Dog passed away today.

General Discussion
Sorry to hear about your dog friend :( My dog is getting super old too and he has been through some stuff with me. I dread the day.
I know its late just got home from work but I am sorry about your dog I know day my dog dies I will be very very upset I love my dog And a my first dog died when I was 8 years old... I remeber asking my parents where our dog was. Sherpa was his name.....

I knew back then he was in pain.... I did not think he was dying..... when I found out news was very upset...

But overall lossing a dog is like losing a friend and a family member to some degree it sucks alot.... I wish you good luck for the future and hopefully you get another dog eventually and mabey adopt one from a shelter to save its life .
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that a great deal of love from friends and family helps to ease the pain as it comes and goes.
11/12/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Liangpi
We had to put him down after 15 years today, he was weak and in a lot of pain and we knew it was time for him. We spent his last few moments in the room with him. And although it hurts a lot right now he will be dearly missed and one of the best friends I've ever had.
RIP.

Condolences my brother, may your dog rest in paradise.
I’m so sorry OP. I had to put my buddy down almost two months ago now. She was almost 16. Cancer took over her entire body so quickly by the time we found it. I still miss her every day. It’s sad because my shiba still looks for her.... you never really get over losing a pet but it does get a little easier with time. You did the right thing though; now there’s no more pain.
Best wishes, OP. It takes a lot of strength to do the right thing for your dog. Treasure those memories.
Sorry to hear that. We lost our 10 year old baby early last year and it's destroyed me.

Not a day goes by where I don't think about him. It's been hard to go on and I try but there's just a giant piece of me gone that will never be filled.
All old dogs have earned their rest. Trust me, at the point he was probably at what you had done was the greatest gift you could have given him.

Someday I'll get my rest. Gods know I will have earned it.
11/12/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Valora
One dog I had my wife put her down while I was out of town. It was like that scene in Goodfellas when Robert De Niro calls to find out if Joe Pecsi is a made man?
"How's Dakota doing?"
"She's gone."
"What do you mean she's gone, like gone gone?"
"She's gone. And there's nothing we could do about it."

My wife whacked my dog.

A Marine buddy's wife did something similar.

He was deployed to Iraq during the worst of the fighting (hell if I can remember what year that was). She sold all of his stuff & put his dog down. Then kept collecting his paychecks.

Some people are shady AF, man.
My condolences for your loss,dogs are family.
Damn, this just made me think about watching my 14 yr. old rottweiler take his last breath and his head falling back. I had just woke up, and it was almost like he was waiting on me.

My condolences
11/12/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Shadowfist
I "like" this post as a sign of respect and mourning. RIP puppy.

https://i.redd.it/3ttko3ylnvc01.jpg
I am also sorry to hear of the loss of your furry family member. May you one day find a dog who is better than your last.
11/12/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Liangpi
We had to put him down after 15 years today, he was weak and in a lot of pain and we knew it was time for him. We spent his last few moments in the room with him. And although it hurts a lot right now he will be dearly missed and one of the best friends I've ever had.
RIP.

Sorry to hear about this. Always tough to lose a family member.

Godspeed.
15 years is a long reign for a dog. Rip.
That’s tough & Im truly sorry.

While I’m not in the same boat, the ship I’m in, is sailing into that exact harbor. My old girl just had to have a quality of life check and I couldn’t stop crying while talking with the vet.

Here’s to you, your pup and all those memories you’ve shared.

My condolences
Condolences to OP, what you are going through is rough. I experienced a similar situation, years ago. You don't realize how close you get to your favorite dog until you go through something like this, very painful.

I tried to get another puppy of the same breed, thinking I needed to fill the void. That was a big mistake. The new puppy was nothing like my original (favorite) doggy. I was able to get the breeder to take the puppy back and find it another home, I even told them to keep the money, just find him a new(er) home with someone who will love him and give him a hopefully long and happy life.

I made the conscious decision to not get another puppy, which may deprive me from finding another "favorite", it was just too painful to go through that again.

That being said, Worgens still suck.
I am sorry that you had to make that decision but I'm glad you loved him enough to have mercy.

Peace and comfort to you and yours.
I'm sorry for your loss. I had to put my cat of 11 years down a week ago. People often forget how closely we bond to our animal companions. In many ways, they become members of our family, and we are closer with them then we are with most friends.

This will be a tough time for you, but I hope you see it through and can eventually remember your time with your friend as something which brings a smile to your face rather than a tear to your eye. So long as you hold his memory with you, he is never truly gone.

My condolences.
and they wonder why we want to name and feed our pets in the game.
we love our critters.
he's/she's not gone.
just taking a vacation.
logged out at the inn.