No, You Didn't "Work Hard" for WoD/ Legion Flying.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
11/08/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Zubdub
First two posts; you didn't "earn it". Lmao. Get a life. ]

I'm not complaining mediocre players get free 370 and 385 gear. You REALLY didn't earn it.

I am confused by your post. Are you calling yourself a mediocre player for not earning flight in WoD?
Not sure what your overall point is, but last time I checked, each Pathfinder was earned by something less than 50% of the players. So if your hypothesis is it is something that falls into people's laps, that's not what the data says.
IDKETR
Yes, I unlocked flying in WoD and Legion when they were current, and if you want it, you need to go through the same process. Don't worry, it's not hard work, but it does take time, which is what we who have it, spent at it, and what you, apparently are not willing to, even though it would be much easier for you (assuming you have a 120 main hidden behind the level 10 orc you're posting on) than it was for us.

No it's not hard work, but it takes a good bit longer than running a warfront, and that's the deal, the developers chose to give this sort of ability to those who choose to play the game, as a opposed to those who don't want to.

So what are you complaining about? Oh yes, that you think you should get game rewards for not playing the game. Gotcha chief, you're coming in loud and clear.
If its not hard work whats keeping you from doing it?
11/08/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Truthspeaker
11/08/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Tsavis
Flying isn't even that big a gold sink it was 4k gold for MoP.

It was 2500g for Pandaria flying. It's 5k (4k if you're exalted with SW or Org) each for the 280% and 310% flying speed upgrades.

That's a lot of gold right now for a leveling character without a sugar daddy toon. I haven't been able to upgrade flight, which was never an issue before changes to professions and the AH that means pretty much nothing I can farm sells.
I still don't have wod flying.
Working hard does not inherently mean that you worked on something that requires a high level of skill and ability. Sometimes it can just mean perseverance. The ability to push through the mundane and get the job done is working hard.
How does one work hard in a video game exactly?

This thread is going places.
11/08/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Zubdub
You unlocked it in the course of REGULAR PLAY, chasing quests and grinding reputation for other "rewards".

Okay. So, why don't you want to unlock it in the course of regular play? "It's not current content!" eh? Can't be bothered to do anything except those things that reward you? Then flight is not rewarding to you. So don't do it.
Actually, I didn't unlock WoD flight as a part of regular play. I completed quests in most zones when I got to Draenor. But what I did was I leveled up characters and moved them back to Azeroth to do fun stuff until flight was released. Then I started working on the bucket list.

I had no issue with rep grinding in Legion, because we had lots of time early on, and the quests were rewarding and for the most part fun. Suramar I hated, and didn't do Suramaritan until after flight came.

How many people are still doing world quests in BfA after completing their rep? None? Anybody who stopped the instant they completed their exalted rep would have stopped long ago if there had been no requirement.
11/08/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Airc
Can't be bothered to do anything except those things that reward you?
Correct. I know for some of you it's hard to believe but WoW isn't a "life decision", it's a game. Don't mistake my meaning, I don't need a "tangible" reward for every action in-game. I don't wipe dozens, if not hundreds of times with my guild on mythic raid bosses for some sweet gear, for example.
You unlocked it in the course of REGULAR PLAY, chasing quests and grinding reputation for other "rewards".

You didn't "earn it" more than I earned a 370 item level piece doing a war front.

I unlocked BFA pathfinder P1 without even being aware of the requirements.

I'd rather watch paint dry than go back and do repetitive, dead content to unlock WoD and Legion flying.

A shame. Without it I feel stupid leveling alts and discouraged to explore on my 120's.

Just give the dorks that will brigade this thread to tell me how "hard" they worked for it a consolation prize, like a "sweaty" title or something. I didn't really play WoD and Legion, and I'm not about to start. WoW gets about 10 hours a week from me, including two nights of raiding, I'm not going to quit raiding or spend months to unlock flying. No, I'm just going to ignore "quality" old content.

i see so we didn't work hard so you should get it free because you were too lazy or whatnot to play the game when it was current.

We didn't have flying for 9 months in those expansions and leveled most of our alts without it, guess what so can you.
11/08/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Bullcritt

How many people are still doing world quests in BfA after completing their rep? None? Anybody who stopped the instant they completed their exalted rep would have stopped long ago if there had been no requirement.

I am actually still doing them once i hit exalted but a lot of that is because I can't stand just leaving those emissaries sitting. I do, however, usually leave them sit a few days so I can optimize my time spent on them and double dip as much as possible.

You didn't "earn it" more than I earned a 370 item level piece doing a war front.

I unlocked BFA pathfinder P1 without even being aware of the requirements.

I'd rather watch paint dry than go back and do repetitive, dead content to unlock WoD and Legion flying.

A shame. Without it I feel stupid leveling alts and discouraged to explore on my 120's.

Just give the dorks that will brigade this thread to tell me how "hard" they worked for it a consolation prize, like a "sweaty" title or something. I didn't really play WoD and Legion, and I'm not about to start. WoW gets about 10 hours a week from me, including two nights of raiding, I'm not going to quit raiding or spend months to unlock flying. No, I'm just going to ignore "quality" old content.
I feel the same way when my sandwich is cut straight instead of diagonally. I throw it on the floor and pout about how unfair life is.

No.

I beta tested it. Fell to my death more than once thanks to bugs.

Was part of the outcry that got us Pathfinder.

Didnt have to run three MORE reps to revered otherwise. And wouldnt have wasted time on that "campaign"

Didnt have to build a shipyard otherwise.

Wouldnt have TOUCHED Tanaan after more than one day if Pathfinder wasnt involved..it stunk.

Yes I did.
like a "sweaty" title

I laughed.

No, I'm just going to ignore "quality" old content

I simply pvp through them with alts. If i'm going to be ground bound I'm going to play content that's designed around no flying. And it also offers content that has other people to play with. Or no flying and I get to grind through zones designed with flying in mind that have absolutely nobody in them? Yep that's super fun.

I see no need to ever get flying in either xpac. Because I see no need to ever go there except to pop in and get my first artifact in legion. My druid doesn't even have a garrison. At this point I can care less about those 2 xpacs and I'm certainly not buying the next xpac after seeing how stupid the grind has gotten. 1 xpac of time gated rep locked flying is more than enough for me thanks. Not worth my money. I still play this one because it's free to play for me at this point.
Getting Pathfinder isn't hard at all but all of us that have it laugh at everyone who says it takes too long.
If you grind for anything, it's considered "working for it". You are right, Pathfinder has been doable through regular play (and content I'd personally be doing anyway), but it's a grind, which brings me back to the beginning of my post. Not a hard grind by any means, it just takes a little while.
11/08/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Krider
I didn't really play WoD and Legion, and I'm not about to start. WoW gets about 10 hours a week from me, including two nights of raiding, I'm not going to quit raiding or spend months to unlock flying. No, I'm just going to ignore "quality" old content.

Then what's the problem? You can't fly in areas you don't play. Sounds like nothing needs fixing.
Yeah, I don't understand the point of the tirade. No one makes threads bragging about WoD or Legion Pathfinder achievements. So what is this even about?