Dog passed away today.

General Discussion
We had to put him down after 15 years today, he was weak and in a lot of pain and we knew it was time for him. We spent his last few moments in the room with him. And although it hurts a lot right now he will be dearly missed and one of the best friends I've ever had.
RIP.
I "like" this post as a sign of respect and mourning. R.I.P puppy.
Sorry dude. I feel guilty Everytime my dog follows me to the fridge and I drop bacon for him. I'm like well, there's 10 minutes less dog.
He's waiting for you on the other side of the rainbow bridge.
I am so sorry.

We lost our GSD to uncontrollable epilepsy. I miss him every day. Dogs really are family.
Sucks man. I remember the first time I ever saw my dad cry was when he had to put his dog down. I know I’ll bawl if/when the day comes for me. Hopefully you and they had an amazing time together and I hope you find some peace through your pain
mojo, my friend.

I went through this 3 years ago. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do.

Take heart in the fact that you know you did the right thing.
Sorry for your loss OP. I have been down this road many times in my life. (hug)
thanks for posting this is in the WoW GD forums
RIP Stan Lee!
I feel sorry for you, man.

First Stan Lee, then your dog =/ (I'm not being facetious when I say that.)

I got mine when I was 10, then he lived until I was 24. He was the only dog I ever had, with me being 52 now; I still remember him like it was yesterday.

I read that 14 was the average "long" lifespan of a dog, so he had a full life at 15.

I feel for you, since we did not have to put mine down. He had a stroke, then was kind of walking sideways. The vet had him on steroids, but it was like the dog knew it was time. Every day, he'd just want outside to the backyard where he'd go lie under the same hedge. After about three days of this, he died under that hedge.

11/12/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Cootmanzada

Hey, take it easy. They are over in about 10 minutes anyway.
I'm so sorry. I lost my cat of ten years a few months ago. It hurts every day but you will always have the good memories of your dog. (hug)
:(
Sorry to hear that OP. It's been years since i had to make that decision. I still miss my good boy terribly. :(
11/12/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Cootmanzada

If this is supposed to be some sort of jab at OP, shame on you. Take a long look in the mirror. OP turned to their community to pass this information on knowing that the vast majority of us understand. OP is most likely hurting. And we are here for them. You should be also.
Sorry yo, it's always rough losing pets (aka family).

It sounds like you really loved him though, and I'm sure he took some comfort from knowing that you were there with him at the end.
One dog I had my wife put her down while I was out of town. It was like that scene in Goodfellas when Robert De Niro calls to find out if Joe Pecsi is a made man?
"How's Dakota doing?"
"She's gone."
"What do you mean she's gone, like gone gone?"
"She's gone. And there's nothing we could do about it."

My wife whacked my dog.
I want to thank everyone who posted and interacted so far for being so caring and understanding as a community.
It means a lot to me to know you're not alone when you're hurting over something. And I hope that all those who have shared stories of their own pets who they've had to let go are recovering well and that their animal friends rest in peace.
11/12/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Liangpi
We had to put him down after 15 years today, he was weak and in a lot of pain and we knew it was time for him. We spent his last few moments in the room with him. And although it hurts a lot right now he will be dearly missed and one of the best friends I've ever had.
RIP.

I'm so sorry for your loss :( I've had to put down 5 dogs in my lifetime and each one is heart breaking. I still cry about my last two furry babies, and that was 4 years ago. They were all like family to us.
11/12/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Shadowfist
I "like" this post as a sign of respect and mourning. RIP puppy.