Add Dual Spec

General Discussion
11/13/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Shaddie
They should come up with some kind of spell that combines the power of frost and fire. They could call it Firefrost Bolt. I'm a genius and should work for Blizzard.

Legit still the coolest looking spell this game has ever had. Id go back to maining my mage again if you could glyph into it. Still not understanding why it got taken out.
11/13/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Zhamoza
11/13/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Sendes

Have more than 1 set of gear? problem solved.

Just seems odd that 3 pieces of gear would be useless in my off spec. Not bad, but useless.

There is always the option to utilise the offspec traits if you are constantly changing between specs. Alot of them are actually better than the spec specific traits.

11/13/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Zhamoza
11/13/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Sendes
... I see what you did there. 0/10 try again

Pointing out the idiocy of a system that’s a throwback to when respeccing cost an arm and a leg through satire? Wasn’t exactly veiled was it mate

At least they have options to avoid gear being spec locked. Remember Legion? Where Legendaries were mostly spec specific and artifact power was locked to a spec so you literally couldn't play more than one spec for the entire expansion?

Most would consider the flexibility to be improved.
11/13/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Zhamoza
11/13/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Sendes

Not hard to get multiple sets of gear.

Only one m+ chest, one pvp chest and as far as my guild can clear on mythic. It actually is hard.

No, it isnt. That !@#$ is just lying around everywhere. I deleted FOUR chests the other day and have three sets that are all about 370.

You are silly.
11/13/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Burgh
11/13/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Shaddie
They should come up with some kind of spell that combines the power of frost and fire. They could call it Firefrost Bolt. I'm a genius and should work for Blizzard.

Legit still the coolest looking spell this game has ever had. Id go back to maining my mage again if you could glyph into it. Still not understanding why it got taken out.

Should have just kept it for Brain Freeze and added the functionality of Flurry instead of making the awful spell. Flurry is so totally underwhelming visually.
Ehy dont you just pick traits that increae primary or secondsry stats? Problem solved regardless of what soec you use.
11/13/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Haavi

Just seems odd that 3 pieces of gear would be useless in my off spec. Not bad, but useless.

There is always the option to utilise the offspec traits if you are constantly changing between specs. Alot of them are actually better than the spec specific traits.

11/13/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Zhamoza

Pointing out the idiocy of a system that’s a throwback to when respeccing cost an arm and a leg through satire? Wasn’t exactly veiled was it mate

At least they have options to avoid gear being spec locked. Remember Legion? Where Legendaries were mostly spec specific and artifact power was locked to a spec so you literally couldn't play more than one spec for the entire expansion?

Most would consider the flexibility to be improved.

Is three steps backwards then 2 steps forward progress? While the legion system was complete trash, the azerite system is still trash, albeit less trash then legion.

I wish my generic traits were better but they actually tried and made the mage traits decent and one of them is even INTERESTING.

11/13/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Taironn
11/13/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Zhamoza

Only one m+ chest, one pvp chest and as far as my guild can clear on mythic. It actually is hard.

No, it isnt. That !@#$ is just lying around everywhere. I deleted FOUR chests the other day and have three sets that are all about 370.

You are silly.

I don’t care about 370 gear at all in the slightest
11/13/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Zhamoza
11/13/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Rankin
....What?

You can switch specs at just about any time.

Not without gimping my dps. All these sweet azerite traits do nothing in frost spec.

If you can switch at any time with no cost, then what's the point in a specialization?
11/13/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Rankin
....What?

You can switch specs at just about any time.

Not without gimping my dps. All these sweet azerite traits do nothing in frost spec.
Since the start of the game, if you want to optimize your damage for different specs, you always need to build multiple gear sets.

bis stats don't usually stay the same spec to spec for a single class. Necks, Rings especially tend to be big swings if you aren't using the right stats. And trinkets in particular usually have huge performance swings.

This isn't to say that tier sets didn't auto-swap what they did to new abilities when you swapped specs. And that's probably the closest thing to Azerite gear that we have today. And I really do think the game would have been better if the Azerite gear swapped abilities like the tier sets did instead of having to collect multiple pieces.

But having to collect multiple pieces is nothing new.

That's pretty much always happened if you want to perform well in both.
11/13/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Lorsaire

Since the start of the game, if you want to optimize your damage for different specs, you always need to build multiple gear sets.

bis stats don't usually stay the same spec to spec for a single class. Necks, Rings especially tend to be big swings if you aren't using the right stats. And trinkets in particular usually have huge performance swings.

