Your first Epic in Vanilla?

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
I remember very well looting my first epic piece of gear from one of the Subterranean Diemetradon from Maraudon.

It was the BoE Ring Underworld Band.
That's a great memory for me.

What was yours?
Probably a common one for some people but what I recall was, Unstoppable Force. A neat little 2 handed mace for my Paladin
I don't remember my first one.

My most memorable one however, was Will of Arlokk from ZG. I'd been saving all my DKP for it and almost lost it when it drooped for the first time, on our first kill.

It was glorious.
i am recalling the name by memory, but it was the jeweled amulet of caiwyn(sp)

a boe neck world drop. i got it off a demon in winterspring i believe. i equipped it.
Warden staff. Friend got it dropped to jim & mailed it to cause I said I was thinking about going tank.
Eye of Flame then Nightslayers Bracers.
I looted Staff of Jordan off of one of the Booty Bay pirates.
Robes of Insight. Sold for way too cheap.
11/09/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Yorkshire
I looted Staff of Jordan off of one of the Booty Bay pirates.

Must have felt so good!
11/09/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Fallanaa
I don't remember my first one.

My most memorable one however, was Will of Arlokk from ZG. I'd been saving all my DKP for it and almost lost it when it drooped for the first time, on our first kill.

It was glorious.
Took 8 months for our first Staff of the Shadow Flame to drop from Nefarian. Saved up all my points for it. Missed one raid in that entire 8 months and my guildies were acting like it dropped.
First drop was Baron’s Mount on my Pally. First gear was a crafted gun (Core Marksman rifle). First gear drop was Tier 1 from MC, can’t remember which piece, my guild dumped like 4 pieces on me that night.
Man it was that two handed sword from Zul'Farrak that you get from combining the two 1 handers but I cant remember the name of it...
Band of Servitude in ZG.
I don't remember the item but it was something that gave me +3 hp per 5 seconds and no other stats.... that didn't sound epic at all... it wasn't going to turn the tide of any of my battles lol, I'd rather have strength and stamina.
Mark of the Dragon Lord. Cool, but pretty useless as its on-use effect was lost if I took damage, and it had a 30m cooldown. ;P
I dont think i had any until TBC.
But i have always had terrible luck with rolls.
My first epic was a Nightblade that I sniped from the neutral AH for 10 silver. I didn't know that it was probably an intentional trade set up between factions. Kinda crappy sword, but after selling that sucker I had enough for the rest of my level 40 mount.

My first honest epic was Don Julio's ring from Alterac Valley rep. Got the ram mount at the same time. I was high on the hog that day, let me tell you.
Krol Blade. Dropped while farming Runecloth out in EPL. Sold it and got my epic Undead Horse riding skill :)
Seal of the Archmagus, off Baron Geddon first kill.

Spent a very minor amount of DKP for it, too.
I wouldn't have gotten an epic until BC (given I only started in June 2006 and rerolled a couple times before settling on this gal to level in September). The whole video about Jimmy the Mage was when I learned about epics being easier to get than in vanilla.