We have zero idea what your intent is...for anything

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
There really is no incentive for a dev to post, if they do, they risk their job. If i was a dev i wouldnt even read the forums, it just wouldnt be on my radar.
11/14/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Varrow
There is a complete and utter failure of communication on how the game is supposed to work. You change things constantly, and every expansion. How are we supposed to know what you want it to be if you don't tell us?

I blame the PLAYERS for this. For years, Blizzard told us something about their thinking, their long-range goals, and their ideas.

Unfortunately SOME players take every word, every phrase from a dev as a "hard promise from Blizzard", and when (naturally) some of that stuff didn't happen we saw months and months of "BLIZZARD LIED TO ITS PLAYERS" threads in the forums, day after day after day. Even today (years later) you still see "We all know how Blizzard lies to us" comments in the forums: all because some devs told us what they were thinking about.

As a group, we can't handle that.

In response, Blizzard shut up. They will only tell us things now once they are not only 100% planned, but almost finished: finished enough they can "promise" them.

And they can't tell us "why" either. If they ever dare say "we did X because we want Y" there will be endless forum discussions saying "No, no, X is not the best way to get Y". Sadly there are thousands of players in the forums who think THEY are better game-designers than Blizzard, and are eager to argue with Blizzard. So they can't tell us "why" either.

Why do you want to know? Are you one of those self-appointed "game design gurus" that wants to argue with Blizzard, or be treated as a co-game-designer instead of just a player? You and I are not co-designers. Blizzard does not consult us because they are not asking for design help.
11/14/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Kyveli
11/14/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Velara
"trust levels"? I don't even know what that means, unless you're referring to Blizzard's name for its forum citizen classifications. Not exactly a two way street, I would have thought.
It's a system for the new forums. Behavior and number of posts read increase your "Trust level" and does things like reduce the timer between posts(supposedly being increased to an hour for trust 0) and allow you to post images and have a signature.

In other words, they're adding a rep grind to the forums.

Let's hope it's not more insidious than that. I read the blue post, but was noting that "trust levels" seemed a euphemism for forum citizen classes. I am still wary about the "silence" feature because no way will that ever be abused.
11/14/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Brahmina
11/14/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Wuthappen
if any of this was left to the players we wouldn't have pathfinder imho.
If I could choose between Pathfinder or paying gold for each and every character to fly after they've hit an expansion's max level...I choose Pathfinder.

Now, if I had a choice of what went into Pathfinder, I'd definitely make changes, starting with making it only one part.

On topic: Communication has been pretty poor for some time now, and it only appears to be getting worse. For instance, I'd really like patch notes that actually tell you what's been changed instead of finding things out only when you trip over them.

I would choose to offer both.
I just read "Activision Files Patent for Microtransaction-Minded Matchmaking System"... lol thats funny, why would they try and patent that? thereby making it public? they should have just slipped it into all their systems and stayed quiet about it lol
11/14/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Varrow
This is all about communication.

What happened to patch notes?
Where are the explanations of the new features?
Why am I supposed to do them?
Who are they for?
What classes are you happy with?
What are you not happy with?
What are the specs supposed to be good at?

There is a complete and utter failure of communication on how the game is supposed to work. You change things constantly, and every expansion. How are we supposed to know what you want it to be if you don't tell us?

Go explore islands and battle in warfronts!!! Ok great, but what does that mean to me at a gameplay level?

Who is the target audience for islands, warfronts, raids, whatever? Everyone? New players? What are the expectations?

The class descriptions on character creation are all outdated.
When you blow up classes every expansion, what were the goals?

Looking at 8.1, why do we need like 7 different currencies instead of them being more universal?

I think you're taking this whole "give the game mystery" thing a bit far. How are we supposed to know what the game is for, if you never tell us?

Well we'll look at it like this. Lore is supposed to be a CM... who rarley if ever posts. The Yak was MiA till today. The goat poofed. All that left is (for the most part) some useless MvPs and MvP are nothing but glorified regular posters.

Supposedly we were supposed to get new forums... the MAIN forum had no sticky or warning. What to expect and what will change... all that info were provided by others,,,,They always say "we need to communicate better" but never follow through on it.
11/14/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Dvis
11/14/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Velara
The devs seem to spend more time on Twitter than on these forums.

How exactly, do you think this will improve on the new forums? Serious question.

Nobody is arguing that they f***** up with the feedback on this expansion. That's a deader horse than PF argument. But if you expect something to continually fail, it won't let you down in that regard.

