards the current team that they’ll have all the justification they need to remove blizzard’s relative autonomy and restructure them into a mobile only arm of activision. Change my mind.
11/07/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Tuuloh
Activision is forcing blizzard to make poor marketing decisions to create so much animosity towards the current team that they’ll have all the justification they need to remove blizzard’s relative autonomy and restructure them into a mobile only arm of activision. Change my mind.

No that's all incorrect.

Prove me wrong.
You know the merger was 10.5 years ago right????

If the Activision side of the merger was going to make sweeping changes it would happened long before now.

I work for a company that has over 10 times the assets of Activision Blizzard and over 25 times the employees. We've made multiple mergers over the time I've worked for company and let me tell you the changes you see are usually immediate maybe within a year or two maximum for the biggest of the mergers we've had.

Blaming Activision over a merger a decade ago just proves your tinfoil hat is way too tight.
11/07/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/07/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Tuuloh

No that's all incorrect.

Prove me wrong.

Nice try with the white text. Post in blue next time.
I find it wonderfully ironic that the players who scream for boycotts and threaten unsubs anytime they're unhappy (aka all the time) are now upset and shocked that Blizzard is moving into a different market where it's easier for them to make money.
Sorry OP, my hands are too big to change something that small.
/yawn
11/07/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Tuuloh
Because us gamers don't know what we're talking about and only the moderators do right? Nice logic. Where'd you buy it? Family Dollar?

11/07/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Tuuloh
Are you implying that restructuring doesn’t take place throughout the lifetime of a partially autonomous merger? Why not try some evidence to the contrary instead of !@#$ting up my thread with asinine gatekeeper phrases like “tin foil hat”. Shill a little harder next time, you didn’t earn the shekels for that one.
Don't make a thread if you don't like the responses you get. Because guess what? Not everyone is always going to agree with you. I know right? Life sucks when nobody else cares for your opinion. It's called reality. You should try growing accustomed to it.
Shill a little harder next time, you didn’t earn the shekels for that one.

I'm not really sure why this is becoming popular.

Because it really paints a very negative picture of the person using the phrase. Add in the foul language and the attacking anyone with a contrary viewpoint and you're literally the figure of a forum troll.

If you have something to discuss about the game, great. If you're just here to be unpleasant to people and that's how you get off? We can probably use a whole lot less of that around here.

The whole "prove me wrong" thing? It's had its time. And that time wasn't short enough.
11/07/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Macfly

You know that Activision bought out Vivendi's controlling interest 4 years ago right?
11/07/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Ajora
11/07/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Macfly

You know that Activision bought out Vivendi's controlling interest 4 years ago right?

And that's relevant..how, exactly?
11/07/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Tuuloh
“Let me just be an a-hole and expect the other person to be the epitome of class”.

Said the pot to the kettle.
If they want to make games for the Chinese market, let them do it. Sometimes you need to fail hard to learn a good lesson.
11/07/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Crepe
Shill a little harder next time, you didn’t earn the shekels for that one.

I'm not really sure why this is becoming popular.

Because it really paints a very negative picture of the person using the phrase. Add in the foul language and the attacking anyone with a contrary viewpoint and you're literally the figure of a forum troll.

If you have something to discuss about the game, great. If you're just here to be unpleasant to people and that's how you get off? We can probably use a whole lot less of that around here.

The whole "prove me wrong" thing? It's had its time. And that time wasn't short enough.

Summed up my feelings exactly.
11/07/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Nightveil
11/07/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Tuuloh
Because us gamers don't know what we're talking about and only the moderators do right? Nice logic. Where'd you buy it? Family Dollar?

Are you implying that restructuring doesn’t take place throughout the lifetime of a partially autonomous merger? Why not try some evidence to the contrary instead of !@#$ting up my thread with asinine gatekeeper phrases like “tin foil hat”. Shill a little harder next time, you didn’t earn the shekels for that one.
Don't make a thread if you don't like the responses you get. Because guess what? Not everyone is always going to agree with you. I know right? Life sucks when nobody else cares for your opinion. It's called reality. You should try growing accustomed to it.

Oh now I can’t respond to a comment I disagree with? It all makes sense now. Thanks for your valuable input.
11/07/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Tuuloh
Yet I’m still hear

Frankly, you're not worth the time to rebut.
11/07/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Lostinwoods
If they want to make games for the Chinese market, let them do it. Sometimes you need to fail hard to learn a good lesson.

Actually a reasonable perspective. Still holding out hope that this is all bs and there’s a reasonable explanation for all of this but im loosing faith by the min.