We have zero idea what your intent is...for anything

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
This is all about communication.

What happened to patch notes?
Where are the explanations of the new features?
Why am I supposed to do them?
Who are they for?
What classes are you happy with?
What are you not happy with?
What are the specs supposed to be good at?

There is a complete and utter failure of communication on how the game is supposed to work. You change things constantly, and every expansion. How are we supposed to know what you want it to be if you don't tell us?

Go explore islands and battle in warfronts!!! Ok great, but what does that mean to me at a gameplay level?

Who is the target audience for islands, warfronts, raids, whatever? Everyone? New players? What are the expectations?

The class descriptions on character creation are all outdated.
When you blow up classes every expansion, what were the goals?

Looking at 8.1, why do we need like 7 different currencies instead of them being more universal?

I think you're taking this whole "give the game mystery" thing a bit far. How are we supposed to know what the game is for, if you never tell us?
Yes tell me you hate my shaman instead of beating around the bush.
11/14/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Willis
Yes tell me you hate my shaman instead of beating around the bush.

I admit I lol'd, but also feelsbadman.
Methinks everyone besides the occasional mod is on vacation after blizzcon.
11/14/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Varrow
I think you're taking this whole "give the game mystery" thing a bit far. How are we supposed to know what the game is for, if you never tell us?

Is there something you have a question about?

This seems like an aimless rant. What's driving your rant? You aren't telling us.
11/14/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Mvura
11/14/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Varrow

Is there something you have a question about?

This seems like an aimless rant. What's driving your rant? You aren't telling us.

A lot of it is very ranty, but lack of transparancy in regards to what the ultimate aim is regarding their class design/balance philosophy does really bother me.

How are people supposed to give constructive feedback on classes if we don't know what they are trying to achieve with them in the first place?

i want more communication on the direction of the game and features. They said they should have communicated better on how warfronts would work, that's what I want.

They say they want to communicate better on class stuff. That's what I want.

Class communication is better than it was in Legion or WoD for sure, but still so much left in the dark on what their goals are for specs/classes. And I also think this more broadly applies to the whole game, was my point.
Just wait a little longer
11/14/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Varrow

i want more communication on the direction of the game and features. They said they should have communicated better on how warfronts would work, that's what I want.

Class communication is better than it was in Legion or WoD for sure, but still so much left in the dark on what their goals are for specs/classes. And I also think this more broadly applies to the whole game, was my point.

I wouldn’t want to communicate with the populace either if every time any change was announced you people went berserk and called blizzard all kinds of less than kind names
Well, patch notes still exist and get put out with every patch and hotfix.

I'm not really sure Blizzard is supposed to tell everyone how they are supposed to play each piece of content. Isn't that for the players to view and evaluate themselves?

They've been pretty clear with class balance and working on some of the weaker specs.

The reality is every spec is able to clear all the content in this game and do pretty well. What happens is people tunnel vision into what the absolute best is and them turn into Ricky Bobby.
I'm pretty sure you could spam General with furry fanfic and it wouldn't be deleted lol

The ship is sailing but its crew has vanished and the captain is at the bottom of the ocean. A vessel sailing bravely to nowhere in particular.
11/14/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Hypheria
I'm pretty sure you could spam General with furry fanfic and it wouldn't be deleted lol

The ship is sailing but its crew has vanished and the captain is at the bottom of the ocean. A vessel sailing bravely to nowhere in particular.

Ooo,,scary thought..ghost ship on auto pilot.
11/14/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Kirela
Methinks everyone besides the occasional mod is on vacation after blizzcon.

Many are probably updating their resumes.
Patch notes are over in the corner next to the sub numbers. Both proved to show Blizzard in a bad light so now they both remain hidden.
WoW, they just killed another thread on Activision's insidious mtx patent.

Truth hurts and they don't want players knowing how predatory these games are becoming.
11/14/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Varrow

what exactly is it that you're not understanding?? what class stuff are you talking about? do you seriously need someone to hold your hand and explain class fantasy to you or something? goals for classes? let's see.... your goal will be to dps, dps, or tank. do damage and stay alive. wow. that took a lot out of me, I can see why blizzard won't do it.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news

hotfixes and patch notes are posted there. alternatively if you don't like using the official site, there are also notes up on Wowhead and MMOchamp.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22021369/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth-is-now-live

here's a link to all the new features that came in BfA.

anything else?
Well, patch notes still exist and get put out with every patch and hotfix.

I'm not really sure Blizzard is supposed to tell everyone how they are supposed to play each piece of content. Isn't that for the players to view and evaluate themselves?

They've been pretty clear with class balance and working on some of the weaker specs.

The reality is every spec is able to clear all the content in this game and do pretty well. What happens is people tunnel vision into what the absolute best is and them turn into Ricky Bobby.

Answer: Yes, we are supposed to be able to decide for yourself.

But Blizzard has put the game on a rail and time-locked, gated, removed all the fun stuff and makes you do your chores first. That's why servers are so empty.

Not only is there nothing fun or interesting to do, but Bilzzard wants you to do it all before you can have fun.
I just want to know what is going on here. I hear on one post that they are changing the forums, which I do not know why. Then you have Blizzard saying we are "listening." Listening and responding to things are two different things. I do not know if they are listening or not, seeing how their stock went down. If they were truly listening, then they would have probably sent out information saying they are fixing these problems with their games.
Yeah, more communication would be good. Probably won't happen on these forums though, perhaps on the new ones with the increased moderation. Right now they are probably focused on getting those going.
When are you going to make WW fun to play again?

When can I finally just use my defensive as a defensive and not something I need to waste in order to be competitive dps?

Legion WW was amazing and perfect. If you thought it was too strong, numerical nerfs would have been fine. Gameplay/fun nerfs were the wrong way to go.