Blizzard, this is stupid

General Discussion
10/14/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Winestorm

Augment runes as well. They need to either make the tables worth using or just ditch them already. Bring back the gold and extra loot missions.

They made them less relevant because people complained they were too involved in Legion and WoD. I mean people are going to complain no matter what so they should stop making reactionary design decisions based on complaints from this dumpster fire of a community.

This bolded part so much.

Harder than just leaving the missions in and expecting the playerbase to simply ignore them if they don't need them. But player self-reliance doesn't seem to be a popular trend these days. Why step over the banana peel when you can sit down in front of it and demand that someone else move it for you?

I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous analogy, how is this the player's fault? I'm being gimped for having the nerve to be exalted so I could get an allied race unlocked. You're either subjected to a tedious, mind-numbingly infuriating grind and just when you think it's over you get hit repeatedly with the RNG bat by a deranged madman. No, this is wholly on blizzard. Stop making excuses for them.
10/15/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Momimfotm
I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous analogy, how is this the player's fault? I'm being gimped for having the nerve to be exalted so I could get an allied race unlocked. You're either subjected to a tedious, mind-numbingly infuriating grind and just when you think it's over you get hit repeatedly with the RNG bat by a deranged madman. No, this is wholly on blizzard. Stop making excuses for them.
It's the player's fault for complaining about something that they can simply ignore. You are under no obligation to do the rep mission table quests whether you need the rewards or not. It has no more impact on you than you allow it. I am also exalted with 4/6 reps. It'll be 6/6 within the next week. So what will I do? Simply save my war resources for the missions that actually benefit me. I will chase gold, AP, augment runes, etc. I will use the resources to buy bonus rolls and contribute to the warfront. I will save them for future rewards to be introduced.

And how, exactly, are you gimped? How is having pointless missions on your table having any sort of a negative impact on your progression? This is entirely a problem of your own making. It's like carrying a bag of bricks. You can either complain about the weight, or just set it down.
10/15/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Crowlay
10/15/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Momimfotm
It's the player's fault for complaining about something that they can simply ignore. You are under no obligation to do the rep mission table quests whether you need the rewards or not. It has no more impact on you than you allow it. I am also exalted with 4/6 reps. It'll be 6/6 within the next week. So what will I do? Simply save my war resources for the missions that actually benefit me. I will chase gold, AP, augment runes, etc. I will use the resources to buy bonus rolls and contribute to the warfront. I will save them for future rewards to be introduced.

And how, exactly, are you gimped? How is having pointless missions on your table having any sort of a negative impact on your progression? This is entirely a problem of your own making. It's like carrying a bag of bricks. You can either complain about the weight, or just set it down.

Ignoring a problem doesn't mean it isn't still a problem. I complain, and will continue to complain because this is unacceptable and something they should've anticipated when they put this mission table trash back in the game. The mission table is an entirely OPTIONAL benefit, that is true, but it's still a benefit, and it's a boon to my character when I can use it to gain bonus rep, AP, and runes to get ahead. But when it gives a rep token I don't need? When it gives 2? THREE?

That's when I feel screwed over and gimped by RNG. It definitely affects my progression in terms of how I can raise my AP level, getting runes for mythic plus/raiding(they sure as hell aren't cheap on the ah), and rep tokens for other factions.

If the mission table simply gave small gold rewards and cosmetic rewards you'd have a point, but it doesn't, so you don't.
10/15/2018 12:30 AMPosted by Momimfotm
Ignoring a problem doesn't mean it isn't still a problem. I complain, and will continue to complain because this is unacceptable and something they should've anticipated when they put this mission table trash back in the game. The mission table is an entirely OPTIONAL benefit, that is true, but it's still a benefit, and it's a boon to my character when I can use it to gain bonus rep, AP, and runes to get ahead. But when it gives a rep token I don't need? When it gives 2? THREE?
Once again, a banana peel on the sidewalk in front of you. You can complain about it, stress about it, demand someone else do something about it, or simply step over the darn thing and get on with your life.
That's when I feel screwed over and gimped by RNG. It definitely affects my progression in terms of how I can raise my AP level, getting runes for mythic plus/raiding(they sure as hell aren't cheap on the ah), and rep tokens for other factions.
How is that? How does having useless mission table quests keep you from doing any of those things? I have yet to lose out on AP or be unable to join a raid or M+ run due to the mission table. How does it keep you from gaining rep with other factions? I still have access to WQs and emissaries no matter how many capped rep tokens are on the board. It makes as much sense as blaming your lack of progression on the winner of last season's America's Next Top Model.
If the mission table simply gave small gold rewards and cosmetic rewards you'd have a point, but it doesn't, so you don't.
They do have gold reward. No cosmetics, but as I said before, there are augment runes and AP which suits me just fine.
Once again, a banana peel on the sidewalk in front of you. You can complain about it, stress about it, demand someone else do something about it, or simply step over the darn thing and get on with your life.

You can keep repeating this analogy, it doesn't make it any less terrible and inaccurate.

How is that? How does having useless mission table quests keep you from doing any of those things? I have yet to lose out on AP or be unable to join a raid or M+ run due to the mission table. How does it keep you from gaining rep with other factions? I still have access to WQs and emissaries no matter how many capped rep tokens are on the board. It makes as much sense as blaming your lack of progression on the winner of last season's America's Next Top Model.

