No, You Didn't "Work Hard" for WoD/ Legion Flying.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
11/09/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Trollingyou
That's a classic oxymoron: REGULAR playing is NOT GRINDING, GRINDING is an artificial game mechanic to drag things out instead of providing REAL CONTENT to unlock stuff.
That's not even close to an oxymoron.

Pathfinder is not grinding. Grinding is killing mobs endlessly for extended periods of time to level something. That's not what we're doing. You're doing quests and exploring. That's not grinding. You don't just get to call something a grind because you don't like it and want to make it sound as bad as possible.
"I worked hard for wod flying!"

*Casually looks at Nether drake during BC*

Oh no my sweet summer child.
11/08/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Zubdub
11/08/2018 09:56 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
If you want it, go get it. If it's not worth going to get, then don't. Individual decision.

Don't derail the thread. My point is it should be unlocked now. We aren't talking about 98th percentile gear or a rare mount here.

Well then why don,t you have unlocked it ?

We can see your achievement dude.
11/09/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Derka
That's a classic oxymoron: REGULAR playing is NOT GRINDING, GRINDING is an artificial game mechanic to drag things out instead of providing REAL CONTENT to unlock stuff.

Pathfinder is not grinding. Grinding is killing mobs endlessly for extended periods of time to level something. That's not what we're doing. You're doing quests and exploring. That's not grinding. You don't just get to call something a grind because you don't like it and want to make it sound as bad as possible.

Quest grinding deos exist. I don't get why you think the definition of grinding is just killing mobs over and over
11/08/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Kakurine
Flying should just be a gold sink again. Blizzard wanting to remove or gimp flying was bs. Entirely a marketing move on thier part.

But regardless it is what it is. If you wanna fly in wod or legion youll have to grind it. Had you played said expacs when they where cuurent you wouldn't have an issue now.

We have enough of a gold sink as it is in BfA, we don't need to make all our characters broke.
I completely skipped WOD and still was easily able to get flying. Only took me about 3 weeks. Legion is even easier to get reps because of emissaries. I dont see any problem with people having to go back and complete the content if they want the specific rewards. You dont need flying to level it's just convenient.
You didn't build that.

Where have I heard that nonsense before? :P
Wtf? I started in Legion. Don't tell me I didn't earn it. You think I got revered with all the reps passively after completing the story and all the quests? NOPE! I had to grind and grind for weeks on end to get it. Wardens still give me PTSD.

OP is way wrong.
11/09/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Derka

Quest grinding exists.

It's exactly what Pathfinder makes you do. You are doing the same quests endlessly for extended periods of time to reach a reputation level.
11/08/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Zubdub
I unlocked BFA pathfinder P1 without even being aware of the requirements.

That's the entire dang point! It's not supposed to be some insurmountable wall that most can't pass, like mythic raiding or rated pvp; it's literally just "play the game, and you'll eventually get it." And the reason for that is because flying allows you to bypass content in leaps and bounds. So, do the content, get the means to bypass the content. That this doesn't make sense to people confounds me.
11/08/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Kakurine
Blizzard wanting to remove or gimp flying was bs. Entirely a marketing move on thier part.
No. It was because of Cataclysm
11/09/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Xethorsiph
I unlocked BFA pathfinder P1 without even being aware of the requirements.

That's the entire dang point! It's not supposed to be some insurmountable wall that most can't pass, like mythic raiding or rated pvp; it's literally just "play the game, and you'll eventually get it." And the reason for that is because flying allows you to bypass content in leaps and bounds. So, do the content, get the means to bypass the content. That this doesn't make sense to people confounds me.

Flying doesn't skip content. Flying doesn't by pass content. Flying doesn't do the content for you. Its ridiculous to state that it does.
11/08/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
You unlocked it in the course of REGULAR PLAY, chasing quests and grinding reputation for other "rewards".

Not really, no. I'd never have done WoD treasures or the three Tanaan reps without pathfinder.

Honestly, it's not that hard to manage these days -- the quests are pretty easy at max level, and you can get a buddy who already has the achievement to ferry you around for the treasures and exploration parts.

The only thing that's particularly inconvenient is the rep grinds, and those are a cakewalk at 120.

You're welcome to not do that stuff if you truly don't feel like doing it, but then you'll just be stuck with the lack of flight in those areas. Whatever floats your boat.

Been working on that thing for a while. the quest they want you to do is hard to find. Google does not help. I found 3 of the required 20. Still looking for rest. treasure imp at 98. almost to 100 and have 102 to go. Rep wise I'm down to last one. Hopuinfg that goes smoothly. I wait and see. Now to question why am I doing this?

I earned flying when gold was not raining form sky. If anything I passed earning crap. As it was ton of work. Plus I had to get my first mount. Boy was that a chore. can you image if they remove ground travel with mounts too you get path finder. I can with the crap they been pulling. stop defending crappy moves. This should at least be removed by BFA.
11/09/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Viridina
11/08/2018 10:07 PMPosted by Brax
Not sure what your overall point is, but last time I checked, each Pathfinder was earned by something less than 50% of the players. So if your hypothesis is it is something that falls into people's laps, that's not what the data says.

I can pull data out of my buttocks too link info my friend or people are going to discount your every word.

And I'm fairly certain alot of people burn out before they even get it most of the time Pathfinders singularly the most boring grind outside of the Nilla Grinds

Especially now you dont even get a mount for your effort you just get to fly. I'm rather glad my sub time ends soon.

In case you really don't know how to check for yourself:

1. https://worldofwargraphs.com
2. Choose your desired achievements category, i.e., Exploration->Draenor
3. Scan down list until you see Draenor Pathfinder, currently 47.3%

If you did know and were just being generally bad attitude about everything shame on me for taking the bait.
Pathfinder is just plain stupid to begin with, they need to stop treating flying like it’s a burden for them to design around and they also need to stop acting like it’s a “content” release when it can finally be unlocked. I understand that they want people to explore the world but the achievement and massive timegate is just f#cking stupid.

Also, any flying mount you get or buy off the shop is a mean joke because you can’t even fly with it in current content for half the xpac
Yes, yes I did work hard for WoD flying because I had to run around looking for stupid treasures that counted and I went out of my way to actually do the 3 reps in tanaan (pain in the butt) instead of getting them while playing.

Legion was easy and I didn't have to do too much above playing to get it naturally.
i own BFA, WOD, and Legion and i coudlnt agree more with the OP. i actually grinded pathfinders for both WOD and Legion recently

it was the biggest grind ever and i missed out on alot of the new content (BFA) im kinda behind everybody atm lol but not that far from getting revered with all factions, i have alot of time on my hand so i can see how hard it would be for someone who has limited time to play
I started to work on draenor pathfinder this week, it's not as grindy as it looks. Explore Draenor and Draenor Loremaster are pretty straightforward, you can unlock those while leveling alts. 50 treasures took me less than 2 hours, Handy Notes Draenor show them all on your map. Each assault point take less than 15 minutes to complete, even going slow i already did 6 of them. About the Tanaan reps, in the first day i reach friendly with the 3 factions, just by doing the intro quests and the dailies. Don't give up yet, blizzard probably will never took pathfinder away.
Then why make it an achievement
The OP seems to be overly aggressive for no reason and tries to play the "People who have more than me in a video game are nerds and people who have less are casuals" card quite a bit.

Can just ignore him and instead make this thread about pizza or something instead?