Dh compared to WW

Monk
I think mathematically, FotWT is going to be higher ST damage due to the damage it does plus the resource generation for what it costs.

I'm not sure that is up for debate but I could be wrong.

Also it will be less sustain and more burst, as small as it may be. Whereas Ascension is higher sustain and I think mathematically worse.

Again I am not 100 percent sure here. But I'm certain someone has the answer.

Not saying I love the ability by any stretch of the imagination. It falls flat in all areas just like almost all of the windwalker talents.
Situationally I find assension wins by a landslide. Every single time I’ve tried SotWL I regret it. It doesn’t provide enough burst to be meaningful and you still suffer in the down time.

Don’t ask me about math but when it comes to actual playability i invite any monk to do an M+ with me and try to out dps me using that talent. Ain’t guna happen.
11/09/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Omnipotentjc
11/09/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Sifu

I disagree, I enjoyed the Legion WW more than any other expansion. The only thing I miss is Chi Explosion.

Doesn’t miss nimble brew, tigereye brew, baseline grapple weapon, instacast healing spheres, expel harm, spinning fire blossom, baseline fort brew, ToD execute, blackoutkick heal or dot, karma being practically unbreakable, doesn’t miss base line fist stun or energizer elixer. But he misses Chi Explosion? I don’t even remember what that did it was so bad. Nice troll guy. 0/10

Yes, I don't miss them. I especially don't miss their old mastery either. PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON THINGS! SHOCKING REVEAL! NEWS AT 11!
11/09/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Omnipotentjc

Well he said it was the greatest thing to grace WoW but in reality WoD monk was a down grade from MoP monk and Legion monk was downgrade from WoD monk and BFA monk is the worst it has ever been in all areas.

I can agree that Legion monk had a couple of upsides compared to WoD monk with things like port heal and SotWL. But I hated tiger eye removal and I was never a fan of ToD.

WoD monk was unplayable in PvP for a large part of the expansion. You also had to use chi torpedo to do damage and couldn't FoF while moving. You sure legion was a downgrade?
Well I miss chi explosion

Before the WoD pvp set bonus nerf, WW was at its absolute best with chi explosion.

Goes to show though, there is a lot to miss with WW.
11/09/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Lythra
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So many things wrong here. In pvp chaos nova is a 4 or 5 second stun and the pvp talent makes darkness a 70% chance to absorb incoming damage. Just saying, maybe know your class before posting. Ww is trash in bfa, dh is a much superior version.

Chaos Nova is a 2s stun. Always. Fel Eruption, a talent on the same tier as Havoc's only slow, is a 4s stun. Maybe fact check before you insult. Havoc is in a much better place than WW, but you're still wrong.

You know your class really well, please tell us more.

multipost
11/12/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Omnipotentjc
Situationally I find assension wins by a landslide. Every single time I’ve tried SotWL I regret it. It doesn’t provide enough burst to be meaningful and you still suffer in the down time.

Don’t ask me about math but when it comes to actual playability i invite any monk to do an M+ with me and try to out dps me using that talent. Ain’t guna happen.
So far, spending a global on FotWT seems like a waste. It does give you more control, since it's an active ability, but it just feels like a gcd speed bump.
11/13/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Squiggins
11/12/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Omnipotentjc

So far, spending a global on FotWT seems like a waste. It does give you more control, since it's an active ability, but it just feels like a gcd speed bump.

To me FotWT is just a GCD bump to keep combo strikes going that is really the only reason why I have taken that over Acension.
11/13/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Squiggins

pve its likely not worth it idk
pvp the tier is preference

11/12/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Vaikuu
WoD monk was unplayable in PvP for a large part of the expansion. You also had to use chi torpedo to do damage and couldn't FoF while moving. You sure legion was a downgrade?

Im pretty sure he moreso meant playstyle wise. We had WAY more active abilities to press, abilities that were actually FUN to use. Tigereye, Zen Med, etc are all abilities that likely made not only myself, but other WW's fall in love with the spec to begin with. And then w/ each expansion more & more abilities get pruned, which yes, makes it a downgrade.
Was their some retarded mechanics like Chi Torpedo for damage? Sure, but overall it was way better than the piece of !@#$ that was called Legion WW playstyle and DEFINITELY better than BFA monk playstyle as far as PVP is concerned.

And by the way, WW was unplayable in WOD for the first half of the first arena season, and then we were in a good spot the rest of the expansion. So I wouldn't really talk about PVP or what was an upgrade/downgrade atleast as far as PVP is concerned if you don't even have the facts for yourself.
11/13/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Berusein
<span class="truncated">...</span>So far, spending a global on FotWT seems like a waste. It does give you more control, since it's an active ability, but it just feels like a gcd speed bump.

To me FotWT is just a GCD bump to keep combo strikes going that is really the only reason why I have taken that over Acension.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19#class=Monk&spec=Windwalker
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/20#metric=dps&class=Monk&spec=Windwalker

You guys should teach those top ranking monks a thing or two. Sure, they are parsing at the top of the spec, but they are all using an inferior talent so they must be wrong!

Zero top 10 monks on any boss in mythic uldir use any talent except fotfw on any fight. Across 10 dungeons the top performing WW monks in all dungeons use fotfw. Out of all 10 dungeons (top 10 parses for each dungeon, so 100 rankings in total), there are 8 uses of energising elixir and 0 uses of ascension.
11/14/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Kineological
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19#class=Monk&spec=Windwalker
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/20#metric=dps&class=Monk&spec=Windwalker

You guys should teach those top ranking monks a thing or two. Sure, they are parsing at the top of the spec, but they are all using an inferior talent so they must be wrong!

Zero top 10 monks on any boss in mythic uldir use any talent except fotfw on any fight. Across 10 dungeons the top performing WW monks in all dungeons use fotfw. Out of all 10 dungeons (top 10 parses for each dungeon, so 100 rankings in total), there are 8 uses of energising elixir and 0 uses of ascension.

Nobody said it's underperforming, we just said it feels mediocre. Thanks for the effort though.
Aye slap me up against that mythic Ghuune and I bet I would give those other monks a run for their money. I stand by what I say that it’s not as good.

It’s npcing killing though. It makes sence why those talents would make sence because sometime the boss stop attacking and has to go change his diaper where the cooldown would make more sence. And maybe they have the best gear imagineble so they just have the right amount of haste to not go starved on their rotation.

You can’t really compare the top %0.1 to an average player someone who’s played 100 pulls on each mythic boss to someone who hasn’t played one.

I hope they would be pretty good! So I assume their dps is near perfect. For me when I’ve tried to raid I’ve had to heal myself in the middle of the raid and acidenrly joined a Mexican team and had 200 ping. Can’t really compare my raiding to method.
If you think fotwt is mediocre you likely need to improve your chi management and ability priority.

A 3 chi generator works wonders in being able to FoF on demand (at times). This plays a large part in why EE doesn't get much use despite generating more chi over time.

Similarly it's the chi generation of chi burst that makes that talent superior to its competitors.