Last thing you will do on WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
My 6 mo sub is ending in 22 days. Still want to get 8/8H before i punch out. Im stuck at 7/8 because im not a solo orb runner.
Run naked through Ogrimar screaming "BITE MY CUTE GNOME HINEY!!!!"
11/07/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Alesone
What is the last thing you will do on WoW before walking away?
Turn out the lights, take down the flag, and fade to commercial.
You just cancelled your subscription.

Pretty sure the only correct answer is immediately jump on the forums and start complaining.
At least based on current available evidence.

Nothing, same as in Everquest.

That is when you REALLY cancel; There is no "last thing."

I was playing Everquest, since no "better" MMORPG ever came along. I briefly messed around with some, like City of Heroes (first in the beta, then the release.) I was in City of Heroes when I got invited to the Wow beta.

Then I was in the Wow beta, the open beta and pretty much up to the release of the game. I never logged into City of Heroes, or Everquest, again.

I was active on the EQ boards, as much or more than I've been active here.
Even so, I never bothered going back for a "goodbye" or even to do anything in game. I simply, more or less, forgot that Everquest EXISTED:

I even forgot to cancel my EQ sub, for something like 3 months.

This is the way there will be a "last thing you do in Wow", because otherwise you will be back. Since you will be back, it won't be the "last thing."
Stand up.. right?

Like.. before I could walk away, I"d have to get up from my chair.. so.. yeah, I'd ahve to stand up, then walk away.. yep.

That's it. The last thing would be to stand up.
Typically when I quit the game for an extended period of time I find a nice quiet spot for my Mage to relax. Sometimes Sev needs a vacation.
Log out at an inn, obviously.
Convert my gold into store credit.

I didn't do anything special when I stopped playing WoW for 6 years. I just logged on less. Watched Netflix and started playing other games more. At some point I just stopped playing. My account is paid for in gold so I don't have to worry about cancelling my sub.

Though I doubt I'll be suckered back next time. Now I know anything that makes me go "oh that could be fun!" is going to be behind a rep grind and I dislike rep grinding.

Each time I have come back to WoW I immediately cancelled the recurring payment option because I did not want to have to deal with contacting customer support because, like an idiot, I was not paying attention.

With that said, the last thing I did was quest in Hellfire Penninsula...because that was as far as I was able to get before realising I was playing a bad RPG in a needlessly large world with content that I lamented being deprecated rather than brought current during WotLK.

I ran out of steam because Hellfire Penninsula is the beginning of the first expansion and the way Blizzard handled integrating old content and/or making it meaningful has long been genuinely appalling. I took a long break from late-Cataclysm to late-Legion and each time I tried to get back into it I stopped there...except for the one time I skipped BC content and played around in WotLK to only go so far as finishing Borean Tundra.

After watching Blizzard demonstrate nothing less than a clear lack of understanding of their core franchise audience with the Diablo: Immortal reveal and my experience with World of Warcraft, following the game's development even when I was no longer playing...well, I cannot think of anything that would get me to consider giving them my money again. The lack of understanding Blizzard demonstrated in the Diablo: Immortal reveal makes perfect sense of why various systems were developed in BFA: the developing team neither understands the franchise audience nor the game itself.
Bit hard to answer, as I'll be here until the day I leave this earth
The last thing I did was check my AH alt for auctions I may have forgotten about.

39 hours left on my sub, that was about 6 weeks ago I logged on.

I suppose I could log on again to do something more interesting but meh, everytime I log in I just hate myself.

Back to Red Dead Redemption 2 for me :)
Return to Eversong Woods and put Cindariel to sleep under a tree after saying good bye to all of Azeroth.
Sell everything, give away the gold to some random player. Delete every toons. That will keep me from coming back.

Though it would be my 3rd time doing that.
I don't think it'll be anything ceremonious. One day I'll just logout and never get around to logging back in.

Kind of like the last time you pick up your kid as they grow up. You might not remember the exact moment and it might not have been a big deal at the time, but it happened.
Drop the moonfeather totem in the AH, and retire in the Dreamgrove.

^ Realistically though, that's probably more likely. At least last time I quit it was because of a long term IRL schedule change and I had time to give everyone I gave a !@#$ about advance notice. This time I'd probably just get worn out, give the guild a week or two of warning to train up another healer and drop off the map without ceremony.
11/07/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Anmorata
Log out, probably.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y0X0ZYbnHxA
11/07/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Cryolite
My 6 mo sub is ending in 22 days. Still want to get 8/8H before i punch out. Im stuck at 7/8 because im not a solo orb runner.

I know how you feel. If it weren't for the mandatory lock portals I'd still be 7/8H too.
Go fly around all my favorite zones and do all my favorite raids/dungeons again.
11/07/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Sternbridge
Spam links to naughty fanart probably.

God's work