The Current State of Inscription

Professions
Has there been any information on any work being done to inscription. I as many are sitting on bundles of inks without a recipe worth crafting for some time now. My ultramarines out number my crimsons significantly and always will until new recipes that utilize them or an ink trader is available. I have been holding on to the profession since August with out being able to craft anything meaningful and it's becoming old carrying a bunch of inks that carry now value. I feel they really dropped the ball here.
Although I agree that Inscription could really use some ease-of-crafting improvements, I have to disagree that there are no recipes worth crafting. My scribe (on another server) makes 10,000 gold a day from the existing 100 or so glyph recipes. The prices on your server — Thrall — are much higher than those on my scribe’s server. Just check out the glyph prices on Thrall at The Undermine Journal.
Kailak, do you craft BFA glyphs or older ones?
I have had a bad time with inscription so far. I imagine glyphs could be a really good source of income it’s just that there’s so many it’s hard to know which to make. So it could be a while before you figure out what’s pooulatar on your server.

The reputation contracts are an epic failure. They only reward 10 rep per WQ. No one wants to pay anything significant for that “buff” and also they last an entire week so you don’t need to ever buy a lot ...

It think it’d be better for these to have a hard limit of quests and maybe give 25 rep instead.
Inscription is a joke. Blizz could not bring themselves to delete the profession. So they watered it down to nothing useful. When Blizz does finally give you back the same things they took away and rebrand it as new and exciting they will change the inks needed so you can't use your stockpile. Just like pvp tokens would change overnight and boom the 100 tokens are now only 10.
Inscription is fine. BfA Inscription is a joke however.
11/11/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Leesaa
Kailak, do you craft BFA glyphs or older ones?

I make all the available glyphs except for four that are difficult to obtain. The vast majority of glyphs in the game are pre-BFA. It’s almost like Blizz forgot to implement this profession for BFA. But many of the old glyphs still sell well, at prices ranging from 500-2,500 gold. Add to that card decks, war-scrolls, some contracts and Vantus runes, and Inscription is a dependable — if time-consuming — profession. Now if Blizz would update the ink traders and create more than two new glyphs for this expansion, things would be great.
I have had a bad time with inscription so far. I imagine glyphs could be a really good source of income it’s just that there’s so many it’s hard to know which to make. So it could be a while before you figure out what’s popular on your server.

There are about 100 active glyphs in the game. Go to theunderminejournal.com web site to learn which ones sell for the most on your server. Then, if you have not already done so, get the TradeSkillMaster add-on and set it so that you only craft glyphs that can net a satisfactory profit (I have mine set for at least 100 gold). This will limit you to the roughly 30 or 40 glyphs that profitably make you the most gold.