PvP self heals

Demon Hunter
Fairly new to DH but I like the versatility and burst. However, it seems if I get dotted and rogue or feral runs or even I take a warlock down. Do I need to just hide and eat to get some health back? Just seems crazy since their isn’t always a healer in randoms.
You don't really have self heals, if you down someone remember to eat the soul that they drop, but other than that you can only mitigate damage, unless you are in meta, where you get a little bit of leech.
10/10/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Doomdill
You don't really have self heals, if you down someone remember to eat the soul that they drop, but other than that you can only mitigate damage, unless you are in meta, where you get a little bit of leech.

Remember, if you're in a bind, you can do a Chaos Nova in a crowd, and there is a 30% chance of a getting a lesser soul fragment for a self heal.
You can also spawn a soul fragment from dispelling a buff with the Burning Soul azerite trait.

Shrine of the Storm drops shoulders with both Revolving Blades and Burning Soul.
there is the soul rending talents for a leech buff, and i run Demonic appetite for the extra boost in souls droping. average arena fight i do 100k healing, around 6 minutes in ive usually done 600k healing
this is why i choose [Demonic Appetite] for pvp only
countless times this has saved me grabbing hp/fury from the orbs
i don't get why people don't choose them, other than bads who always run around with healers to fix their bad choices
why would you ever sacrifice the mobility/damage and take Demonic Appetite? if you struggle that much to survive you have a lot to learn still.
Demonic Appetite was the best talent for surviving, if you're talking about 2s arenas, 25% dampening kicks in instantly so.

And randoms? randoms isn't balanced or made to be at all.