Community needs to get over it too, and move toward better change. Holding grudges won't solve anything, and will cultivate the current sentiment that remaining silent is better because no matter what they say we're gonna roast them alive.

I think you are being a bit melodramatic. I sincerely doubt anyone is "holding a grudge." At this point is is evident many players just don't log in anymore.

Customer dissatisfaction in the declining quality of the game over the last five years has had no causal effect on Blizzard's decision to streamline the game to a hollow shell of itself, remove player options and make the game more like an online slot machine than an MMORPG.

Usually, customer dissatisfaction with a given product causes positive changes in response to this dissatisfaction, or a new provider springs up, willing to give the customers what they want. Fact of life.
I agree with the more logical approach to both sides of the table needing to do a better job as far as communication.

However, I think there are a few things that many fail to realize when forming up their version of what that should entail.

Reminiscing about the "old" way devs would communicate directly with players leaves out the "old" way players would tend to regard those same devs. Those guys used to be regarded like they were rock stars and got a lot of praise with the suggestions and criticism.

Now, if you want to argue against positive reinforcement being effective, I will happily argue that you know nothing of human psychology.

Are devs human tho? Hmm...
11/14/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Humphumphus
I just read "Activision Files Patent for Microtransaction-Minded Matchmaking System"... lol thats funny, why would they try and patent that? thereby making it public? they should have just slipped it into all their systems and stayed quiet about it lol

Because a patent entitles Actiblizzion to exclusive rights to the tech. Anyone else who wants to use it has to pay them for a license. $$$ is your answer. Lots and lots of it.
11/14/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Velara
11/14/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Humphumphus

Because a patent entitles Actiblizzion to exclusive rights to the tech. Anyone else who wants to use it has to pay them for a license. $$$ is your answer. Lots and lots of it.

Cant believe a patent was granted, seems like something most multi player games would implement as part of their money making strat.
If I put on my tinfoil hat. I'd guess Actizzard has decided to invest less and less over the years into WoW. With classic around the corner, makes so sense. Don't have to make new content, or really balance anything (in their opinion at least). That's the perfect situation. Milking nostgalia trumps investing into new development. Or just reskin 1 garbage game into a forgettable PG diablo.
11/14/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Eret
Well we'll look at it like this. Lore is supposed to be a CM... who rarley if ever posts. The Yak was MiA till today. The goat poofed. All that left is (for the most part) some useless MvPs and MvP are nothing but glorified regular posters.

Supposedly we were supposed to get new forums... the MAIN forum had no sticky or warning. What to expect and what will change... all that info were provided by others,,,,They always say "we need to communicate better" but never follow through on it.
Nowhere in a CM job description is posting on the forums required. The Yak got the flu last week. MVPs are not useless. We got a post today from Ythisens about the forums changing tomorrow. They are communicating with us at least monthly since they said that in the AMA.

How is it that their efforts are not good enough for you?
11/14/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Solarwynds
11/14/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Eret

Nowhere in a CM job description is posting on the forums required. The Yak got the flu last week. MVPs are not useless. We got a post today from Ythisens about the forums changing tomorrow. They are communicating with us at least monthly since they said that in the AMA.

How is it that their efforts are not good enough for you?

I think, though we can blame blizzard for not getting more blues interacting with us here (and ourselves some too).. I think Ythisens has been about the sole exception, actually engaging us. I don't put that on him, he's been doing a lot for us.
11/14/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Enekie
11/14/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Snowfox

Actual discussion with actual players instead of just players trolling.

If you call every criticism "trolling," then I guess it's easy to miss the dozens of conversations and discussions happening every day.

THIS.
11/14/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Solarwynds
11/14/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Velara
Some player posing as a crazed veteran spawned a number of threads intended (by him) to antagonize people. Instead. they mostly ridiculed him. I notice those are gone today.
They were gone within hours. I am not sure of your point unless you were just giving an anecdote to reinforce Talestra's post.

That was it.
11/14/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Snowfox
Yep, I'm looking forward to it too.

I hope it turns out to be a place where we can actually back and forth, without all the noise from the burn-it-down crowd.

We want the blues to be able to hear those complaints and discussions without being drowned out by all the trolling.

I'm actually hoping it's a little bit heavier moderated
I advise everyone to stay away from this thread. Its extremely toxic to your brain.

We already knew what the fetures did. Well before the launch of bfa and they even have videos from the devs on these new features as Well as what ever you just complained about. Lets look at arms warrior.....your a warrior swinging one big a as weapon around screaming and cleaving stuff in half. But fury is better at the screaming and cleaving.