Dog passed away today.

General Discussion
Very sorry for your loss, OP. It's never easy to say goodbye to a dear friend, even when you know it's best.
11/12/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Liangpi
We had to put him down after 15 years today, he was weak and in a lot of pain and we knew it was time for him. We spent his last few moments in the room with him. And although it hurts a lot right now he will be dearly missed and one of the best friends I've ever had.
RIP.

Sorry for your loss. I went with my mom to put down the family dog(American Eskimo) Oct 2017, she was 14 and had Cushing's disease. Lost a lot of muscle and such, she couldn't do stairs anymore(and we have stairs leading to the backyard) and would just sleep all the time, and lost a lot of weight so we knew it was time.

Not that you can replace a lost dog, but I got a Siberian Husky puppy in December 2017, and honestly new puppies keep you busy. She's a year old now, but still pretty needy. So when you've healed, don't be afraid to get yourself another dog because having a dog makes a house feel complete <3
I guess it's only a matter of time until we start to "put down" humans too.
I'm so sorry, OP. Many /hugs your way. ♥
My heart to you OP.
Very bad thing to lose a pet. Sorry for your loss.
We had to put him down after 15 years today, he was weak and in a lot of pain and we knew it was time for him. We spent his last few moments in the room with him. And although it hurts a lot right now he will be dearly missed and one of the best friends I've ever had.
RIP.
All dogs go to heaven, so know your best friend will always be looking out for you. I love my dog so much and he is 14 years old now so I am doing my best to give him all the love and care he deserves for loving me unconditionally all of these years. He forgets who I am from time to time so I have to pick him up and hug him so he'll remember me. It's hard but it's life you just have to honor the dog that has given you his whole life of love.
RIP.
I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost my cat, my little buddy for 16 years a few months ago, and it was the same by the end she was very weak and I was doing all I could to keep her comfortable and happy, but the last day she went from weak to needing us to help her through to the end so she didn't suffer. The last moments with her at the vet were heart wrenching, so I very much sympathize. Just keep you puppies memory close to your heart.
As a dog lover, I'm sorry for your loss.
Dear Liangpi,

While I may just be a stranger on the net let me say you have my deepest condolences, I had to put down my German Shepard a few years back he was about the same age and had him since he was a puppy, it was the hardest thing in the world as he was in pain cause he had a problem with his hips.

Some people, friends and even relatives might not understand why it hit us so hard, but in my household our animals are like family, so I felt like I lost my brother and honestly even tearing up a little writing this post. I do miss my dog so soo much, I’d give anything to get him back.

It’s going to be a hard couple months but things will get better, remember the good times, laugh at the bad times, while it looks like things might not get better but they will.

I know I’m just a stranger, but I really hope you get through this, remember you have family to support you through this tough time.

“There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.”

Pets bring such joy and love to people and families.

Sorry for long post,
Pepino
11/12/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Spinster
I am so sorry.

We lost our GSD to uncontrollable epilepsy. I miss him every day. Dogs really are family.

Pets are...regardless of what type of animal it is.

I'm sorry, OP...losing family is a sucky thing....Your puppy is waiting for you....and will, until it's your time.
Sorry for your loss. I’d honestly rather lose an arm, than my dog. RIP
Over time, may the memories you have bring you comfort. I'm sorry for your loss.
11/12/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Valora
Sorry dude. I feel guilty Everytime my dog follows me to the fridge and I drop bacon for him. I'm like well, there's 10 minutes less dog.

Actually, dog life spans are much shorter than humans, so many of the issues we have with fat and plaque build up in our arteries, never end up affecting animals before they reach the end of their natural lives.
RIP.

I do not envy you today. My dog is my preferred friend to all humans I have met with the exception of my wife and children. I love that dog. Take it easy, OP!
So sorry to see this. I had to put my cat to sleep last year, so I know what you're feeling right now.

My prayers go out to you and your family.
I feel you. Last year's black friday we had to put down my 18 year old cat that I've lived with most of my life. Poor old girl was having too many health problems. It was one of the lowest points of my life with other sh*t events going on.

My family's bringing home a new kitten within the next month to start a new period and to help me move on. I plan to spoil her.
He is up on that farm in the sky playing with all the goodest boys.