The Alliance is Awesome

War Mode and World PvP
Hello Folks!

Seriously I don't understand why people are so upset over WPVP as an Alliance character.

WPVP means unfair fights, that's just a given. Try farming the horde's boat in Zuldazar for a few hours with a 15 man and it's a blast. Most of the people on warmode in the Horde seem to be rotten brussel sprouts quality when it comes to PVP. I suspect many hordies have heard that the 10% bonus was because of "hordemode" and free stuff for the horde....

What a great Alliance member who must have came up with that gimmick. "The horde are getting a free 10% boost because no Alliance on warmode!!!!" I love it! Smashing horde nonstop is the best part of this game IMO. In warmode I have the most fun out of all our group activities, and we got all our achieves and love helping folks get Horde Slayer.

The reason why people are having a bad time on Warmode? Just do yourself a favor and spend some of that gold on gliders, potions, buff stuff, lighsteps ect. so that way you have some tricks up your sleeve. I feel the people not having fun are simply unprepared. Also find a good group to gank with! Don't wanna get caught with your drawers down in warmode!

Long story short: make sure when you enable warmode, especially as Alliance.... that you are prepared for an unfair fight at all times.

Toodles!
Tips for Alliance on warmode:

Before entering the fray, be sure to have grilled yourself a nice fine steak and/or burger. That way when you get ganked instead of slamming your fists in rage and breaking your keyboard: you can enjoy a nice succulent cut of meat before you rez!
11/12/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Deerburgers
be sure to have grilled yourself a nice fine steak and/or burger.

I guess you're offering yourself up as the sacrificial deermoosecow steak/burger?
11/12/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Zenretsu
11/12/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Deerburgers
be sure to have grilled yourself a nice fine steak and/or burger.

I guess you're offering yourself up as the sacrificial deermoosecow steak/burger?

Negative. I plan on twinking. You have to EARN your Deerburgers sir...
11/12/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Deerburgers

Maybe I'll make one myself and see you on that twinkly field of battle. Best of luck to you.
11/12/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Zenretsu
11/12/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Deerburgers

Maybe I'll make one myself and see you on that twinkly field of battle. Best of luck to you.

sounds like a plan! although I do want to say I havent decided on a lvl bracket yet, and I imagine it will be post 20-29 because of the lack of tools lower lvls have. Probly shoot for 49 or 59
11/12/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Cornstalker
Hello Folks!

Seriously I don't understand why people are so upset over WPVP as an Alliance character.

Two reasons.

1. Some aren't willing to turn off war mode when questing like you are.

2. Some are PVE raiders, and don't like falling behind the Horde PVE raiders because of the Horde's nearly free 10% bonus.
Alphon here.

Yes, War Mode on Alliance is pretty unfair, but it's fun. When I see threads of 40+ Alliance members going out anywhere, it really makes me think why do they need that many people when there's capable Alliance members out here who can 4v2 just fine.

This weekend, I was able to log in and play, and decided I'd do a bit of WPvP on this character. Traveled with a Destruction Warlock and a Subtlety Rogue. We went to Gromgol Base Camp and started to kill the NPCs there. I didn't kill lowbies, but my Warlock friend on the other hand... He was having a blast doing so. Eventually, we had 5 Horde try to come kill us. A Frost mage, an Affliction warlock, an Arms warrior, an Assassination rogue, and a Retribution Paladin. That was real WPvP. Even though we were outnumbered, we still won. We fought outside the camp to avoid the elite goblin guards, and fought on the shoreline close to the water. It was a cycle of them trying to kill me and them dying, to resurrecting at different times from one another and being picked off. They ended up bringing a total of 9 people for us, with 2 healers and 2 more DPS, to which we were only able to kill 2-3 of them before dying thanks to being outnumbered so much.

We resurrected, took the zeppelin to Orgrimmar, and started killing people near the zeppelin tower. I'd heal close to the back near the cliff, and anyone to come near me, (which surprisingly, there were lots of Blood Death knights for some reason, all of which focused me) would get pushed off the cliff and fall to their deaths.

Granted, this character isn't as strong as my main and I haven't been on alot to try to obtain gear, but it was still fun.
11/12/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Yarrow
Some are PVE raiders, and don't like falling behind the Horde PVE raiders because of the Horde's nearly free 10% bonus.

