We have zero idea what your intent is...for anything

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Will they ever acknowledge us?!
11/14/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Ironnic
I just want to know what is going on here. I hear on one post that they are changing the forums, which I do not know why. Then you have Blizzard saying we are "listening." Listening and responding to things are two different things. I do not know if they are listening or not, seeing how their stock went down. If they were truly listening, then they would have probably sent out information saying they are fixing these problems with their games.

Any company that bombed that badly at its own event should have made a public statement (apology) last week.

Why? Because regardless of Blizzard's plans to "go mobile," they pumped PC Gamers up with expectations of an "exciting Diablo announcement" and then not only let them down, but spat in their faces by introducing the next Diablo installment -- for mobile only, then vaguely mentioned "other projects" in the works. And you can bet none of those "other projects" is a PC game for Diablo fans, or it would have been mentioned.

That anyone at Blizzard even thought that the Diablo player base would be "excited" about this announcement is beyond me. But met with the response by a convention full of PC Gamers, many of whom had spent thousands to make the trip, Blizzard should have issued a public statement, at least in an effort to appear to understand what went wrong. Maybe, they really don't get it. *shrugs*

Instead, Blizzard went duck and cover. Fine if you're on a battlefield...not so much if you are embroiled in a PR disaster of your own making. A statement was needed.

That it didn't happen and that radio silence has intensified demonstrates to me that the company is being run by people who simply cannot admit their own failures and worse, will never therefore, be able to learn from them.

A lesson in humility is in order. (See FF14).
11/14/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Velara
That it didn't happen and that radio silence has intensified demonstrates to me that the company is being run by people who simply cannot admit their own failures and worse, will never therefore, be able to learn from them.

Well, you could always just leave.

When players become that hateful towards the game and Blizzard, I have to wonder why you are still here? You don't trust them, you're always just attacking them.

So why stay? Why be a patron of a company you hate so much?
11/14/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Hypheria
I'm pretty sure you could spam General with furry fanfic and it wouldn't be deleted lol

The real question is, are you willing to put that sentence to a test and see what happens? I wouldn't.
11/14/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Varrow
This is all about communication.

What happened to patch notes?
Where are the explanations of the new features?
Why am I supposed to do them?
Who are they for?
What classes are you happy with?
What are you not happy with?
What are the specs supposed to be good at?

All of this is literally out there. Patch notes exist, the QAs are on YouTube, and the "new" features have been talked about to death.
11/14/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Snowfox

When players become that hateful towards the game and Blizzard, I have to wonder why you are still here? You don't trust them, you're always just attacking them.

Learn the difference between "hateful" and "critical."
11/14/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Talestra
11/14/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Hypheria
I'm pretty sure you could spam General with furry fanfic and it wouldn't be deleted lol

The real question is, are you willing to put that sentence to a test and see what happens? I wouldn't.

Some player posing as a crazed veteran spawned a number of threads intended (by him) to antagonize people. Instead. they mostly ridiculed him. I notice those are gone today.
11/14/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Paladonkey
11/14/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Varrow

i want more communication on the direction of the game and features. They said they should have communicated better on how warfronts would work, that's what I want.

They say they want to communicate better on class stuff. That's what I want.

Class communication is better than it was in Legion or WoD for sure, but still so much left in the dark on what their goals are for specs/classes. And I also think this more broadly applies to the whole game, was my point.

I wouldn’t want to communicate with the populace either if every time any change was announced you people went berserk and called blizzard all kinds of less than kind names

Do you know where your safe space is? Where are your parents ?
11/14/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Paladonkey
11/14/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Varrow

i want more communication on the direction of the game and features. They said they should have communicated better on how warfronts would work, that's what I want.

They say they want to communicate better on class stuff. That's what I want.

Class communication is better than it was in Legion or WoD for sure, but still so much left in the dark on what their goals are for specs/classes. And I also think this more broadly applies to the whole game, was my point.

I wouldn’t want to communicate with the populace either if every time any change was announced you people went berserk and called blizzard all kinds of less than kind names

I understand what you're saying and, on a personal level, I and probably anyone, would feel the same.

