Dungeons and Raids should be Guild only

General Discussion
11/12/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Sherimoon
imagine if all dungeons and raids could only be run by groups from the same guild.

Imagine a single day in here where this troll topic DIDNT come up to stir up trouble.
11/12/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Magduh
11/12/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Sherimoon
i dont raid and really dont care to because everytime i do its with a bunch of elitist jerks.

im still able to enjoy this game through solo play. Ive been doing it this way for years. the toxic community is too much for me at times.

Why the hell would you start a thread about something you don't care about or participate in?
attention.
Clearly it works.
We all fell for it.
dont quit your day jobs guys, predicting things arent your thing.

not trolling
not looking for attention

nothing more than asking a question

but again, forgetting where i was and who i was asking. kinda proving my point at the same time tho, thanks.
11/12/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Sherimoon

Why the hell would you start a thread about something you don't care about or participate in?

because i want to raid again, but i am not looking forward to the toxicity thats going to come with it. i had an idea, so i brought it to the forums.

You're a bad liar and you have equally bad ideas.

because i want to raid again, but i am not looking forward to the toxicity thats going to come with it. i had an idea, so i brought it to the forums.

If you've ever raided you'd know how hard it is to keep a solid guild raid group up, and you wouldn't suggest something like you did in the op. All people would do is invite the pug to guild and then remove them after the dungeon was run or raid finished.
11/12/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Magduh

You're a bad liar and you have equally bad ideas.

i dont lie
and you should read more on topics you wish to participate in
brilliant observations. i dont raid and really dont care to because everytime i do its with a bunch of elitist jerks.

im still able to enjoy this game through solo play. Ive been doing it this way for years. the toxic community is too much for me at times.

everytime i think about raiding again im reminded why i stopped.

just thinking out loud is all, and no i dont think it would kill the game. Nothing else you all claim to be wow killers have panned out, why would this idea?

So wait. I'm confused. You stopped raiding because you kept running into groups full of elitist jerks, but you want to go back to raiding even though you don't think anything has changed?

And you think guild-only groups would be a good answer to that problem?

That's... adorably naïve. My experience is that more often than not, guild teams are just as elitist as pugs, and usually moreso.

That's not to say that there aren't good guild teams out there, I'm on a couple of decent ones right now, but I've been on plenty of guild teams that were toxic and/or elitist (most of which didn't last more than two raid tiers) in the past. Even good guild teams tend to be rather exclusive, preferring to not even bring a guildie if they haven't raided before.

Basically, restricting raiding to guild-only teams wouldn't solve anything, and would really only discourage more casual players who want to try raiding from doing so.
imagine if all dungeons and raids could only be run by groups from the same guild.

It seems like good concept on paper, but let's be honest, if that change was made tomorrow, the forums will be a different place than it is. Well actually it is going to change tomorrow no matter what lol.
11/12/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Kéres
brilliant observations. i dont raid and really dont care to because everytime i do its with a bunch of elitist jerks.

everytime i think about raiding again im reminded why i stopped.

just thinking out loud is all, and no i dont think it would kill the game. Nothing else you all claim to be wow killers have panned out, why would this idea?

So wait. I'm confused. You stopped raiding because you kept running into groups full of elitist jerks, but you want to go back to raiding even though you don't think anything has changed?

And you think guild-only groups would be a good answer to that problem?

That's... adorably naïve. My experience is that more often than not, guild teams are just as elitist as pugs, and usually moreso.

That's not to say that there aren't good guild teams out there, I'm on a couple of decent ones right now, but I've been on plenty of guild teams that were toxic and/or elitist (most of which didn't last more than two raid tiers) in the past. Even good guild teams tend to be rather exclusive, preferring to not even bring a guildie if they haven't raided before.

Basically, restricting raiding to guild-only teams wouldn't solve anything, and would really only discourage more casual players who want to try raiding from doing so.

I do understand why you're confused, its in the air these days, but nothing about what i said is either adorable or naïve. You just have bad luck in some of your guilds. all the "guild only" runs ive been in over the years were my funnest times in wow. but you know, life goes on and people move on. The point in me starting this thread was my wanting to get back into it and missing the guild runs, so i came up with an idea.

less confused now? or no?
Seems like you'd want to do a run with guild candidates -before- inviting them to the guild, but what do I know. I'm not a guild surgeon.
Another suggestion which is already available to any player who wants it. And while I'm not sure how many are 100% hardcore about it, I bet there are plenty who have a strong preference for and in fact really do end up doing most of their runs with their guild, friends list, or other connections.
Ah you mean like the D2 approach? No fireteam, no strikes for you?

Yeah, no. Let's not go that way, it is silly.

That's just stupid
"I want to raid with my guild again.... Maybe pugging should be banned"

Not sure how you got to that thought but your reasoning is awful. If you truly think that you will omly ever find elitist pricks when you raid, then you are part of the problem. Not everyone in the world is a %**%@%@@, and not everyone who does group content is a %**%@%@@.

Generally it is a small minority who are simply more vocal. But if you want to run away from doing content because of a few, then thats totally up to you.

You are being a bit naive, and saying it isnt true doesnt actually negate that.
That would make this game more like swtor for me. I'd just play the story and quit

Even though swtor has dungeons and raid for everybody the crash grab hand is too much to handle

11/12/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Panoptes
Ah you mean like the D2 approach? No fireteam, no strikes for you?

Yeah, no. Let's not go that way, it is silly.

Yup not one lfg in game, heck there is no chat channel ingame. Those nigthfalls and raids are pretty easy. Heck i soloed some of the nightfall missions but it would be much faster /easier with a group.

MAYBE there could be additional perks for doing it as a guild. But NEVER guild exclusive. No dungeons/raids back in vanilla were guild exclusive and we got along just fine. But often the harder content required high level organization so people joined guilds anyways.

Your guild can decide to do this already. It doesn't have to be forced on the entire player base.
11/12/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Stabalicious

MAYBE there could be additional perks for doing it as a guild. But NEVER guild exclusive. No dungeons/raids back in vanilla were guild exclusive and we got along just fine. But often the harder content required high level organization so people joined guilds anyways.

There are additional perks for all guild groups. They make an amount of gold that is deposited in the guild bank for successful runs.
What a wierd thing to ask for because of griefing... to remove it all.

Why wouldn't you instead ask for a larger ignore list?

Actually its quite clear you are just one of the grief players that would rather the game be ruined than actually follow rules and abide by them. Someone get silenced recently perhaps?

Just like a victim should change his/her path of travel because it is their fault they get robbed by walking down that street.... youre idea is pretty much the same kind of thought process in action.
This is like saying only people that are in a baseball team can watch baseball.

Is this a serious post or just a troll post? It would never happen so why bother?
11/12/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Manngina

I imagine that you wouldn't be playing WoW at all, because it would have been shut down.

^ This. I play to raid, and have lived the pug life since WoD when my long-term guild/group of friends quit(couldn't keep 20 people for Mythic, we were 10 man heroic raiders). Anyways, now *I* raid with LFG/pugs because I can raid when I find time, if the group is failing I can leave etc. etc.

I wouldn't go back to guild raiding, I'd just quit the game forever if they made those bad decisions of forcing people to be in guilds