Never said it kept me from doing any of those things, it is however certainly a useful boon to my characters and I am affected by it not being available. I'll take all the bonus AP, runes, and rep I can get. Some of the rep missions give as much as 800-900 rep if you get 200% chance while the wqs give 75 rep each so it makes a HUGE difference. Part of the reason I was able to get exalted so quickly(relatively to other players) was because of mission table quests like that. I don't even want to imagine how long it would've taken otherwise. I really think you're being kind of disingenuous and unfair in this regard.

They do have gold reward. No cosmetics, but as I said before, there are augment runes and AP which suits me just fine.

I am aware they have gold rewards...which is why I said "if the mission table SIMPLY GAVE gold rewards". I certainly wouldn't feel obligated to do them.

The augment runes and AP would also suit me just fine if I were able to get them. If I didn't keep getting screwed over by rng over which missions pop up. I am getting quite a lot of honorbound missions still, and as I am also exalted with zandalari, this issue has only compounded itself.

I can't ignore it. I won't ignore it. You can't make me ignore it. What should I do? Stop doing emissaries and world quests so I don't gain any rep? I hate the mission table quests and would prefer that they not be in the game at all, but they are, so this is where I am now.
Tinypic? What is this, the 2000s?
Tinypic? OP is a time traveller!
Tinypic? What is this, the 2000s?
I regret ever posting this
10/15/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Momimfotm
Never said it kept me from doing any of those things, it is however certainly a useful boon to my characters and I am affected by it not being available. I'll take all the bonus AP, runes, and rep I can get. Some of the rep missions give as much as 800-900 rep if you get 200% chance while the wqs give 75 rep each so it makes a HUGE difference. Part of the reason I was able to get exalted so quickly(relatively to other players) was because of mission table quests like that. I don't even want to imagine how long it would've taken otherwise. I really think you're being kind of disingenuous and unfair in this regard.
I'm still not understanding your complaint. What's not available? AP missions are still there. Rune missions are still there. Gold missions are still there. You said you're exalted. Why do you care if rep missions are there or not there. You don't need them if you're exalted. That's what the word means. Please tell me specifically how rep missions on the table have any negative impact? You think I'm being disingenuous. I think you are being obtuse. How do these missions affect you in any way?
10/15/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Momimfotm
I can't ignore it. I won't ignore it. You can't make me ignore it. What should I do? Stop doing emissaries and world quests so I don't gain any rep? I hate the mission table quests and would prefer that they not be in the game at all, but they are, so this is where I am now.
Do or don't do emissaries for any reason you like. I do them for the capped reps for the OTHER rewards like AP and gear and gold. I don't even think about the rep. I have all I need so I don't stress about missing out on gaining more.

I genuinely don't understand how being offered something you don't need and are free to ignore has any sort of negative impact on your game. It's like getting worked up about the pet battle token quests if you don't pet battle. It's like being offered augment runes if you don't raid or do any other high end content. It's like being offered gold if you have 8mil in the bank. How is it harming you? How is it a hindrance? Why does it bother you so much?
I'm still not understanding your complaint. What's not available? AP missions are still there. Rune missions are still there. Gold missions are still there. You said you're exalted. Why do you care if rep missions are there or not there. You don't need them if you're exalted. That's what the word means. Please tell me specifically how rep missions on the table have any negative impact? You think I'm being disingenuous. I think you are being obtuse. How do these missions affect you in any way?

I really feel like you missed the entire point of my OP. My complaint is that I am still getting rep token missions after hitting exalted. This should not be happening. There is zero excuse for it. Zero! It is unacceptable. My issue isn't that I am not getting rep missions(those would be nice,but that's not my point) but that I am getting nary a rep mission or AP/runes I need. I BARELY get rune missions. It has an extremely negative impact on me because my progression is hindered and slowed BECAUSE I AM GETTING THE SAME REP MISSIONS I'M ALREADY EXALTED WITH.

I can't progress with rep as fast as I'd like because the wqs give barely any rep, and with the AP grind every little bit helps. I'm explaining myself rather well, I feel like you're just doing a bad job of understanding me.

Do or don't do emissaries for any reason you like. I do them for the capped reps for the OTHER rewards like AP and gear and gold. I don't even think about the rep. I have all I need so I don't stress about missing out on gaining more.

I genuinely don't understand how being offered something you don't need and are free to ignore has any sort of negative impact on your game. It's like getting worked up about the pet battle token quests if you don't pet battle. It's like being offered augment runes if you don't raid or do any other high end content. It's like being offered gold if you have 8mil in the bank. How is it harming you? How is it a hindrance? Why does it bother you so much?

The emissaries are not the problem, I do them as often as I can but the rep grinds in general suck and now I'm being punished for it just because I have a few at exalted. Ignoring this should not be a solution, blizzard should enact a hotfix of sorts where after you reach exalted(before paragon rep is added) to just give you rune and ap missions. That's all I want. I don't think that's unreasonable. What is unreasonable is you just telling me to ignore a problem and just move on. I have a problem with that. It makes me so mad.
Lol!!!!!

Tinypic.

(Just kidding, I agree with your post)
You think you want a pargon cache, but you don't.

I still have 3 mounts to get from the Legion ones =/ That is after being exalted with them forever, getting oodles of paragon caches on two characters.

I KNOW Blizzard; They'll put in the paragon caches, but they won't be able to resist putting something insanely rare in them.
Once exalted, any rep quests should give you stuff you actually need, like runes and gold.
So your solution is to ignore something until it becomes an unignorable problem?

Having reputation tokens for factions a player is already exalted with appearing as the majority of missions is something that should have been considered and planned for before the game was launched.