The new forum system will be great.

General Discussion
11/13/2018 05:19 AMPosted by Mulgrim
11/12/2018 11:44 PMPosted by Soyboy
Finally, toxicity and trolls will be taken to the curb. People are too negative about the game, and Blizzard as a whole. They try their best, they listen to us. These forums will make it so you will have to think before you post, thread quality will go up 200%.

What exactly is the issue with a karma system? Such a system is bound to get rid of problematic gaming behavior & posts, every other well respected community on the internet does it, so Blizzard would be stupid not to follow that pattern.

P.S. You don't need to post 10 times a day, get real

Are you just a subtle troll? This post with this name?

You call this subtle trolling? Lol.

Its about as subtle as getting beaten to death with a brick.
Karma systems turn communities into circle jerks. People rarely use them as a metric for insightful discussion, they just use it as an agree/disagree system. If you have an opinion a majority of people dislike, regardless of how eloquently or politely you express it, you will be mass downvoted. And in the case of reddit that means having to wait extremely long amounts of time between posts in order to maintain the groupthink.

But unless Blizzard starts using the new rules to crack down on dissent (this is nu-Blizz that edited out all negative reaction to Diablo Immortal from replays of Blizzcon so it's up in the air, although the Overwatch forum is almost entirely negative) it's actually going to be the pro-BfA people that see the repercussions from this new system.
Welcome to Fascist leftism . The belief that free speech should be taken away if it offends someone without any understanding of what the Amendment stands for or protects in the first place. I don't understand if people hate this country so much why not go to one that is more fitting for them. But that's the great thing about this country is that we have the right to express discontent or concern if we disagree. Its the Fascist that takes that right away.
People are too negative about the game, and Blizzard as a whole.
Blizzard has reaped what they have sowed. If they cut off "negative" constructive feedback they are stupid. Pretending everything is ok, does not make it ok.
The new forum will not change any non-forum opinions I have.

Finally, toxicity and trolls will be taken to the curb. People are too negative about the game, and Blizzard as a whole. They try their best, they listen to us. These forums will make it so you will have to think before you post, thread quality will go up 200%.

What exactly is the issue with a karma system? Such a system is bound to get rid of problematic gaming behavior & posts, every other well respected community on the internet does it, so Blizzard would be stupid not to follow that pattern.

You posted twelve times on October the 28th. Most of the posts were one-line spam, in my opinion.
11/13/2018 05:38 AMPosted by Bloodpit
Welcome to Fascist leftism . The belief that free speech should be taken away if it offends someone without any understanding of what the Amendment stands for or protects in the first place.
Leftism? I think you are confused.
Get ready boys, the happy police is on it's way, take your blizz mandated happy candy and post happy thoughts.
Welcome to Fascist leftism . The belief that free speech should be taken away if it offends someone without any understanding of what the Amendment stands for or protects in the first place. I don't understand if people hate this country so much why not go to one that is more fitting for them. But that's the great thing about this country is that we have the right to express discontent or concern if we disagree. Its the Fascist that takes that right away.

IRL, dissenting opinions are met with public shaming and sometimes violence by the leftists.
11/12/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Daltorax
You can't change me, baby.

(⌐■_■)

Me neither

(⌐■_■)
so op,

basically you are for corporate censorship?

I mean I get it.. trolls and all.. but... if there's no voice of discourse, then there's no change.

If all you hear is how utterly wonderful things are (and they aren't) then how boring would it be.

It'd be like a tripped out game version of the Stepford Wives.

Creepy .... just sayin.

Freedom of speech is there to protect citizens from the government. It has nothing to do with wow, the forums, or blizzard.

Bad argument is bad.
11/13/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Psycwerd
so op,

basically you are for corporate censorship?

I mean I get it.. trolls and all.. but... if there's no voice of discourse, then there's no change.

If all you hear is how utterly wonderful things are (and they aren't) then how boring would it be.

It'd be like a tripped out game version of the Stepford Wives.

Creepy .... just sayin.

We don't know how Blizz is going to moderate the forum. If you look at the Overwatch forum it's still overwhelmingly critical of the direction of the game and as far as I know there's no heavy handed censorship there.

I do agree that corporate censorship is a huge problem in general though.

I AM MY SCARS!!!

Its ironic that Blizz can be so aware they can create a storyline like the Illidan/Xe'ra scene yet be so oblivious that on the forums they ARE Xe'ra and the posters who have issues ARE Illidan.

I can see Yrel (why did you destroy her Blizz?) sitting as a mod with her Ban Hammer waiting, just waiting for someone to disagree with the Light!
11/13/2018 02:02 AMPosted by Hypheria
I know you're being satirical OP but for those who unironically support banning trolls...how do you know who's trolling?

The only way to know why anyone does anything is to know what their intent is and unless you're psychic you can never know with clarity what someone's motivations are.

TL;DR- #Trolllivesmatter
As someone who is unironically supporting banning trolls, I will flag when I think someone is and Blizzard will decide. Cool how that works, yes?
. idc what the new rules are , as long as it shuts down the whiteknighting shills as well as the ppl with real complaints about the game.
White knight shall never die!
11/12/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Soyboy
This right here is why Blizzard is making the new forums

We have a first class emergency here.

Feelings may have been slightly bruised.....we need a healing circle STAT!
Finally, toxicity and trolls will be taken to the curb. People are too negative about the game, and Blizzard as a whole.

So basically someone with a differing opinion than you is toxic or a troll?? This is why the new forums will suck.. Mark my words the new forums will be a ghost town full of fluffy boring crap with in 2 months of launch.
You know a female nightborne really does captures the patheticness of an actual soyboy.

Well done OP.

8/10 for all the bites.
11/13/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Jumpingjim
How about just bringing back the UnLike button? That's what we need here.

No, the dislike button is problematic.