Your first Epic in Vanilla?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Soulforge gauntlets, followed shortly by TUF. I felt so awesome. :D
Got the Bow of Searing Arrows, low level random epic drop.
It was some random ring world drop I got in Tanaris I think. I don't recall the name of it. I remember that a Krol Blade (another world drop) was my second though. Didn't start raiding until Burning Crusade, so the first purple I ever got and equipped was likely something from Karazhan.
The Lobotomizer -- I remember grinding my butt off for that AV rep.
My first epic dropped from the pirates right outside of booty bay. On my alt i leveled 4 levels right there trying to get another epic lol!
The first epic I found was Hurricane. I gave it away to the first hunter in my guild who reached a high enough level to equip it.

(I was about 5 levels ahead of the pack, and no hunter in my guild - very few on the server - were high enough level to equip it at the time. It took, if I recall correctly, about a week and a half for a hunter to win the race and get the Hurricane.)

I don't actually remember what the first epic I got for myself was. I think it was Earthshaker off Magmadar, but I'm not entirely sure.
Dazzling Longsword
Destiny my warlock friend got it and mailed it to me. Was excited took it got it enchanted with crusader and started grinding with it as soon as i could equip it
11/09/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Spy
Same, got it on a level 40 priest. Was epically anticlimactic. The gold was nice though.
My paladin's epic mount, does that count? : /

If not it was probably a quest reward, or one you can buy. I remember it wasn't a drop.
11/09/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Ristra
11/09/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Spy
Same, got it on a level 40 priest. Was epically anticlimactic. The gold was nice though.

I'm pretty sure I still have it. I sent it to a hunter alt that never even made it 60. Pretty sure he still has it equipped.
I forget exactly. I think my first epic was a level 47 caster staff that I looted from my mailbox after visiting the auction house.

The first epic I got that I felt really proud of was Azuresong Mageblade from Molten Core.
Helm of Narv.
Nightslayer shoulders. This character was once known as Haakon (on Malygos) and I quickly got the nickname from my guildmates, "H-cups".
Krol Blade
Lawbringer gloves for me, got into a raiding guild pretty easily since I played early on in the game’s history
Freezing band on my hunter because I was a piece of human garbage. Hunter item btw.
I paid 100g for bloodrazor at level 38; I couldn’t use it for a few levels lol!
Kang from AH.
Pretty sure mine was earthfury belt... maybe the gloves. Is classic out yet btw?