Play with the Blues - Darkshore Warfront

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
Tomorrow - Friday, October 12, starting at 1 PM Pacific (4 PM Eastern) - many members of the World of Warcraft design and QA teams will be hitting up the PTR to test the new Darkshore Warfront being added in Tides of Vengeance!

This initial test will feature the Alliance version of the Warfront. For testing purposes, it'll be accessible to characters level 110 to 120, and be forced active for the duration of the test regardless of the state of the Darkshore zone. We've also added an extra Warfront table to Stormwind to help newly-created PTR characters get in on the test easier, and sped up the overall cycle (again, to aid with testing).

Your participation is invaluable at this stage of development for the new Warfront, so we'd love to see you join us tomorrow as we put it through its paces. Thank you!
10/11/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Lore
Your participation is invaluable at this stage of development for the new Warfront,

Why do you continue to lie to us? Do you seriously think we're that stupid?
10/11/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Yinja
Your participation is invaluable at this stage of development for the new Warfront,

As someone who is currently taking a break from WoW till next patch and is very fed up with the changes in game development i do think the opinion of players wont change much, but your comment is outright salt as PTR is to help polish bugs.
There are so many things wrong with this whole story arch. They have been said and expanded on and said again!

The issue, the real bug, is the story for this. We want the Devs to fix the story. THAT is the freaking issue.
Tomorrow - Friday, October 12, starting at 1 PM Pacific (4 PM Eastern) - many members of the World of Warcraft design and QA teams will be hitting up the PTR to test the new Darkshore Warfront being added in Tides of Vengeance!

This initial test will feature the Alliance version of the Warfront. For testing purposes, it'll be accessible to characters level 110 to 120, and be forced active for the duration of the test regardless of the state of the Darkshore zone. We've also added an extra Warfront table to Stormwind to help newly-created PTR characters get in on the test easier, and sped up the overall cycle (again, to aid with testing).

Your participation is invaluable at this stage of development for the new Warfront, so we'd love to see you join us tomorrow as we put it through its paces. Thank you!

Hey you think you can make it so that Mac users with Mojave can log into their characters?

Ever since I did the OS upgrade, I can't log in to the character.
10/11/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Rastakahn

polish bugs.

But that doesn't happen. It's been the major complaint of BfA since it hit Alpha servers.
Thanks for doing this!
10/11/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Uthos

Hey you think you can make it so that Mac users with Mojave can log into their characters?

Ever since I did the OS upgrade, I can't log in to the character.

I can't get into the game either and I have tried two PC with two different OS system and neither of them are Macs...
Sign me up! I played the developers back in the Warsong Gulch Level 20 Challenge event to get a beta key for the Burning Crusade :D

I actually report bugs!
10/11/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Rastakahn

As someone who is currently taking a break from WoW till next patch and is very fed up with the changes in game development i do think the opinion of players wont change much, but your comment is outright salt as PTR is to help polish bugs.

False
Does this new warfront have pvp? I’ll be down to test a pvp warfront instead of a lfr-esque scenario.
10/11/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Amine
I can't get into the game either and I have tried two PC with two different OS system and neither of them are Macs...

I am able to launch the game, Pick create and copy characters just fine. the minute I log in everything is black and the game crashes. Is this the same for you?
When work makes you miss all the bug fun...
We've also added an extra Warfront table to Stormwind to help newly-created PTR characters get in on the test easier, and sped up the overall cycle (again, to aid with testing).

What does this mean, exactly? "Newly created PTR characters" aren't in the level 110-120 range. Are we supposed to have level boosts or premade testing characters available somewhere?
10/11/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Darthwaggle
We've also added an extra Warfront table to Stormwind to help newly-created PTR characters get in on the test easier, and sped up the overall cycle (again, to aid with testing).

What does this mean, exactly? "Newly created PTR characters" aren't in the level 110-120 range. Are we supposed to have level boosts or premade testing characters available somewhere?

You can do class trial characters, I believe.
That could be what they mean. They're barred from most content, but they could enable the warfront for em I suppose...

You know what would really help testing is if they fixed the PTR store and let it "sell" boosts.
For testing purposes, it'll be accessible to characters level 110 to 120, and be forced active for the duration of the test regardless of the state of the Darkshore zone. We've also added an extra Warfront table to Stormwind to help newly-created PTR characters get in on the test easier, and sped up the overall cycle (again, to aid with testing).

Can't stress enough the bold parts, and you guys might want to make a sticky emphasizing all the particulars that are being added for test purposes and not intended for the live version. Will help curb the shock players feel when they get into the live version and its vastly slower-paced or gated than what they got on the PTR.

That escalated quickly...
now I can log in but my screen keeps flickering. Ive tried changing the graphical settings and nothing
10/12/2018 03:34 AMPosted by Ardenns

That escalated quickly...

Are any of the Devs a shadow priest? They need fixed STILL!