Azerite level 33 on 385!?

General Discussion
10/16/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Sinelus
Is this for real? Is this garbage system still actually "genius"? I got 385 shoulders with decent first 2 traits, but the real problem is that the +5 ilvl bonus needs azerite 33...this is painful. I can't wait to see "Azerite level 45" for next raid tier...

it's already more than 5 ilvls higher than the next best piece, so what the hell is the rush?
10/16/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Akston
The +5 ilvls is such a small deal, you shouldnt be focusing on the AP needed for it.

Nah man it's absolutely necessary if you want to raid.

Gotta prove your devotion and all.
10/16/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Littlepicker
Is this for real? Is this garbage system still actually "genius"? I got 385 shoulders with decent first 2 traits, but the real problem is that the +5 ilvl bonus needs azerite 33...this is painful. I can't wait to see "Azerite level 45" for next raid tier...

Didnt they say the average player was already 35-37 in their heart of azeroth? This should not be an issue at that point.

I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt that's true, at all. 35-37 is incredibly high, compared to my own mythic raid group which is probably avging a necklace at around 27-29 off the top of my head.

To claim that's the norm/average of the playerbase?!? Insanity.

Edit:

10/16/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Gunnari
wowprogress lists 31 being the highest Azerite level in the US, with 3 people having it.

EU has a single person at 33.

Yep. See?

10/16/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Haim

What an insanely stupid post. Don’t disguise your intentions - what you really want, evidently, is a handout. It’s perhaps a bis piece of gear for your spec, a significant item lvl upgrade over the rest of your gear, and you expect to be able to fully unlock it? I would agree there’s an issue if you couldn’t even unlock one trait, but you’re getting everything but the comparatively negligible final trait. You also haven’t unlocked your 370 chest final trait I see - did you start a petulant thread about that too?

Lmfao. Yeah ok, getting my BiS item concerning traits, then getting a +15 ilvl upgrade with trash traits without being able to reach all of my BiS traits of my old one, but the ilvl advantage makes my old piece not an upgrade concerning my new piece...

What am I supposed to do? Sim both, wear the new one thats currently higher, but keep the old one in case when I do reach and unlock all traits it becomes better than the one +15 Ilvl over it after simming both of them
for what may or may not be an upgrade???

So sim old, swap, sim new, keep old one around till I unlock all traits and +5 Ilvls on old, sim both again including the new trait I unlocked from the +15 ilvl upgrade while working to fully unlock the old one?!

This coming from someone that enjoys simming and intricate details of my gear... This system is stupid. If you disagree you simply don't understand it yet.

Idk how people figure this out without sims. This is a garbage, confusing system.

That's only 2 or 3 levels higher than my 355 needs. Which I'll replace with 370 long before I reach...

Honestly, idk what they were thinking. I haven't had all 3 defensive traits unlocked before getting an upgrade since ilvl 325 or maybe it was 310. I honestly ignore the +5 level because it's completely unobtainable as far as I can see. If you play enough to reach it, you are going to get a higher ilvl to replace it before you reach it, and continue to do so until you end up at the gear cap with a +5 that's maybe obtainable before the next tier is released.
It's dumb. You either farm AP non-stop or never unlock your 4th ring Azerite power.

By the way, Blood Rite is really bad.
10/16/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Koven
Meh, I stopped farming azerite completely. I don't care anymore. I enjoyed artifacts, but this newer iteration is a major step backwards and I'm just bored with it.

This....
Didnt they say the average player was already 35-37 in their heart of azeroth? This should not be an issue at that point.

Who said?

Players with 35-37 and revered champs(all of them) are going to have 395-400 ilvl neck. Out of the selection of players in this thread how many of these average players do you see?
10/16/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Dubknight
So sim old, swap, sim new, keep old one around till I unlock all traits and +5 Ilvls on old, sim both again including the new trait I unlocked from the +15 ilvl upgrade while working to fully unlock the old one?!

All I worry about is first trait and ilvl, Healers don't have reliable sims. If I am fussed i can see the holy shock trait averages 2k every 8 seconds and the martyr trait on my chest is at best 5k every 3 minutes or so.

So holy shock>>>>>Martyr. Pity every epic azerite chest i have acquired so far has had the martyr trait.
385 gear is 8.1 ilvl. It’ll be a while before you replace it.
I am ignoring the talents traits, and AP now. What is the point? OP is right, you get better gear, then you have new talent traits out of reach again. Some decent talents are stripped off you. Never ending cycle. What I liked about Legion, once you unlock a trait, it was permanently available, and you move to the next one, until you unlock all of them.
You realize the final trait is a "You really don't have a new piece of gear. Well !@#$ have 5 ilvl, sorry dude"
I'm surprised Islands doesn't have an azerite cap to prevent spamming over and over and over again. I mean, what's stopping people from maxing out their Azerite necklace level by literally doing islands all week, 24/7?
10/16/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Dvis
Considering they plan to decrease AP levels every week by ~30% for the life of the expansion, means that items in the future could easily require HoA levels in the 40s, 50s, or higher. It seems daunting now, but level 27 currently takes about 24k AP? By end of year (10 weeks) that would be next to nothing.

You just explained the problem. By the time you get it the next raid tier is about to come out.

25-27 maybe, 35? no way. absolutely no way. that would be multiple hours of island grinding every day ; the average player definately do as little of those as possible.
10/16/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Volley
I'm surprised Islands doesn't have an azerite cap to prevent spamming over and over and over again. I mean, what's stopping people from maxing out their Azerite necklace level by literally doing islands all week, 24/7?

their sanity... is what stopping them from grinding island all week.

grinding island for 50 hours just go get +6 main stats, +9 stam and +1 secondary stats is depressing.
10/16/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Akston
The +5 ilvls is such a small deal, you shouldnt be focusing on the AP needed for it.

The point is that he'll likely replace the piece before he meets the requirement - so why do they bother having that trait with that requirement in the first place?