Does anyone else still really hate SCALING?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
The ilvl part of scaling is the only problem... they should cap world mobs at 340 so we actually feel the reward in getting great armor to steamroll things
11/08/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Entitled
I like scaling. I like being able to stay in one zone and not lose out on xp because I am killing grey mobs. I like I can hop into a dungeon and not instantly outlevel the zone I was questing in and the zone next to it forcing me to travel two zones over to get back into questing.

I hate the xp changes that came with the scaling changes.

Those are two different things to me.

My sentiments mirror this statement exactly. I am excited for the XP nerf coming up.
I hate max level scaling based on item level.
11/08/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Blueorchid
I hate scaling...
I know at first there were a lot of people that were against it.
Now you dont hear that much about it. I cant stand it, and it
has really soured me on the game.

Anyone else still struggling to accept it?

Yes. You will find that there will be specific people who all have specific prejudices against a whole range of things, even things you didn't think it was possible to hate, like marshmallows or puppies.

I'm surprised you haven't heard much about it, there are still posts most days complaining about it. There was even a decent sized one just the other day.

Personally, I don't think it's a problem.
I despise illvl scaling. If Blizzard doesn’t want us brutally overpowering mobs as we get gear, I don’t know, reduce the amount of power and ilvl we get from upgrades? It absolutely defeats the purpose of acquiring superior equipment if it all comes to null anyways.
Mobs scaling with ilvl scale slower than players. If you're feeling weaker as you gain ilvls you're doing something wrong.

If ilvl scaling is lower than ilvl upgrades not being dps upgrades is even more of an issue.

Content that actually requires decent gear (instances) doesn't scale.
11/08/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Blueorchid
I liked the fact that the higher lvl you got, the more powerful you became. Things got easier. Now you hit 120 and it gets harder.

Hitting 120 is initially a little bit jarring, but it gets substantially easier again with minor effort into gearing up.

I mean it kind of has to work this way to a degree. How do you propose they handle the gear progression moving from one expansion to another? If you just continued to get stronger and stronger, by the time you go from level 110 (in Legion raid gear) to 120, your stats would be in an absurd place. I mean, I supposed they could allow the stats to remain some what balanced as you level, but then there is zero sense of progression after you start gearing up at the current max level.
I don't like it.

There is never a feeling of improvement.

Scaling makes me not want to try for anything. It is a big "what for". I don't see the point.
There always used to be zones you could farm for mats where the mobs felt insignificant. Now it's just hard work all the time. Coupled with the lack of flying my mat collection has spiralled to nothing.
I have this DK 376 Ilvl
An 2nd DK at 240 ilvl/level 110

My 110 DK kills things 3-4 times faster... Feelsbad.jpg
11/08/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Izzl
I have this DK 376 Ilvl

Well the 110 DK is in final raid of the expansion gear. The 376 DK is in first tier gear. Obviously the 110 is better at killing mobs. This has how it's literally always worked.
11/08/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Kwaii
11/08/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Izzl
I have this DK 376 Ilvl

Well the 110 DK is in final raid of the expansion gear. The 376 DK is in first tier gear. Obviously the 110 is better at killing mobs. This has how it's literally always worked.

How it has always worked? What about BC/CATA/WOD/MOP/WOTLK?
hate it. miss the days when you turn the wrong way and a mob with a skull chases you out or kills you.
theory is good, implementation is bad.

trash should die like trash. Its immersion for me. Why do I gain levels? Why do I scour the deepest depths for that rare weapon of a former champion?

to kill stuff better.

Mid grades, high grades, elites...make them harder. Scale them by all means But the trash needs to die...fast and easy. Its trash not an elite.

My void elf in the 50's wonders why a fox needs 3 rotations to dorp. Not a fel powered mutant fox somehow void infused as well in some bazaar experiment fox. Just a fox, who dies as hard as a fully armoured real mob does. 1 rotation, dead. they way it should be.

when levelling in 111-120, my chars wonder deep questions like why I get gear pawn add on says is 50% better, changes nothing....makes it worse in fact. till 340, when starting to get off the scales.
Newp. Scaling is fine. Grinding through 2-4 levels an hour, from 01-120. I've leveled alts at every stage of things and have no troubles.
11/08/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Brahmina
I'm okay with the straight mob scaling. I'm really disgusted with any form of ilvl scaling. Once you get to 120, you should be splattering those mobs.

I agree completely about the level 120... Max level should mean something.. not get harder /sigh
11/08/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Truthspeaker
*raises hand* Not a fan. I prefer the feeling of advancement that comes from out leveling a zone or having the option to level slower with green quests if I want. Even though it means fewer choices for where to level, I like that feeling of linear progression better than what we have now.

Thank you!! I like to feel like I am progressing in my power as I level. When I ding max level I like to feel like I have accomplished something.
Well I dont stay on the forums often. I think I come here more often when I am angry or irritated about something Blizzard has done. This scaling thing has been eating at me and eating at me. Honestly my subscription had lapsed and I was not going to re-up it was bothering me so much. The only reason I did was a friend needed something so I re-subbed for her. With the scaling I just feel like I am spinning my wheels.. never getting more powerful.. never getting anywhere.. it just makes it feel so damn grindy to me.

11/08/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Haavi
11/08/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Blueorchid
I hate scaling...
I know at first there were a lot of people that were against it.
Now you dont hear that much about it. I cant stand it, and it
has really soured me on the game.

Anyone else still struggling to accept it?

Yes. You will find that there will be specific people who all have specific prejudices against a whole range of things, even things you didn't think it was possible to hate, like marshmallows or puppies.

I'm surprised you haven't heard much about it, there are still posts most days complaining about it. There was even a decent sized one just the other day.

Personally, I don't think it's a problem.
I dont know.. I dont have the answers to it all.. maybe they could just do what they did with every other expansion before they started this lunacy of scaling /sigh

11/08/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Audeze
11/08/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Blueorchid
I liked the fact that the higher lvl you got, the more powerful you became. Things got easier. Now you hit 120 and it gets harder.

Hitting 120 is initially a little bit jarring, but it gets substantially easier again with minor effort into gearing up.

I mean it kind of has to work this way to a degree. How do you propose they handle the gear progression moving from one expansion to another? If you just continued to get stronger and stronger, by the time you go from level 110 (in Legion raid gear) to 120, your stats would be in an absurd place. I mean, I supposed they could allow the stats to remain some what balanced as you level, but then there is zero sense of progression after you start gearing up at the current max level.
11/08/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Entitled
I like scaling. I like being able to stay in one zone and not lose out on xp because I am killing grey mobs. I like I can hop into a dungeon and not instantly outlevel the zone I was questing in and the zone next to it forcing me to travel two zones over to get back into questing.

This is the only argument for it. And the problem could have been solved so easily by just... making quests and mobs stay green for extra 5 or 6 or 10 levels.

Instead we had almost every game system messed with, some significantly so, with long lasting problems that still haven't really been sorted out.

All because too many people at Blizzard spent too much time playing Skyrim without understanding that people like Skyrim despite its annoying level scaling, not because of it.