Tenacity or Ferocity for solo content?

Hunter
Hail fellow hunters! Its been awhile since I've played a hunter and I read over some of the changes to pets.

My question to the more experienced hunters is, do you use a tenacity pet with the increased health or a ferocity pet with leech healing for leveling and solo content?

Since I've been back, the wolf I started with does really well for itself and when i got my second pet i went and got a bear to have as my leveling pet and be sure i should easily be able to work my way through anything. Unfortunately the bear seems slower to damage my enemy down and seems to lose more health than my wolf. Was wondering if maybe im not doing something right or maybe as I level up my tank pet might get better? Any clarification would be great! Thanks
11/14/2018 11:11 PMPosted by
Hail fellow hunters! Its been awhile since I've played a hunter and I read over some of the changes to pets.

My question to the more experienced hunters is, do you use a tenacity pet with the increased health or a ferocity pet with leech healing for leveling and solo content?

Since I've been back, the wolf I started with does really well for itself and when i got my second pet i went and got a bear to have as my leveling pet and be sure i should easily be able to work my way through anything. Unfortunately the bear seems slower to damage my enemy down and seems to lose more health than my wolf. Was wondering if maybe im not doing something right or maybe as I level up my tank pet might get better? Any clarification would be great! Thanks

For leveling and initial solo play Ferocity certainly is a lot better as the leech helps quite a bit to keep you and your pet up.

After a while I found personally that gear wise the world content wasn't that challenging anymore and I switched to a Cunning pet for the speedboost + having a Cunning pet in War Mode is nice ;)
Ferocity is the go-to spec for solo play at the moment. Scalehides are good until you reach the point where BM unlocks exotic beast training. Then you want a Clefthoof if you are BM.

Sadly, the only Tenacity pet that is worth anything at the moment is the Spirit Beast. This is really only due to the heal and purge they have together and is good in dungeons and raids as long as there is another player with a Bloodlust ability. If there isn't, or you aren't BM, Bats and Nether Rays are the go-to non-solo PvE pets.
11/15/2018 02:30 AMPosted by Talerdiirn
Ferocity is the go-to spec for solo play at the moment. Scalehides are good until you reach the point where BM unlocks exotic beast training. Then you want a Clefthoof if you are BM.

Sadly, the only Tenacity pet that is worth anything at the moment is the Spirit Beast. This is really only due to the heal and purge they have together and is good in dungeons and raids as long as there is another player with a Bloodlust ability. If there isn't, or you aren't BM, Bats and Nether Rays are the go-to non-solo PvE pets.

Hang on, that 20% defensive from tenacity is HUGE. SV Hunters default pet for group PvE is Cranes/Deer since they have Dispel and the tenacity defensive. Bat/Ray is only ever taken if there's no other source of lust on the team. Tenacity is overall the best for hard content because staying alive is your #2 priority (Right after not killing your team).
11/15/2018 03:22 AMPosted by Orangesilk
11/15/2018 02:30 AMPosted by Talerdiirn

Hang on, that 20% defensive from tenacity is HUGE. SV Hunters default pet for group PvE is Cranes/Deer since they have Dispel and the tenacity defensive. Bat/Ray is only ever taken if there's no other source of lust on the team. Tenacity is overall the best for hard content because staying alive is your #2 priority (Right after not killing your team).

Although the original poster asked for leveling and solo content......what Orangeslik said is 100% correct when it comes to group content.
11/15/2018 03:22 AMPosted by Orangesilk

Well yeah, hard work for keep mending or rezzing on Tenacity pets and but Ferocity (Scalehide is best pet) give you less work b/c of Leech. Scalehide do have shell and lust abi.

Know this, Shell have 1 min cd and 50% reduce dmg taken to the pet, and that are best for solo and also your MD to pet for b4 do aoe. Mix that with Ferocity's Leech then that pet is Beast Tanking hold 121 Elite.

Tenacity def spell is 3min cd(really long), 20% reduce dmg taken to you and pet, and sound to me it is PvP (like any enemy jump on you then you can cast that while your pet is tanking npc).

So both are good, Ferocity is best one for survivability in overall than Tenacity imo. Tip: You can bring that 121 Elite to enemy's cleave then be ready to cast yourself and pet to do feign (whisper: you know DH's blade dance). >:)

https://media.giphy.com/media/9L7fo2o8wBI64/giphy.gif