We have zero idea what your intent is...for anything

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
11/14/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Hypheria
I'm pretty sure you could spam General with furry fanfic and it wouldn't be deleted lol

The ship is sailing but its crew has vanished and the captain is at the bottom of the ocean. A vessel sailing bravely to nowhere in particular.

Don't say such things or else someone's gonna make a fanfiction about the cheese grater image.
11/14/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Hishy
11/14/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Mvura

Is there something you have a question about?

This seems like an aimless rant. What's driving your rant? You aren't telling us.

A lot of it is very ranty, but lack of transparancy in regards to what the ultimate aim is regarding their class design/balance philosophy does really bother me.

How are people supposed to give constructive feedback on classes if we don't know what they are trying to achieve with them in the first place?

I remember the watercooler dev stuff we had when Ghostcrawler was lead dev.

I miss that.
11/14/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Kalorea

A lot of it is very ranty, but lack of transparancy in regards to what the ultimate aim is regarding their class design/balance philosophy does really bother me.

How are people supposed to give constructive feedback on classes if we don't know what they are trying to achieve with them in the first place?

I miss that.

That's was great.. I'll probably never forgive the haters and trolls for helping ruin that.

I miss that.

There are still watercooler dev posts from time to time. I think the budget for this game has been slashed pretty hard and they probably don't have time for them as often. As far as class builds? We've heard as much from them as we're going to. I honestly don't think they have a clear objective with these builds.

Part of the problem is that you've gotten no character progression from WoD, other than levels. Your artifact received the abilities/talents instead of your toon and these haven't been returned sufficiently in BfA. Couple that with the lack of original abilities/talents beyond level 100 and your toon may feel stagnant, independent of the pruning.
I also remember for a very brief period of time at the beginning of Ghostcrawlers job as lead dev he would answer questions posted on the forums himself.

It all ended when people got toxic with him. I really wish we would have a return to the direct forum conversation with the developers instead of having a go-between with the community managers who seem to post very rarely now.
11/14/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Kalorea
I also remember for a very brief period of time at the beginning of Ghostcrawlers job as lead dev he would answer questions posted on the forums himself.

It all ended when people got toxic with him. I really wish we would have a return to the direct forum conversation with the developers instead of having a go-between with the community managers who seem to post very rarely now.

Yeah :(

As the unrestrained hate ramps up, communication goes down.

Some players think they can insult, swear, troll, threaten, and force the blues to communicate with more.. but.. that approach actually causes the opposite to happen.

I sometimes wonder if that's actually their plan, part of the whole 'burn it all' haterage.
11/14/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Snowfox

Some players think they can insult, swear, troll, threaten, and force the blues to communicate with more.. but.. that approach actually causes the opposite to happen.

I agree this is not a good approach, but I also don't think any of my posts take that approach.
11/14/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Varrow
11/14/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Snowfox

I agree this is not a good approach, but I also don't think any of my posts take that approach.

Ah, wasn't directing it at you.. I don't really have any memory of your posts.

Was talking in generalities.
Yeah, more communication would be good. Probably won't happen on these forums though, perhaps on the new ones with the increased Censored". Right now they are probably focused on getting those going.

There, fixed that for you.
11/14/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Mortiv
Yeah, more communication would be good. Probably won't happen on these forums though, perhaps on the new ones with the increased Censored". Right now they are probably focused on getting those going.

There, fixed that for you.

Yeah, a lot of the regular hateraiders and trolls are scared, calling it 'censorship'

That's a sign of it being a very very good thing for everyone else.
11/14/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Ironnic
I just want to know what is going on here. I hear on one post that they are changing the forums, which I do not know why. Then you have Blizzard saying we are "listening." Listening and responding to things are two different things. I do not know if they are listening or not, seeing how their stock went down. If they were truly listening, then they would have probably sent out information saying they are fixing these problems with their games.

"They" can listen to the sound of my cancellation of game. Done with this game.
Since WoD Blizzard has claimed to want to improve their communication but has shown little to no interest in actually putting those words into action. Once you come to realize how full of it these guys are on stuff like this the easier it will be for you.

We don't even have decent CM's who will communicate on the forum anymore and you expect the people who actually work on the game to speak to the players?
11/14/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Gambacha
Will they ever acknowledge us?!

no, just quit
11/14/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Smadinker
Since WoD Blizzard has claimed to want to improve their communication but has shown little to no interest in actually putting those words into action.

On the contrary, we're soon getting new forums that should help a great deal with that - by stamping down hard on the trolls who've been disrupting that communication.

That has to happen first, otherwise it's just blues trying to post while the usual hater piranhas troll and derail.

I miss that.

OW Dev tracker is pretty active, and as people here have noted the past few days, those forums are at times more toxic than GD. It's not just that the community showed its toxicity and "lost" the privilege of Devs posting directly.

They seem to have distanced themselves, and push everything through the CMs -- which is really no better, it just shifts the toxicity to Yth & crew, doesn't reduce it in any way. Probably even causes more, since people get the feelings the Devs don't care enough to take the heat for their own decisions, isolating themselves like a forum version of GM Island.

If Devs cultivated a more personal relationship to the community instead of filtering everything thru the CMs or carefully crafted and safe-space Q&As, we could probably get back to the Ghostcrawler-watercooler-post days, without instantly rioting about their most recent change and sending them back under their rock.

Both the community and the Devs have to be willing to make this better. Right now, they fail to do so, so the community has no incentive to change either. They're in charge, right? So lead by example.
11/14/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Pdn
11/14/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Gambacha
Will they ever acknowledge us?!

no, just quit

lol? I didn't say anything about quitting. You quit!
11/14/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Dvis
If Devs cultivated a more personal relationship to the community instead of filtering everything thru the CMs or carefully crafted and safe-space Q&As, we could probably get back to the Ghostcrawler-watercooler-post days

That's what I'm hopeful with for the new forums.

Get rid of the trolls who are just trying to cause noise and disruption.

Let actual players communicate with the devs about issues.
11/14/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/14/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Dvis
If Devs cultivated a more personal relationship to the community instead of filtering everything thru the CMs or carefully crafted and safe-space Q&As, we could probably get back to the Ghostcrawler-watercooler-post days

That's what I'm hopeful with for the new forums.

Get rid of the trolls who are just trying to cause noise and disruption.

Let actual players communicate with the devs about issues.

Did you never read any of the beta forums? Full of actual players attempting to communicate with devs about issues.

Yet, BfA went live as is.

The devs seem to spend more time on Twitter than on these forums.

How exactly, do you think this will improve on the new forums? Serious question.
I know what I need to know about the game. When I have a question, I head to Wowhead. Usually I find what I need. If not, I ask people I actually know. Coming to the forums looking for answers is my last option.
11/14/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Velara
How exactly, do you think this will improve on the new forums? Serious question.

Increased moderation, trust levels, more accurate reporting.

The primary problem we have right now - is that the blues don't really want to post, because the trolls just come in flaming and disrupting and causing noise, making it impossible for actual communication about actual complaints to occur.

So before we can get that good communication with the blues back, we need to deal with that noise problem and make it where regular players can communicate with the blues without the piranha frenzies.