How do you do your Island Expeditions?

General Discussion
I don't ,as soon as i got five to advance the research tree i have not done any more. I will not do them on alts.
I don't do them at all.

They are blatant catering to the GOGOGO crowd and I refuse to take part in that style of extremely lame game play.
I just think it's funny that if you want loot, the absolute last thing you should do is kill the special azerite elemental spawn and harvest all those juicy nodes.
11/08/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Adelphie
I don't. It's bad content and I don't want to encourage Blizzard by participating in it.
11/09/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Eret
11/09/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Tékota

Beat me to it.

to each their own but the expeditions have made me close to 500k.

Gold? I find that hard to believe.
11/09/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Wyler
I just think it's funny that if you want loot, the absolute last thing you should do is kill the special azerite elemental spawn and harvest all those juicy nodes.

They spawn every D time lol. They are not special.
11/09/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Tékota
11/09/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Eret

to each their own but the expeditions have made me close to 500k.

Gold? I find that hard to believe.

The transmog goes for alot right now since there is low supply.
I wouldn't mind doing them to farm for mounts and items but nobody that I know enjoys doing them. My experience in group finder is that everyone tries to run a different direction and you akwardly try and keep up with your group and typically barely win.
I like to do them on alts for a fast level or two. My goal is to get transmog items, pets and mounts. So far no mounts.... If you are in a random group, ask at the beginning if they are farming or going for the win.
1) Can't get fancy hat yet, with doubloons.

2) Don't bother doing.
Now i pull everything till i reach a rare
I follow the leader.

If the leader hestitates or I'm the leader I head towards the nearest X until I see a rare or aggro a couple of mobs.

Once I have one small fight down and have a sense of whether this is a strong or weak party, I adjust how aggressively I pull and continue moving towards Xs/rares, ocassionally stopping to rescue NPCs or open chests (i don't know if they actually help, but asthetically it feels like loot should come from chests). A lot of people (myself included) are using IEs as an altenative to questing on ssometimes-poorly-geared alts, so there can be a wide range of power levels from party to party.

If we get separated for any reason, I continue on solo, but try to reunite with the rest of the party.

If an invasion spawns and there's a portal, I move towards the portal, regardless of what the party leader is doing.

I try to avoid chain-pulling unless I'm confident I can tank it all myself and even then, I prefer to err on the side of caution (but I'm far from perfect). I try to read what other people wnat, know and are capable of by their actions (but I'm far from perfect).

I never initiate a vote-kick, but will support one for a player who is AFK if we seem in danger of losing. Otherwise, if we don't seem to be cooperating, I just do my own thing as best I can. My highest priorty tends to be "never be idle" - hestitation and indecision seem to be the main path to failure.
11/08/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Tadkins
They're the most chaotic things ever. Lately I don't think I've had a single group working in cohesion.

A number of them would have a group run halfway across the island, pulling every mob they can...mind you this is without a tank, or a healer. Ends about as well as you'd expect.

So at this point I'm still wondering how I should approach them. Kind of want to explore and learn 'em, but I haven't had a group that'd let me do that for the most part.

Just now I was in one where the azerite elementals popped up and the other two had run off, leaving me to solo it all.

Speaking of soloing, I think I would genuinely enjoy them more if I could actually, well, solo them, lol.

If the group runs off when those pop up you shouldn't be trying to solo them because that means the groups is wanting the event to happen and if you collect azerite too fast, i.e. killing those, it won't.
I don't?
I pretty much just ran them for the Honorbound and 7th Legion reps. Now that I’m done with those, I’m done with Islands, too lol.
its a horrifically boring time sink for almost no reward

really bad design
Pull everything, slow everything down nuke the hell out of everything, repeat.
You really don't need a healer, if you die you die just run back. The one time I got in with a healer it made it take sooo much longer than it needed to be.
Tried them a couple of times, never did them again. They suck. Garbage content
11/14/2018 04:10 AMPosted by Gambacha
You really don't need a healer, if you die you die just run back. The one time I got in with a healer it made it take sooo much longer than it needed to be.

If you die - you don't even have to run back if the other two people will run through a bubble and i agree healers are a waste of space, at least on normal.