80 FPS to 3 overnight

General Discussion
A couple of nights ago I was running at around 80 FPS I log in the next day and I’m hitting 2-3 FPS and the game is impossible to run. I’m running an nvidia gtx 750 on windows 10 with I believe and i7 possibly an i5. I’ve updated nvidia and windows updates as well as a factory reset and re downloaded wow as well as the Battle.net repair tool so not sure what’s goIng on all of a sudden. Is this happening to anyone else? Or does anyone have any ideas?
I'd post this over in the tech support forum but you might try a different graphics card to see if it's the card if you have another.
The technical support forums may be of more help:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1011701/

I also see fps drops (typically in Boralus) but not that severe. Hope you can get it fixed.
I’m in-game right now on a computer without dedicated video and my frames are normal (for me). Sounds like an issue on your end, but the technical support forums are probably better for this.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1011701/
Also maybe make sure your add ons are all up to date. I know my WoW gets a bit wacky when they need updated.
Do you have any other games? Are they running normally?

That could help to at least rule out serious hardware failures of say your GPU, a cooling system component, etc.
if it was perfect yesterday and ruined today, try a restore point.

type rstrui in the cortana field and see what you can do.

there probably was a big update overnight i woke up to a rebooted computer.
Thank you all, I don’t have add ons After the factory reset. I also don’t have any other games currently but maybe I’ll start there and download another game to see how it runs. Thanks for the tips. I also posted over in tech support thank you!
Shadows have been a framerate issue for many games over many years, but Blizz seems pretty intent on pushing shadows on us. I'd just like the option to turn off shadows entirely. I'm able to turn off projected textures, which is much more important to game play, and a shadow is just another projected texture. Besides, seeing the shadows of people riding across the bridge above me kinda messes with my immersion.
Win 10 update. Every computer at work today is slow as molasses .

Might have something to do w/it, but then again maybe not...
11/14/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Dwightshrute
A couple of nights ago I was running at around 80 FPS I log in the next day and I’m hitting 2-3 FPS and the game is impossible to run. I’m running an nvidia gtx 750 on windows 10 with I believe and i7 possibly an i5. I’ve updated nvidia and windows updates as well as a factory reset and re downloaded wow as well as the Battle.net repair tool so not sure what’s goIng on all of a sudden. Is this happening to anyone else? Or does anyone have any ideas?
If it was running previously it ISNT your card assuming it isnt physcially damaged.
Its a software issue, likely a OS/game/driver compatibility problem.
Did ANYTHING update from the point where it was running good to the point where it wasnt?
ANY updates to the graphics drivers, the OS or the game COULD have caused the problem.
I wouldnt go swapping out hardware as a first option.
11/14/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Smiðr
Win 10 update. Every computer at work today is slow as molasses .

Might have something to do w/it, but then again maybe not...
That would be my first suspect. Not hardware, if it was running previously.