In case they move to Battletag/Account Name Tomorrow...

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
This OP reeks of fear, you do realize you can block/report if you get harassed right?

I sense that you might have other things to hide hence your extreme Paranoia.
I will also cease to post. Because when I log in it wants my battletag and password. People can get into my account with my battletag, they can know all my characters. Oh God. They can find my public social media profiles. It's almost like I predicted all this... naming my social media and my battletag different names.
You know OP what is funny about all this - if they do switch over, you by making this thread, which also will transition over, will reveal to all your battle tag id anyway. So you shot yourself in the foot by complaining about this in the first place.

If you don't want everyone to know your battletag, you better get busy changing it right now and hope it updates before the forum change happens.

11/15/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Thèón
I will also cease to post. Because when I log in it wants my battletag and password. People can get into my account with my battletag, they can know all my characters. Oh God. They can find my public social media profiles. It's almost like I predicted all this... naming my social media and my battletag different names.

Doesn't ask for my battletag when I log in - it just wants my email address.
Take it easy.
11/15/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Mistblossom
I suspect many battletags will be changed on this day.

the first change is free - if OP is that concerned I have no idea why they don't.
ccooooooolllllll....dnt care less
Just change your battle tag to match the name you want to post with.
11/15/2018 04:48 AMPosted by Eyrinjia
You remind me of an instructor I had once, a long, long time ago, for a class called "Human Relations in Business" who flat-out insisted that absolute, complete, total honesty was always the best policy in dealing with other human beings. Two seconds' reflection by anyone with any sense and even a very moderate capacity for empathy should show that this is not the case.

In what way? I would much rather be directly told i was doing something wrong than to find out later i was doing it wrong but no one wanted to hurt my feelings so they didn't tell me or tried to tell me "in so many words."

I subscribe very strongly to the treat others as i would like to be treated philosophy. Sugar coating and LYING (read causing harm) to others to spare their feelings doesn't make sense to me in this context.
I highly doubt they'd move to account names. I know a lot of people whose account name is some form of their irl name, it'd be a huge privacy concern. Not to mention um...some interesting names would show up, lets say. My BTag is whatever because I don't use Battle for anything but the launcher.
11/15/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Enchi
I highly doubt they'd move to account names. I know a lot of people whose account name is some form of their irl name, it'd be a huge privacy concern. Not to mention um...some interesting names would show up, lets say. My BTag is whatever because I don't use Battle for anything but the launcher.

They tried to do this when RealID (precursor to BattleTags) was introduced. There was a large outcry and they backed off from the idea. Then BattleTags came out and that system is better.
I hate these “I’m quitting the forums” posts that people make. Even if the new forums are trash you’re not going anywhere.
Joke's on you, my Btag is also Chilela.
11/15/2018 07:31 AMPosted by Sorelai
11/15/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Enchi

They tried to do this when RealID (precursor to BattleTags) was introduced. There was a large outcry and they backed off from the idea. Then BattleTags came out and that system is better.

I wasn't around at the time but I heard about that, thats why I doubt it'd be account names. Most likely BTag or just a forum SN (I hope).
Couple of thoughts.

1. You can change your Battletag, that would make it so you can't be tracked to other sites, yet it doesn't affect anyone on your friends list.

2. If Battletag ID is used on the forums, I doubt it will be entirely exposed, example would be simply leaving off/obscuring the numbers after the "#" would be enough to prevent abuses yet still be unique enough on the forums.
11/15/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Amine
You know OP what is funny about all this - if they do switch over, you by making this thread, which also will transition over, will reveal to all your battle tag id anyway. So you shot yourself in the foot by complaining about this in the first place.

If you don't want everyone to know your battletag, you better get busy changing it right now and hope it updates before the forum change happens.

Doesn't ask for my battletag when I log in - it just wants my email address.

It was a joke, and sarcasm.

Get an Authenticator.
I have no issue with B-Tag as Overwatch does the same thing. But Real Name? Yeah, no. I draw the line there.
11/15/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Menageatrois

Get an Authenticator.

Again, it was a joke/sarcasm poking fun at the paranoia of others who shall not be named.