Add Dual Spec

General Discussion
I want to play fire in raid and frost in dungeons. Why can’t I?
....What?

You can switch specs at just about any time.
Boy do I have some good news for you!
11/13/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Rankin
....What?

Not without gimping my dps. All these sweet azerite traits do nothing in frost spec.
I'm not sure how to respond to this...

11/13/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Zhamoza
....What?

Not without gimping my dps. All these sweet azerite traits do nothing in frost spec.

Oh.
Build a second gear set
....What?

Have more than 1 set of gear? problem solved.
BAHAHAHAHA
Could always level another mage. One for frost and the other for fire.
11/13/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Stylo
Boy do I have some good news for you!

You made me lol irl, thank you for that!
11/13/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Sendes

Just seems odd that 3 pieces of gear would be useless in my off spec. Not bad, but useless.
11/13/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Zhamoza
Just seems odd that 3 pieces of gear would be useless in my off spec. Not bad, but useless.

Not hard to get multiple sets of gear.
They should come up with some kind of spell that combines the power of frost and fire. They could call it Firefrost Bolt. I'm a genius and should work for Blizzard.
11/13/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Sendes

Not hard to get multiple sets of gear.

Only one m+ chest, one pvp chest and as far as my guild can clear on mythic. It actually is hard.
11/13/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Zhamoza
Only one m+ chest, one pvp chest and as far as my guild can clear on mythic. It actually is hard.

You can literally do as many M+ a day/week at your hearts content for loot. Depending only on the weekly chest is a bit lazy.
11/13/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Sendes
11/13/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Zhamoza

You can literally do as many M+ a day/week at your hearts content for loot. Depending only on the weekly chest is a bit lazy.

Azerite armor doesn’t drop from m+
11/13/2018 10:33 PMPosted by Zhamoza
I see what you did there. 0/10 try again
11/13/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Sendes
11/13/2018 10:33 PMPosted by Zhamoza
I see what you did there. 0/10 try again

Pointing out the idiocy of a system that’s a throwback to when respeccing cost an arm and a leg through satire? Wasn’t exactly veiled was it mate
11/13/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Sendes

How do you think dual specs work? You change your spec, your armor is still the same. What were you expecting out of this?
I just had another idea, what if traits changed with your spec? We could make "sets" of armor and the traits would be a kind of " set bonus" for your spec. Those are just placeholder names for my idea, you could call them anything. This would relieve us of needing to carry several sets of gear. I'm waiting for that call, Blizzard.
11/13/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Noolore
<span class="truncated">...</span>

How do you think dual specs work? You change your spec, your armor is still the same. What were you expecting out of this?

So, back when you had one spec, you would put points into talents and they would be locked until you paid to reset them. Exactly like how azerite armor works.

Dual spec was the first step away from restrictive talent systems, allowing you to move between two sets of talents. Azerite armor lacks even a basic step away from the restrictive talent systems of old.