Your first Epic in Vanilla?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Taran Icebreaker baby.
2h sword Destiny .. I main'd a ret pally at the time. oh how excited i was.
Bow of Searing Arrows

I remember this dropping while questing in Feralas on my rogue. I used this in the ranged slot for the rogue for a long time.
11/09/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Instagrits
Taran Icebreaker baby.

This was mine as well. I was trying to remember the name, but couldn't. I remembered it was something to do with cold or ice. Dropped off a random mob in Winterspring, if I remember correctly. Wasn't useful for me, and I don't remember it selling for whole lot .
either the lawbringer helmet or the quel'sar lol
Either Belt of Might or Drillborer's Disk. Not exactly sure which came first.
boots of might after 5 weeks of raiding HYPE
A world drop in STV. I lost the roll in my party for it. If I remember right, it was a staff so I'm almost positive it was the SoJ.
I’ll never forget it. I had just gotten my first character ever, a Troll Mage to level 58 and somehow managed to get into a Strat zerg. Having never done a high level dungeon before, it was a somewhat confusing experience.

Anyway, we stomped through the instance, and I probably didn’t contribute that much due to my low level.

Finally we get to Baron Rivendare and down him. And he drops his !@#$%^- epic mount. Part chat explodes and everybody rolls need. I save my roll until the end as I feel uncertain if I should roll. I was basically being carried and felt it was unfair if I won it. I had no idea even exactly how rare it was.

I then notice they are spamming for me to do my roll so they can see who win. The highest roll so far was 96. And I roll 98!

So there I am, not even 60 and already have my epic mount. And what a mount.

Nah, just kidding. My first epic was Stockade Pauldrons and I sold it on the AH. And everybody thought it was terrible back then, so I only got 20g for it. I’ve never actually seen the mount drop.
Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom was my first epic of all time. Next was the combo of the Unstoppable Force and the Stormpike epic trinket.
Magma Tempered Boots, first raid too
Flurry Axe, killing mobs in Tanaris

https://www.wowhead.com/item=871/flurry-axe

I was like 8}
Probably my mount.
I joined a guild that was up to Ragnaros in MC and all the rogues were geared or just saving dkp for Perditions blade, so 3 pieces of Nightslayer dropped and I got all 3 of them.

I don't even remember which 3 pieces, it was definitely the shoulders though they were so big and goofy looking it was great!
Gutripper. Dropped off one of those Giants in the ocean in Feralas. I was uber excited.
Lifestone from one of the temporal parasites in WPL. I was so excited I equipped it lol
11/09/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Faceroll
I’ll never forget it. I had just gotten my first character ever, a Troll Mage to level 58 and somehow managed to get into a Strat zerg. Having never done a high level dungeon before, it was a somewhat confusing experience.

Anyway, we stomped through the instance, and I probably didn’t contribute that much due to my low level.

Finally we get to Baron Rivendare and down him. And he drops his !@#$%^- epic mount. Part chat explodes and everybody rolls need. I save my roll until the end as I feel uncertain if I should roll. I was basically being carried and felt it was unfair if I won it. I had no idea even exactly how rare it was.

I then notice they are spamming for me to do my roll so they can see who win. The highest roll so far was 96. And I roll 98!

So there I am, not even 60 and already have my epic mount. And what a mount.

Nah, just kidding. My first epic was Stockade Pauldrons and I sold it on the AH. And everybody thought it was terrible back then, so I only got 20g for it. I’ve never actually seen the mount drop.

Haha bamboozled us!

20g for Stockade Pauldrons ouch!
Sul'Thraze the Lasher.
Hammer of the Northern Wind off the trolls in front of Zul’Farrak. I think that’s what it was called at least. The dungeon in Tanaris.
Boots of avoidance