In case they move to Battletag/Account Name Tomorrow...

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
It's been nice chatting with y'all the past years. I've been on the forums since they were first around, through various names, though the main 3 have been Myzou, Reinhilde, and for the past year, Maizou.

However, (IF IT HAPPENS, WE DON'T KNOW YET) I won't be posting anymore if it forces us to post with our battletags or account name instead of our characters. My account name and battletags are rather easy to find me offsite with, and I'd rather not deal with the harassment that comes with that. People who know me here know I post rather snarky and sarcastic remarks a lot (Though I do tend to be helpful even when snarky/sarcastic), and although some people like that, it comes with haters too, and I've had to deal with some harassment in the past, both in game and on forums)

So if it ends up happening, I'll just end up stop posting on the official forums and move to sites like Petopia, Warcraftpets, etc. full time, as I'd rather nip the harassment before it starts.

Hopefully they understand that posting as our characters is important to us though, and that's why the WoW forums have taken so long to upgrade.

But in case it does happen, I'd like to thank you all for being here to chat with these past years, as I've enjoyed chatting with y'all, even those times I had people yelling at me to shut up or stop posting because no one cares (like when I wouldn't drop the topic of the fact they had no intention of letting us change our faces at the barber shop after updating character models :P). Even though a lot of people call GD toxic, it's honestly rather soothing to post here at times. There's always regulars I can count on to see posting.
lol
I read somewhere that you'll still be able to post as your characters, and that isn't changing.
11/15/2018 12:55 AMPosted by Alphon
I read somewhere that you'll still be able to post as your characters, and that isn't changing.

Wish it was, would love to see the toxicity levels plummet
Farewell post = you aren’t going anywhere.
11/15/2018 12:58 AMPosted by Petus
11/15/2018 12:55 AMPosted by Alphon

The "toxicity levels" would certainly plummet if the overwhelming majority of posters left the forums, leaving only a few to occasionally post.

I'm not sure that would be a good thing.
11/15/2018 12:59 AMPosted by Prizn

Yeah, really could have silently left if anything, but everyone want the "please don't go" or "I will miss you" posts for that attention and validation.
11/15/2018 01:00 AMPosted by Jelybeantoes
11/15/2018 12:58 AMPosted by Petus

The "toxicity levels" would certainly plummet if the overwhelming majority of posters left the forums, leaving only a few to occasionally post.

I'm not sure that would be a good thing.

Generally the people who are on the forums today are just here to stroke Blizzard's ego and act like they can do no wrong, or to make toxic and in their opinion, "witty" posts. So really everyone started leaving what's the difference when there is already little to no substance as it is?
Eh, I would think there’d be less harassment from not posting as characters.

Someone having your character and realm can harass you via in game messaging all the same.

The people that try to give shade via character armory though would be defective with non-character posting profiles. The people that also try to invalidate opinions via classes people are posting on would be defective. And so forth.

I would opt to just have a regular forum SN and profile pic option over characters.
11/15/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Petus
11/15/2018 12:59 AMPosted by Prizn

Yeah, really could have silently left if anything, but everyone want the "please don't go" or "I will miss you" posts for that attention and validation.

Or you know, this isn't a farewell post?

This is a "In case they move to battletag/account name, you won't see me posting anymore, but I'll still be reading the posts" post?

I'm still playing the game. I'm literally not going anywhere. I just wouldn't be posting anymore.

I posted my battletag once for a pet trade, and got spammed with battletag invites by some rando for like a month until they got bored of making dummy accounts.
11/15/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Maizou
11/15/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Petus

This is a "In case they move to battletag/account name, you won't see me posting anymore, but I'll still be reading the posts" post?

I'm still playing the game. I'm literally not going anywhere. I just wouldn't be posting anymore.

I posted my battletag once for a pet trade, and got spammed with battletag invites by some rando for like a month until they got bored of making dummy accounts.

I mean nobody cares man. You wanted to post to get some attention. Nothing you said added any substance to anything. If they change the name format you're leaving, ok and what? I wouldn't have known you existed had I not seen this post. Why do I, or anyone else, need to know that you may or may not leave the forums? Why do we need to know about your bad experience with giving out your B-Tag name?
Take care if that is the case, I likely wouldn't post either as I don't like idea of my battlenet ID being public. We didn't agree on much but I will miss you all the same!
11/15/2018 01:08 AMPosted by Petus

I mean nobody cares man. You wanted to post to get some attention. Nothing you said added any substance to anything. If they change the name format you're leaving, ok and what? I wouldn't have known you existed had I not seen this post. Why do I, or anyone else, need to know that you may or may not leave the forums? Why do we need to know about your bad experience with giving out your B-Tag name?

I can't believe you would complain about toxicity and then post this drivel. Get over yourself.
Honestly, I don't like shadow alts or lower level alts to post on the forums but I don't think displaying btag would be a good solution to this.

In my opinion, it'd be better if they just made it so that you can't post on the forums on a character that isn't max level. That would solve alot of issues with people trolling and what not.
11/15/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Momimfotm

I can't believe you would complain about toxicity and then post this drivel. Get over yourself.

What you can or can't believe is neither here nor there. This post adds nothing of value to literally anything in the game or in life. It's another "I'm in need of some validation' post. Just because I didn't agree with your opinion or the norms opinion that I should accept it and be like "yeah man you're a real martyr" doesn't mean I'm being toxic.

Validation/Attention posts
-The Game is Dead
-I'm Unsubbing
-I'm Leaving The Forums
-Is The Game Dying?
-I Have Loved My Time Here....
-Well See You Around
-"insert dramatic implication that you are unhappy/leaving/or not enjoying the game"

They add nothing of value to anything.

Okay, do you really want me to get real with you?

First. You complain about "toxicity levels" on the forums, but then your first reply in this thread is literally just "lol."

Second, then you go on to insult everyone that is still on the forums and saying they're either on the forums to stroke Blizzard's ego or make "toxic or in their opinion witty" posts.

Third, you have 650 posts. I highly doubt you've been around here long enough to know any of the forum regulars. I have 13,600 posts. Believe it or not, that means I've posted here for a long time. You may not know me, but even if people don't like me, most of the forum regulars do know me, and would likely notice me disappearing *eventually*.

So even if it's months down the line, having this post up I figure would be nice so they can go back and go "Oh, Maizou left a note explaining why he left the forums, but he's saying he's still playing, maybe I can catch up with him in game!"

She aint the only one.

I am not happy with the idea of my BTAG being public info thank you kindly.
11/15/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Alphon
Honestly, I don't like shadow alts or lower level alts to post on the forums but I don't think displaying btag would be a good solution to this.

In my opinion, it'd be better if they just made it so that you can't post on the forums on a character that isn't max level. That would solve alot of issues with people trolling and what not.

That wouldn't make any sense and be pretty counterproductive. They should start putting more mods in game for the people that troll/swear and are just all around toxic there, and going back to having a zero tolerance policy and banning them.

They should then moderate these forums better and give a 3 strike punishment and be firm on it.

Blizzard's lack of caring and leniency is the reason we are here in the state of things today.
I will really miss your sarcastic/snarky comments.

lol