As a PVE raider myself I have yet to hear one of my fellow raiders complain about the 10% bonus as many of the ones I raid with don't care for PVP. We simply outgear everything the WQs themselves have to offer.
11/12/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Nohpla
When I see threads of 40+ Alliance members going out anywhere, it really makes me think why do they need that many people when there's capable Alliance members out here who can 4v2 just fine.

Exactly. I usually end up with a 15+ group towards the end of the night but we always just start with 3-5. 5v5 WPVP and similar scenarios are my favorite, as the raid groups get messy. It's really funny when you are outnumbered but still win anyway lol.
11/12/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Nohpla
When I see threads of 40+ Alliance members going out anywhere, it really makes me think why do they need that many people when there's capable Alliance members out here who can 4v2 just fine.
so what you're saying is if you want to do Warmode as Alliance you have to put in more effort as Horde is the faction of zerglings and will fight with greater numbers? I suppose that is the expected when it's in the faction name
Last night I joined a 5man to do the weekly quest, another 5man group happened to be at the same spot looking for people.

We were a lfg random filled group.

Due to disc we farmed over 50 different people, in the end after an hour and a crate later a 30+ raid appeared and wiped us.

All in all was fun, sad that the other team had to bring a raid group against a small 5 man.
warmode is fine when you are looking for a fight, which is what you are describing.

When you are looking to complete WQs and what-have-you, Warmode is much more frustrating for alliance. To get anything done in a reasonable amount of time, you have to turn it off. Horde doesnt ever have to turn warmode off, or if they do, it is such a rare occurrence that it isnt really worth mentioning.

Personally, I just want them to add repeatable quests for getting CP/Honor from world PVP. Treat it like it is just as viable a way to advance your character as BGs and Arenas, and reward it similarly. If I could do nothing but world PVP, and be advancing my character, then I wouldnt care about how much longer it took to do WQs and such, because world PVP would be profitable too.
11/12/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Donk
warmode is fine when you are looking for a fight, which is what you are describing.

When you are looking to complete WQs and what-have-you, Warmode is much more frustrating for alliance. To get anything done in a reasonable amount of time, you have to turn it off. Horde doesnt ever have to turn warmode off, or if they do, it is such a rare occurrence that it isnt really worth mentioning.

This is true on Normal shards.

On RP shards, the war mode population isn't too badly balanced, so doing world quests in war mode is fine. I can't imagine how mind numbingly boring world quests are with war mode off - I could never do that.

Personally, I just want them to add repeatable quests for getting CP/Honor from world PVP. Treat it like it is just as viable a way to advance your character as BGs and Arenas, and reward it similarly. If I could do nothing but world PVP, and be advancing my character, then I wouldnt care about how much longer it took to do WQs and such, because world PVP would be profitable too.

If they do this, they need to do it for the war mode minority faction only, or it will just exacerbate any war mode imbalance.

Edit: if you do world quests in war mode, you are advancing your character through world PVP. I grant you need a 5 man group to do so on Normal shards.
11/12/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Yarrow
I can't imagine how mind numbingly boring world quests are with war mode off - I could never do that.

You have a point. Just today I ganked someone and stole their WQ boss and it felt awesome. JUST FOR YOU Yarrow I will keep WM on this character for sure.
11/13/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Cornstalker
11/12/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Yarrow
I can't imagine how mind numbingly boring world quests are with war mode off - I could never do that.

You have a point. Just today I ganked someone and stole their WQ boss and it felt awesome. JUST FOR YOU Yarrow I will keep WM on this character for sure.

My hero!

Also, your 10% bonus has already gotten you into Mythic! That's great!
11/13/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Yarrow

Also, your 10% bonus has already gotten you into Mythic! That's great!

I even had it on during our first night doing Mythic and my RL got super annoyed because I couldn't help summon people :)
It’s really fun when the horde you farm make threads gloating about victory when it was a resounding defeat.
The problem isn't warmode or world pvp or being ganked. As someone said the game would be boring without that thrill of danger and some of us actually enjoy playing the underdog/defender.

When it gets to the point where you cannot do things or even form a group to do those things it becomes more of a liability than how it can be fun as above.

It's also interesting / amusing to see that a lot of horde have a very different perspective on it depending on the situation. I have been ganked 8v1 then found one of the !@#$% questing alone. Let me say that not only do they lose they seem to want no part of any "real'" pvp :)