Child of the Sea

General Discussion
11/08/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Falion
How does being a Kul Tiran make you a better swimmer and hold your breath more? You'd think they would be more susceptible to shortness of breath or something.

Your fat phobia is showing, my dear.

As for their swimming (and/or water survival) ability, have you ever seen a skinny seal? A skinny walrus? A skinny penguin? A high percentage of body fat is actually pro-survival in some environments -- like cold water. Bigger creatures with higher body fat do better in cold water -- less surface exposure, more mass, better ability to retain body heat. And the water takes up some of the work of supporting and maneuvering that larger, heavier body.
There’s a lot of what are potentially interesting hints about Kul Tiran/Tidesage heritage scattered throughout BfA. Most notably, Lord Stormsong, the second to last boss in the Shrine of the Storm dungeon, says “we must return to the sea”, and there’s a line from Brother Pike when he’s explaining about the K’thir where he says something along the lines of “we were warned about gazing too deeply into our power”. The Tidesages constantly make reference to the “Tidemother”, one of Ashzara’s titles. Add to this Blizzard confirming that there is Vykrul in Kul Tiran bloodlines - we’ve seen sea dwelling Vykrul who were quite well adapted to aquatic/semi-aquatic life - and the strong implication is that Kul Tiran ancestors not only lived IN the water, but perhaps even have direct, if forgotten ties, to the Old Gods and Azshara. I’ll be surprised if this gets elaborated on too much, but the breadcrumbs are there.
Fat floats.
Easy explanation is that they are not like stormwind humans they would be genetically different r/t their mixed race ( species? not sure which adjective applies although both are humanoid so went with race) heritage.
How does being a Kul Tiran make you a better swimmer and hold your breath more? You'd think they would be more susceptible to shortness of breath or something.

"LOL that character is fat!! How does he even fight?!"
Nevermind the barbie dolls clothed in 360 pounds of plate armor, carrying a sword and shield the side of their bodies in each hand... we don't care about physical accuracy in that instance.
Fat people float.
11/08/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Sevaira
11/08/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Xaolio
Kul Tirans get to be sea cows

Because they are sea cows.

Okay, I’ll say it: Kul Tirans have hu-manatee.

I’ll see myself out.
11/09/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Tadpo
There’s a lot of what are potentially interesting hints about Kul Tiran/Tidesage heritage scattered throughout BfA. Most notably, Lord Stormsong, the second to last boss in the Shrine of the Storm dungeon, says “we must return to the sea”, and there’s a line from Brother Pike when he’s explaining about the K’thir where he says something along the lines of “we were warned about gazing too deeply into our power”. The Tidesages constantly make reference to the “Tidemother”, one of Ashzara’s titles. Add to this Blizzard confirming that there is Vykrul in Kul Tiran bloodlines - we’ve seen sea dwelling Vykrul who were quite well adapted to aquatic/semi-aquatic life - and the strong implication is that Kul Tiran ancestors not only lived IN the water, but perhaps even have direct, if forgotten ties, to the Old Gods and Azshara. I’ll be surprised if this gets elaborated on too much, but the breadcrumbs are there.
It's "Vrykul." Which is easy to remember as V(e)rykul vikings.

Fat Shaming! Reported!

#alwaysabloodelf

/Sarcasm - I did not report you.

Someone just won a Darwin award. Pun intended.

The same way living in Hawaii tends to make you a strong swimmer.

There's not much else to do.
have you ever been to a sea town?....