But these are people representing a corporation. They are charged with putting the corporate info out to their customers. When their customers are unhappy about the company's decisions, plans, products, part of the job is to get a handle on why. It's their job to take accolades as well as criticism on behalf of the company they represent.
They shouldn't have to tell you anything you should just be good and read their minds gosh darnet!
The class descriptions on character creation are all outdated.
When you blow up classes every expansion, what were the goals?

This is the thing I hate the most that they do

They're just "passionate"
11/14/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Velara

I've seen your posts for the past months.

You're hateful, not critical.

Critical has give and take. It has constructive feedback ideally, or at least some balance between what's good and bad. I haven't seen that from you, solely hate - pure hate towards blizzard and the game.
11/14/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Willis
Yes tell me you hate my shaman instead of beating around the bush.
Any company that bombed that badly at its own event should have made a public statement (apology) last week.

Why? Because regardless of Blizzard's plans to "go mobile," they pumped PC Gamers up with expectations of an "exciting Diablo announcement" and then not only let them down, but spat in their faces by introducing the next Diablo installment -- for mobile only, then vaguely mentioned "other projects" in the works. And you can bet none of those "other projects" is a PC game for Diablo fans, or it would have been mentioned.

That anyone at Blizzard even thought that the Diablo player base would be "excited" about this announcement is beyond me. But met with the response by a convention full of PC Gamers, many of whom had spent thousands to make the trip, Blizzard should have issued a public statement, at least in an effort to appear to understand what went wrong. Maybe, they really don't get it. *shrugs*

Instead, Blizzard went duck and cover. Fine if you're on a battlefield...not so much if you are embroiled in a PR disaster of your own making. A statement was needed.

A lesson in humility is in order. (See FF14).

Yeah, I saw that after viewing youtube, seeing Diablo Immortal fiasco. They should have never said anything about Diablo Mobile, either that had a Diablo 4 thing up and running before the mobile game. That would have probably gotten the fan base excited, but not for the Diablo mobile. They would have not booed the mobile announcement if they had Diablo 4, if there is a Diablo 4 in the making.

The main thing is that Blizzard is not Blizzard anymore. They changed too much over the years of pumping out games. It is mostly a basic bad corporate and nothing more. That is the main reason why they are doing so horrible. Sure, they can still put out something that can be amazing, but most of the time they want to put out the cheapest thing in order to get money. That is one reason why BFA is not performing like it should.
How are we supposed to know what the game is for, if you never tell us?

/grabs OP's hand
/forces OP's hand to scroll up to the top of the current screen
/forces OP's hand to mouse click on "World of Warcraft"

/leaves the room to wash hand
11/14/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Snowfox
11/14/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Velara

Critical has give and take. It has constructive feedback ideally, or at least some balance between what's good and bad. I haven't seen that from you, solely hate - pure hate towards blizzard and the game.

You're entitled to your opinion.

I am very critical of Blizzard management decisions of late, which have translated directly into very bad game play. I neither hate the game nor the company. If I did, I wouldn't bother.

I don't know where your concept of "critical has give and take" came from, but it sounds very much like the same philosophy that led to "participation trophies".

When a product deserves praise, it receives praise. When a product deserves a boot up the bum, I give that. It's not prompted by an emotional reaction, just unfulfilled consumer expectations.
11/14/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Velara
11/14/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Snowfox

I am very critical of Blizzard management decisions of late, which have translated directly into very bad game play.

Yes, I know. That was my point.
11/14/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Kirela
Methinks everyone besides the occasional mod is on vacation after blizzcon.
I think a lot of people are on permanent vacation. Meaning, a lot of people have quit over the past year or two and not been replaced. This is reduction in force by attrition. It’s a great way to save money without outright firing people. The problem is, it stresses out those remaining, and they can’t put out the kind of quality as before. And it shows.

I’d guess, judging by BfA, that there are 40-50% fewer people on the WoW team compared to 2015/2016. They’re just slowly killing it.
11/14/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Snowfox
11/14/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Velara

I am very critical of Blizzard management decisions of late, which have translated directly into very bad game play.

Yes, I know. That was my point.

No. Your point was to characterize me as "hateful".

My point is that "criticism" and "hate" are different.