In case they move to Battletag/Account Name Tomorrow...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Just because you can rationalize and justify your toxic words does not change their toxic nature and intent. You are trolling. You made your opinion known long ago...I just find it ironic that you lack the self awareness to see how toxically you are championing a method to limit toxicity.

By all means, keep your battle going. "Strike me down and your journey to the dark side will be complete." Your every counter argument only reenforces how toxic you are...
11/15/2018 01:43 AMPosted by Salf
Just because you can rationalize and justify your toxic words does not change their toxic nature and intent. You are trolling. You made your opinion known long ago...I just find it ironic that you lack the self awareness to see how toxically you are championing a method to limit toxicity.

By all means, keep your battle going. "Strike me down and your journey to the dark side will be complete." Your every counter argument only reenforces how toxic you are...

I'm not "championing" anything. I just don't agree. Your rational is that you don't like or agree with me not jumping on the "oh that's lovely" bandwagon for the OP. So your logic is that you don't like it, I should leave. "I don't agree with you and you're not reinforcing the good feelings I want to have so you should leave."

Having a different opinion, which I thoroughly explained by the way, and not sugar coating everything doesn't make someone toxic. That's the problem with everyone needing a "safe space". If you don't like what I have to say that's fine but that doesn't mean I should have to leave.

And again, I wasn't championing anything, I said the forums would be less toxic if people didn't have the anonymity that they have, and I expressed that I found OP's post to be one that was just them craving validation/attention. That was my observation, it's not being toxic to convey that.

In the same respect you can't tell me what I'm saying is toxic in nature or intended to be toxic or trolling solely for the fact that they don't line up with the norm or is not something you want to hear (read).
If we moved to a btag, it would make the forum much cleaner.
Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish ladies,

Farewell and adieu to you, ladies of Spain.

For we have received orders

For to sail to old England,

But we hope in a short time to see you again.
Do you even read your own post? Or mine? I have said nothing about the op post. I don't care if you agree or disagree. Just because you disagree doesn't imply toxicity... The way you respond is toxic, negative , condescending...

Once again, I don't care if you agree or disagree. I'm just pointing out how toxic you are... Toxic, ironically, while you defend yourself claiming you are not.
11/15/2018 12:58 AMPosted by Petus
11/15/2018 12:55 AMPosted by Alphon
I read somewhere that you'll still be able to post as your characters, and that isn't changing.

Wish it was, would love to see the toxicity levels plummet

How would being able to take harassment to real life cause toxicity to plummet?
11/15/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Alphon
In my opinion, it'd be better if they just made it so that you can't post on the forums on a character that isn't max level. That would solve alot of issues with people trolling and what not.

So, you want people who don't have a max level character to be unable to even use the forums?

Sorry, but the forums are one place where max level is not the only thing that matters.
11/15/2018 01:51 AMPosted by Petus
11/15/2018 01:43 AMPosted by Salf

I'm not "championing" anything. I just don't agree. Your rational is that you don't like or agree with me not jumping on the "oh that's lovely" bandwagon for the OP. So your logic is that you don't like it, I should leave. "I don't agree with you and you're not reinforcing the good feelings I want to have so you should leave."

Having a different opinion, which I thoroughly explained by the way, and not sugar coating everything doesn't make someone toxic. That's the problem with everyone needing a "safe space". If you don't like what I have to say that's fine but that doesn't mean I should have to leave.

And again, I wasn't championing anything, I said the forums would be less toxic if people didn't have the anonymity that they have, and I expressed that I found OP's post to be one that was just them craving validation/attention. That was my observation, it's not being toxic to convey that.

In the same respect you can't tell me what I'm saying is toxic in nature or intended to be toxic or trolling solely for the fact that they don't line up with the norm or is not something you want to hear (read).

The trolling from you was in all of the nasty little insults you were tossing out, not your opinion.
They will never allow posting under battle tag id's. If you read this forum at all, many people speak of the debacle that it caused several years ago when that actually was a thing.

If they use anything remotely close to your battletag, it will be the name without the number.
11/15/2018 02:02 AMPosted by Mahatma

So, you want people who don't have a max level character to be unable to even use the forums?

No, it's just that if I have a thread open and I'm trying to hold a discussion, I want players who can back up their claims and have legitimacy in their posts.

When someone posts on shadow alt or low level character, it detracts from any complaint, opinion, or point they're trying to make because they can't properly back it up. There's no legitimacy in their posts.

To address the issue about new and returning players wanting to post though – they can just remove the level restriction from any of the help forums. In forums such as General Discussion though they could keep the level restriction, or at least have an option for a thread you create to only allow replies from max level characters.
11/15/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Alphon

No, it's just that if I have a thread open and I'm trying to hold a discussion, I want players who can back up their claims and have legitimacy in their posts.

When someone posts on shadow alt or low level character, it detracts from any complaint, opinion, or point they're trying to make because they can't properly back it up. There's no legitimacy in their posts.

To address the issue about new and returning players wanting to post though – they can just remove the level restriction from any of the help forums. In forums such as General Discussion though they could keep the level restriction, or at least have an option for a thread you create to only allow replies from max level characters.

I guess in regards to achievements you might have a slight point, but I don't know how anything else really brings legitimacy to anything.

What if the discussion is over lower level content, or leveling up to content? It also does not help that much. Getting a alt up to max level is barely more proof than this alt at 100 is.
When i was playing her, i was spending all my time on her, i simply changed again after WoD back to healing full time.
It also has little Proof the player understands what they are talking about, If you are looking at characters before there points. It would ad to prove that maybe you do not understand what you are talking about as well as you would claim to be.

Also players choose there avatars for a lot of reasons, personally i would prefer the account name with no number over a max level character. But Letting players choose is the best for now.
If they changed it to b-tag they probably would leave out the number part, so it's not like you'll be getting adds all the time.
People want identities tied to activity on the internet because they either dislike or don't understand the internet and want to change it to be more like real life. Companies are more than happy to oblige this destructive mentality because the more identifiable someone is on the internet, the easier it is to monetize that person.
"I want to hold people accountable" actually means "I want to be able to hurt people who say things I don't like."

So you want the General Discussion forum to be an exclusive club, and those who do not have a max level to only be able to access the forums that starter accounts can. No. All of the forums are for everyone who has a current paid subscription, whether they have a max level character or not.
11/15/2018 01:17 AMPosted by Aehl
Farewell post = you aren’t going anywhere.

She aint the only one.

I am not happy with the idea of my BTAG being public info thank you kindly.

But if you don't accept a random friend request how does that matter. No one can do anything with just a btag.
11/15/2018 02:38 AMPosted by Alyreu
People want identities tied to activity on the internet because they either dislike or don't understand the internet and want to change it to be more like real life. Companies are more than happy to oblige this destructive mentality because the more identifiable someone is on the internet, the easier it is to monetize that person.
"I want to hold people accountable" actually means "I want to be able to hurt people who say things I don't like."

Exactly.
I'll give my same response way back when the btag debate originally came out. If you post snarky/sarcastic/rude/mean responses why hide behind a random forum character? If you don't want the backlash from your words then maybe you should consider how you're responding.
11/15/2018 02:19 AMPosted by Kirela

I guess in regards to achievements you might have a slight point, but I don't know how anything else really brings legitimacy to anything.

What they are essentially saying is anyone who posts on a non max level character has nothing legitimate to say. Kinda scary when you think about it.
I don't want in game to effect real life even more....