Macro Spam For Loot Drops

General Discussion
I just got a ring from MOTHER on LFR and the instant I picked it up I got a message saying "(linked item) do you need that? If not I could I have it?"

I have seen this kind of macro numerous times now.

Is that really how far people have stooped? To insta-spam macros to beg for loot?

I will not ever give you the loot if you use a macro to send me a message begging for the loot before I have even had a chance to check to see if its an upgrade.
I'm fairly sure that's part of the Personal Loot Helper addon.

There's a whole hidden system of trade rolls and such going on for those who have the addon, but those who do not have it as well just see quick whispers from those who do.

It might even be worth picking up the addon just to hit the 'keeping it!' button.
Or maybe just move whispers to a different window and ignore that during a LFR run.
I don't loot things in LFR anymore. If I win an item, I will see it in my mailbox. Not interested in getting badgered for my loot when I need expulsom.
These people should be perma banned.
Welcome to forced personal loot. Bet you regret forcing that fate upon even organized raiding now, huh?
11/12/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Chaosnachos
I don't loot things in LFR anymore. If I win an item, I will see it in my mailbox. Not interested in getting badgered for my loot when I need expulsom.
QFT. Also disenchanting.
11/12/2018 11:42 PMPosted by Dreadfury
Welcome to forced personal loot. Bet you regret forcing that fate upon even organized raiding now, huh?
1) We're talking about LFR. It has been personal loot raiding since the Macarena was a thing. No one ever used ML in LFR. 2) People blaming Blizzard for their own poor behavior is just a cheap cop-out. PL didn't make you into a d-bag loot beggar.
Got a ring and de'd it in LFR. Then got a whisper asking for it. Told them it was de'd so I can level my enchanting and was proceeded to be told that I was the worst kind of person.

/shrugs

Oh well. My loot anyway.

Its been pers loot since Cata in LFR. The loot begging was never this bad though. Used to be if you didnt get loot you dealt with and if you were lucky who ever did get loot and didnt need it would offer it up for a roll.

Now we have people spamming with messages begging for 340 gear. Its 340 gear! I havent played in over a month and in the last two days Ive gone up 5 ilvls just from doing the emissary stuff.

Gearing through LFR is possibly the worst way to go about it imo

And begging for other people loot, that will net you nothing. At least from me.
11/13/2018 12:02 AMPosted by Sinnabun
Its been pers loot since Cata in LFR.

Actually, that's completely incorrect. LFR Dragon Soul had Need Before Greed for sure and I'm pretty sure that carried over into MoP too, although I'm not 100% sure on the latter.

Nobody who is reading this in the forums had anything to do with the removal of master loot from guild groups. Even those who were pleased to hear of the decision were surprised it had been made. There were no calls from the casuals you despise for removal of master loot.

The fact that you are portraying master loot as an option up until now in LFR and other queued content makes you sound like someone who hasn't played the game in a decade.

No matter. "Forced personal loot" is the buzz phrase of raiders who are still living in the past and still blaming casuals for the devs' decision to slow down their progression by limiting loot sharing.
This silly begging addon needs to be removed from the game.
11/13/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Dreadfury
11/13/2018 12:02 AMPosted by Sinnabun
Its been pers loot since Cata in LFR.

Actually, that's completely incorrect. LFR Dragon Soul had Need Before Greed for sure and I'm pretty sure that carried over into MoP too, although I'm not 100% sure on the latter.

Really?

I could have sworn DS LFR was personal loot. Guess its been in for so long now Ive mixed it all up in my head.
I ignore them and keep all that drops for me. Their entitlement doesn't even merit a response.
i have a macro for LFR...

/dnd if i dont need it i'll put it to roll... hassle me with whispers and you'll join my ignore list