This isn't to say that tier sets didn't auto-swap what they did to new abilities when you swapped specs. And that's probably the closest thing to Azerite gear that we have today. And I really do think the game would have been better if the Azerite gear swapped abilities like the tier sets did instead of having to collect multiple pieces.

But having to collect multiple pieces is nothing new.

That's pretty much always happened if you want to perform well in both.

The amount of DPS I lose switching specs is insane. Not like having suboptimal secondary stats losses, but huge dps losses because I don’t have multiple sets of non farmable gear

11/13/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Shaddie
I just had another idea, what if traits changed with your spec? We could make "sets" of armor and the traits would be a kind of " set bonus" for your spec. Those are just placeholder names for my idea, you could call them anything. This would relieve us of needing to carry several sets of gear. I'm waiting for that call, Blizzard.

What next, one of these sets for each raid? That would never work.
You are confusing "azerite traits on gear" with "spec talents".

You shouldnt do that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with needing different gear for different specs. I am sorry that pure dps specs don't get the option to allow 100% of your gear to easily and optimally allow you to play any spec.

Even if they implemented the changes you are asking for, does that mean I get to complain my INT DPS trinkets don't work optimally with a healing spec?
11/13/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Akston

You shouldnt do that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with needing different gear for different specs. I am sorry that pure dps specs don't get the option to allow 100% of your gear to easily and optimally allow you to play any spec.

Even if they implemented the changes you are asking for, does that mean I get to complain my INT DPS trinkets don't work optimally with a healing spec?

I guess you did need a different tier set for each spec, good point
11/13/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Zhamoza
11/13/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Akston

You shouldnt do that.

And for many classes, jewelry and trinkets.
11/13/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Akston
11/13/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Zhamoza

Needing to change rings and trinkets is similar to azerite armor because they are also not farmable
The amount of DPS I lose switching specs is insane. Not like having suboptimal secondary stats losses, but huge dps losses because I don’t have multiple sets of non farmable gear
Blizzard has already addressed this in one of Ion's Q&As. They aren't happy with how Azerite gear has turned out so far. Their stated goal is to have it be where you can use a generic non-spec trait and have it be useable in multiple specs but not as strong as if you picked a bis spec specific trait. You'll trade versatility for raw power. And it works this way right now, only their tuning is botched, so it's not working the way they want and they have said they know they need to fix that.
11/13/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Sendes

Have more than 1 set of gear? problem solved.

Generics I am fairly certain are better than spec exclusives for Frost. Also, for Fire I think the only trait actually worth anything is Blaster Master and that is if you know how to play.
11/13/2018 11:36 PMPosted by Zhamoza
11/13/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Akston

Needing to change rings and trinkets is similar to azerite armor because they are also not farmable

What? You can farm jewelry and trinkets. Most of the raid trinkets aren't good so you are basically sitting in M+ which GOOD NEWS FOR YOU drops 370+ gear while being 100% targetable and farmable content. I ran like 8 Tol Dagors for the Blast Wire. It isn't hard you just have to put time and effort in.
The amount of DPS I lose switching specs is insane

Obviously a troll post but...

Fire / Arcane is more for Dps, Frost is more for crowd control.

If you don't know this then you are a bad mage and should feel bad.
11/14/2018 02:46 AMPosted by Edwelm
The amount of DPS I lose switching specs is insane

Obviously a troll post but...

Fire / Arcane is more for Dps, Frost is more for crowd control.

If you don't know this then you are a bad mage and should feel bad.

Ah yes the spec with the most AoE spells and highest multitarget damage potential.... you play that for the slows.

11/14/2018 02:43 AMPosted by Medaax
11/13/2018 11:36 PMPosted by Zhamoza

What? You can farm jewelry and trinkets. Most of the raid trinkets aren't good so you are basically sitting in M+ which GOOD NEWS FOR YOU drops 370+ gear while being 100% targetable and farmable content. I ran like 8 Tol Dagors for the Blast Wire. It isn't hard you just have to put time and effort in.

I wonder if that was as facetious as claiming that there was a different tier set for each spec.
Ya if the azerite traits change depending on what spec you are in would be great, every time I have to go dps in Uldir I have to reforge my helm for the Archive of the Titans trait.