No, You Didn't "Work Hard" for WoD/ Legion Flying.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
11/08/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Kakurine
Flying should just be a gold sink again. Blizzard wanting to remove or gimp flying was bs. Entirely a marketing move on thier part.

But regardless it is what it is. If you wanna fly in wod or legion youll have to grind it. Had you played said expacs when they where cuurent you wouldn't have an issue now.

Yeah, how's that tinfoil hat? Looks like you need to loosen it up. Yeah it was a marketing move to instead of paying for it using in-game gold that is worth squat in the real world to now getting it for free by, you know, playing the game you are spending $15 a month. Such a HUGE marketing scheme.

What is up with people this day of age? Good lord.
11/08/2018 10:07 PMPosted by Brax
Not sure what your overall point is, but last time I checked, each Pathfinder was earned by something less than 50% of the players. So if your hypothesis is it is something that falls into people's laps, that's not what the data says.

I can pull data out of my buttocks too link info my friend or people are going to discount your every word.

And I'm fairly certain alot of people burn out before they even get it most of the time Pathfinders singularly the most boring grind outside of the Nilla Grinds

Especially now you dont even get a mount for your effort you just get to fly. I'm rather glad my sub time ends soon.
@OP

WoD is what.....2 major xpacs ago and still complaining about not being able to fly in WoD just because it's "old content" and players should be automatically granted flying? Or who is suppose to earn flying or not?

Not like Blizzard is removing the requirements for flying from WoD all together. It's still out there, you just gotta put in the time and effort to unlock flying. Why so serious? Honestly, I flew past WoD to even care about unlocking flying. Why? I took a break from WoW within 6 months into WoD (due to IRL commitments) and returned at the start of Legion, mainly b/c of the Demon Hunter. I still haven't unlocked flying in WoD 2 xpacs later...why? Not interested in grinding "old" content such as flying since there's tons to do in the current xpac. Sure, we won't get flying until 8.2 in BFA (unless they sneak it in 8.1 as a "surprise" despite the BLIZZCON Q&A), and that's ok. I enjoy both flying and ground travel.

Fresh lvl 120's entering BFA will get a chance to nab a 370 piece from WarFronts when they meet the requirements. It's not the players fault the developers enabled lvl 120's the chance to obtain 370 gear when they are able to queue up for WarFronts. They just need to make sure they meet the req's first.

See, the thing about change is adaptation. If you change the gameplay towards the more "experienced" players, especially upgrading WarFront from 340 to 370 gear now, the new players will profit. BFA was launched on what...Aug 14th, and its been just about shy 3 months now. Blizzard has been upgrading gear for old and new players to "catch up". Heck, my lvl 120 DH alt, ilvl 343, went into WarFronts yesterday and nabbed my 370 gloves. Cool! Not disappointed one bit, did I earn them? I sure the hell did! I fought with the Raid, I supplied the "garrison" upgrades, I fought the final boss, I supported the team achieving the SAME GOAL....winning the battle. I may of not had the most "leet" DPS, but I was top 10 in DPS at ilvl 343. I put in work to earn my keep just like those who put in the work to unlock WoD flying.

Understand this OP....when you change something, not matter how small it may be, the big picture is, it will have a huge impact. A change for one, is a change for all. Let that marinate.
11/09/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Dethvalkyrie
just because it's "old content" and players should be automatically granted flying? Or who is suppose to earn flying or not?

Yes, that's exactly what we're proposing. The rest of your post had nothing to do with the topic though.
challenge to get flying huh...

ouu... just got idea for reward of the next rage tower... :P
lol, you're damn right I didn't. I just played the game and I got it for all my characters for zilch, plus a mount. Pretty cool.
11/08/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Tsavis
11/08/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Kakurine
Flying should just be a gold sink again. Blizzard wanting to remove or gimp flying was bs. Entirely a marketing move on thier part.

But regardless it is what it is. If you wanna fly in wod or legion youll have to grind it. Had you played said expacs when they where cuurent you wouldn't have an issue now.

