No, You Didn't "Work Hard" for WoD/ Legion Flying.

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
You unlocked it in the course of REGULAR PLAY, chasing quests and grinding reputation for other "rewards".

You didn't "earn it" more than I earned a 370 item level piece doing a war front.

I unlocked BFA pathfinder P1 without even being aware of the requirements.

I'd rather watch paint dry than go back and do repetitive, dead content to unlock WoD and Legion flying.

A shame. Without it I feel stupid leveling alts and discouraged to explore on my 120's.
11/08/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Zubdub
You unlocked it in the course of REGULAR PLAY, chasing quests and grinding reputation for other "rewards".

Not really, no. I'd never have done WoD treasures or the three Tanaan reps without pathfinder.

Honestly, it's not that hard to manage these days -- the quests are pretty easy at max level, and you can get a buddy who already has the achievement to ferry you around for the treasures and exploration parts.

The only thing that's particularly inconvenient is the rep grinds, and those are a cakewalk at 120.

You're welcome to not do that stuff if you truly don't feel like doing it, but then you'll just be stuck with the lack of flight in those areas. Whatever floats your boat.
I didn't really play WoD and Legion, and I'm not about to start. WoW gets about 10 hours a week from me, including two nights of raiding, I'm not going to quit raiding or spend months to unlock flying. No, I'm just going to ignore "quality" old content.

Then what's the problem? You can't fly in areas you don't play. Sounds like nothing needs fixing.
Flying should just be a gold sink again. Blizzard wanting to remove or gimp flying was bs. Entirely a marketing move on thier part.

But regardless it is what it is. If you wanna fly in wod or legion youll have to grind it. Had you played said expacs when they where cuurent you wouldn't have an issue now.
Wrong, i did work hard for flying. I started playing just less than a year ago. Spent a ton of time grinding to 110. My only goal was to unlock flying, spent weeks grinding rep for that, then grinded out rep for hmtauren/nightborne, then grinded rep for the waterwalking mount, then bfa came out. I did nothing but lvl and rep grind for months, dont tell me i didnt work hard, cramming pathfinder long after it came out is not the course of regular play.

Speak for yourself
11/08/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Istealthl
Wrong, i did work hard for flying. I started playing just less than a year ago. Spent a ton of time grinding to 110. My only goal was to unlock flying, spent weeks grinding rep for that, then grinded out rep for hmtauren/nightborne, then grinded rep for the waterwalking mount, then bfa came out. I did nothing but lvl and rep grind for months, dont tell me i didnt work hard, cramming pathfinder long after it came out is not the course of regular play.

Speak for yourself
You're an outlier. You will be rewarded with a "sweaty" in-game title though. I'm jealous.
You didn't "earn it"
Apparently you didn't, either.
WoW gets about 10 hours a week from me, including two nights of raiding, I'm not going to quit raiding or spend months to unlock flying. No, I'm just going to ignore "quality" old content.

Well, that's your prerogative, right? If you don't want to put in the time it takes to do something (or you can't for whatever reason), then you don't get the reward. It is what it is - enjoy your ground mounts?
11/08/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Zubdub
First two posts; you didn't "earn it". Lmao. Get a life.

A scathing counterpoint, truly.

I'm not complaining mediocre players get free 370 and 385 gear. You REALLY didn't earn it.

Isn't it kind of hypocritical to try to Armory-shame someone while posting on an alt? Not that I'd give this type of opinion any weight anyway, but hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

Put simply:

If you want it, go get it. If it's not worth going to get, then don't. Individual decision.
Lol earn as if the things we grind in games hold special value.

People grinded flying because flying is useful. Its a tool nothing more. No point in using video games for ego.

As it stands blizz will keep doing pathfinders. So if you wanna fly you will have to grind.
11/08/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Kakurine
Flying should just be a gold sink again. Blizzard wanting to remove or gimp flying was bs. Entirely a marketing move on thier part.

But regardless it is what it is. If you wanna fly in wod or legion youll have to grind it. Had you played said expacs when they where cuurent you wouldn't have an issue now.

Flying isn't even that big a gold sink it was 4k gold for MoP. I know Blizzard looks at time played metrics, well without flying I'm doing almost nothing in game, I read the forums a lot, they are more entertaining. I have a lot of alts I will level once flying comes back.
I'd rather watch paint dry than go back and do repetitive, dead content to unlock WoD and Legion flying.

Ditto.
I havent even gotten PF on my first account.
I'll rot in hell and brimstone before I do it on a second account as well.
Just give the dorks that will brigade this thread
You are the dork that made this troll thread.
11/08/2018 09:56 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
If you want it, go get it. If it's not worth going to get, then don't. Individual decision.

Don't derail the thread. My point is it should be unlocked now. We aren't talking about 98th percentile gear or a rare mount here.
First two posts; you didn't "earn it". Lmao. Get a life. ]

I'm not complaining mediocre players get free 370 and 385 gear. You REALLY didn't earn it.

You literally didn't earn it. Why are you having such a hard time keeping up with mediocre players?
honestly old world pathfinders should either be purchasable or flat out just allow flying with the baseline like how they did with northrend and pandaria flying now. I don't understand anyone who tries to argue otherwise when there's literally precedent of them making flying in old zones baseline in different areas already. And I've earned my pathfinders when they were current. It's just stupid to expect players to do all of that for something so remedial.
I've been making lots of alts lately, I raid on my monk. But I like the class mounts for each class so I went back and did Legion flying so when I get to my other alts it's not so bad when you can fly. I don't have WoD flying nor am I close on any toon. But I might eventually get it but alls I really go out to WoD for it old raids to run for mounts and transmogs so it's down on the list of things to do lol.
11/08/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Zubdub
My point is it should be unlocked now. We aren't talking about 98th percentile gear or a rare mount here.

You're right -- we're talking about an achievement that grants a non-essential ability that doesn't have any direct impact on the ability to advance through the content.

As for wanting it right now.. okay, fine -- you're welcome to want it. And heck, it may even change at some point. But that point isn't now, and it isn't even likely to be this expansion.

So, if this is something that's truly important to you, you can either wait until your wish is granted, which could be several years, or you can put in a little bit of time every week to that one specific goal, and eventually get it done.

That said, when you open your argument with an ad hominem, it's very difficult to have any kind of civil discussion.
11/08/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Tsavis
Flying isn't even that big a gold sink it was 4k gold for MoP.

It was 2500g for Pandaria flying. It's 5k (4k if you're exalted with SW or Org) each for the 280% and 310% flying speed upgrades.