IP off GCD is Hotfix Material why wait 8.1?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
The lack luster QoL Prot changes for 8.1 could be hotfixed by one person leisurely on a sunday afternoon. It isn't hard to take IP off GCD and buff a few things. This is hotfix material not class redesign that Prot needs in 8.1

So why wait? Just Hotfix these changes then give us new talents and abilities in 8.1. Lets go Devs!!

PS- Yes everything has a condenscending tone because been waiting a few years for Prot to be fun and awesome again. To say Prot warrior are super annoyed would be an understatement!
Gladiator spec would be fun.
Either spec into thunderclap spec or gtfo.

Also don't nerf ravager, it's highly picked and too overpowered lawl.
Woaw ppl actually think Prot would be good if IP wasn't on GCD. How about all the other CDs on Global and cookie cutter talent picks?
11/08/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Riidatar
Woaw ppl actually think Prot would be good if IP wasn't on GCD. How about all the other CDs on Global and cookie cutter talent picks?

I know right Prot is in a horrific state needs a full rework mechanically from talents to abilities. I post this in the other 8.1 Prot thread on changes needed for a good starting point for 8.1.

11/06/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Abombanation
I disagree in that is a Good starting point because a Good Starting point would be to remove these talents choices.

- Impending Victory
- Vengeance
- Devastator
- Ravager
- Indomitable

Then after these are removed actually create compelling awesome talent choices in their place. This would be real change and meaningful changes. We want a Prot overhaul not take something off GCD and buff something a small %.

Personally would like Impending Victory and Devastator to become baseline. Devastator needs to generate 2 rage per hit.

Vengeance and Ravager are meaningless good bye just delete them.

Now onto IP, Revenge and Shield Block. What a crappy design to have 3 abilities we need to use all the time cost such extreme amounts of rage. One of them has to either go or not cost rage in order to work. Unless they want to buff Shield Slam to generate 30 rage but I rather they just fix the Rage cost.

Revenge a core staple Prot ability feels super bad to press. Not only that I rather never press it unless I have a free proc so it doesn't cost rage. The fact is we never needed to take IP off GCD all we needed to do is actually bake IP into Revenge. Every Revenge should just apply IP. That is some class fantasy as your warrior Ignores Pain in order to get Revenge :)

Now we are starting to get some manageable Rage cost. We can't have 3 things cost 30+ Rage that is super dumb an beyond annoying.

Shield Block needs to cost 25 Rage and it will feel better with Revenge now being 40 Rage and applying IP. With Devastator baseline and generating 2 rage which also free's up our rotation and gives us more Shield Slam procs to of course Generate Rage.

Then in the missing talents there is a plethora of great ideas mentioned over and over from Legendary bracers being a talent to other things but just make it happen. Fix Prot's core issues then give them better talents to make competitive choices for engaging gameplay.

We want to have fun again and really enjoy playing Prot again dammit we been waiting years! If you can't deliver multiple talent changes and make some things baseline and create new talents then what do we even have Devs for? Give us a real Prot Warrior to play again! We aren't going to be happy if you only buff X. Give Prot an overhaul like it needs and absolutely deserves! We need new talents and great talents at that.

Thanks
"Needs more data"
I think they should not wait for implementing buffs to all classes getting them. They can wait for nerfs as those could interfere with guilds that are still progressing. So implement the removal of the GCD for the utility spells, damage increases for classes that are getting them now in a hot fix as these would not hinder anyone.
We're not seeing substantive changes in 8.1 because they aren't dedicating resources to class design. We got what we got until 9.0.

They'd rather waste time and energy trying to incentivize us to run island expeditions.
11/09/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Signey
We're not seeing substantive changes in 8.1 because they aren't dedicating resources to class design. We got what we got until 9.0.

They'd rather waste time and energy trying to incentivize us to run island expeditions.

Expansion will be over by time they change Prot then. Legion was terrible just sucks to have to wait years for a fun Prot warrior to play.