Flying isn't even that big a gold sink it was 4k gold for MoP. I know Blizzard looks at time played metrics, well without flying I'm doing almost nothing in game, I read the forums a lot, they are more entertaining. I have a lot of alts I will level once flying comes back.

This. SO this.
+!
You unlocked it in the course of REGULAR PLAY, chasing quests and grinding reputation for other "rewards".

If I got it from doing regular play then what was I doing when I went out of my way to do a bunch of things I had no interest in with the only goal of finally getting flight unlocked so I could fly around in the now obsolete zones?
You can’t fly at level 10 anyways.
didn't unlock it, I'm not interested in unlocking it, I have no reason to unlock it. Not a single one of my toons have bothered to unlock it or ever intend to unlock it on anything.
OP sounds like he feels entitled to something for nothing.

or just wants to make him self feel special by acting like people with the pahtfinder achievements did not do something to obtain it, which having flying there clearly contradicts.

Now I'd be fine with current pathfinder unlocking all flying back to level 60 and just stop having anything more than hit max level, do pathfinder I , then you get flying.

No time gating. No part 2, just a way to fly in current content upon hitting max level and a path for new players (do such things exist) to obtain it.

I'm aware it might benefit people who didn't obtain it during wod or legion because they didn't really want to work for it, but to help the game stay alive I'll accept current pathfinder unlocks all flying.

What I won't accept or appreciate is not flying nor time gated pathfinder multi parts. That is petty and vindictive for having to return flying after loosing 5 million or so subs in wod.

Flying was never a problem until bliz made it one and bliz has the ability to take it off the table as a problem at any point they choose. That they haven't done this shows that for some unfathomable reason they like this contention.
I can't tell if OP likes or hates PF
I still did the work regardless of whether or not you think it was work.
You right.

I actually was so absent during WoD that i never grinded up the reps i needed to complete the pathfinder.

However, when i decided to actually do it, they had just come out with the wow token, and the rep tokens on the AH were really cheap. So i just bought 41 of those after selling a couple wow tokens.

Then i had a friendly fly me around to all of the treasure chests and bonus missions i needed to finish it up.
I didnt earn it, I found someone that had it that was AFK, hit them on the head and stole it. They are probably still wandering around wondering why they cant fly.
I worked hard for it, that you think I did not is irrelevant since you didn't even unlocked it. I will also be working hard on unlocking WoD flying and again, your opinion will be irrelevant.
11/08/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Zubdub
You unlocked it in the course of REGULAR PLAY, chasing quests and grinding reputation for other "rewards".

That's a classic oxymoron: REGULAR playing is NOT GRINDING, GRINDING is an artificial game mechanic to drag things out instead of providing REAL CONTENT to unlock stuff.

You didn't "earn it" more than I earned a 370 item level piece doing a war front.

I unlocked BFA pathfinder P1 without even being aware of the requirements.

I'd rather watch paint dry than go back and do repetitive, dead content to unlock WoD and Legion flying.

A shame. Without it I feel stupid leveling alts and discouraged to explore on my 120's.

Just give the dorks that will brigade this thread to tell me how "hard" they worked for it a consolation prize, like a "sweaty" title or something. I didn't really play WoD and Legion, and I'm not about to start. WoW gets about 10 hours a week from me, including two nights of raiding, I'm not going to quit raiding or spend months to unlock flying. No, I'm just going to ignore "quality" old content.
So don't, you can be stuck on the ground in WoD and Legion. I'll be sure to wave from the sky if I ever see you :)

Nop I actualy never earned it and far from it. Why would have I meet the requirement by regular play as a none soloer player ? I had no reason to farm most of the faction since the reward were useless compared to running mythic dungeons.
Pathfinder is fine.

The issue is the time gating.

Blizzard you either care about "experiencing content from the ground" or you just want to gate us to milk out MAUs.

Let's not pretend there is any need for the time-gating given the depth of the pathfinder requirements.

At the very least they could tack on something clear last boss of first raid tier (any difficulty) ... then the time-gate wouldn't feel as oppresive.

Right now the system just sucks and reeks of retention mechanics.