Calling it Now : Classic Pathfinder

General Discussion
There was no flying in Classic, that wasn't till TBC, and while they might actually release TBC, I doubt they would be stupid enough to add pathfinder to TBC which did not have it to begin with. Unless the B dev team that runs WoW now is in charge of classic, in which case, they'll change whatever they want because they always know what's best for us. /rude to them.

Semper Fi!
10/17/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Arwenna
10/17/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Brahmina
...And there's no crying in baseball. :)

Anyone who wants to fly can just play the current game. Leave classic out of it.

Did I say I wanted flying in classic? No. I didn't. I made a flat statement. I think classic should be classic. I even feel that addons should be disabled in classic and that Thottbot should be the only information resource site available.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you wanted flying in Classic. I was replying to the OP. I should have said so in the post.
I would hope people going into classic know that it will not have flying as vanilla did not.

Tbh that will be one of the downfalls of classic, so many players who joined in mop / wod / legion may go in not doing research on how vanilla / classic is (this is also if they keep it the same) and will complain about a handful of things.
10/17/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Alathalas
When they get pressured to add flying to classic wow I bet they find a way to time gate it behind a classic pathfinder task.

So what...flightpaths are going to require pathfinder?
I'm confused.
Classic to WotLK Azeroth was made up of smoke and mirrors. I remember getting to locations you weren't supposed to be in back in the day, it looked wonky lol. Anyways half the point of classic is the no flying thing so I can only imagine this is a thread to stir people up.
10/17/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Vhex
There will be no flying in classic. Enjoy.
10/17/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Nephis
Classic to WotLK Azeroth was made up of smoke and mirrors. I remember getting to locations you weren't supposed to be in back in the day, it looked wonky lol. Anyways half the point of classic is the no flying thing so I can only imagine this is a thread to stir people up.

the days of wall climbing to IF airport and on top of IF. One of the areas around there never got fully fixed and still looks wonky haha
You really don't want to see the top of Classic Cathedral. It would drive us to madness.
When they get pressured to add flying to classic wow I bet they find a way to time gate it behind a classic pathfinder task.

I am all for flying at max level.

But classic did not have flight.

No, there should not be flight in classic.
10/17/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Righteous
So what...flightpaths are going to require pathfinder?
I'm confused.

That would be hilarious. And since they are not all interconnected there should be a required faction rep in each zone you must be Revered with before they will fly you to the next zone!
I absolutely adore and love flying.

But there shouldn't be Flying in Classic. It wasn't in the game during Vanilla, so it shouldn't be in Classic.
It is very unlikely Blizzard will add flying to Classic.

Blizzard has been trying to kill flying in WoW since Cata but players keep crying when it's restricted.

Adding Flying Mounts are probably one Blizzard's biggest regrets.
It would not be classic if there was flying. I think you can buy a faster ground mount if I remember at 60.
Of course. The 'classic' wow they will create will be nothing more than a cut and paste of what we play now with a classic 'wrapper' skinned over the top of the same poor class design, ilevel scaling, and all the other game features they've ruined since wod.

They no longer have the imagination or willingness to recreate a game once 12 million folks enjoyed.

There won't be classic flying..

Try again.

There will be no flying in classic, otherwise it will not be classic..

With all the complaints about not being able to fly, I sure hope people get used to walking because it took a long time to get gold for mounts..

They won't. There's simply less need for flying. Even the city design now is based around having flying and penalizes you for not having it. Show of hands who else risks death to falling damage to get from the top of the Troll place down to the trainers/grinder to get there faster. But flying was never part of vanilla and the player base that wants vanilla doesn't want flying added to it. Because, say it with me, it wasn't in vanilla.

Second, even if they did. Nobody would even care about the grind part of it. It simply couldn't be a 2 month grind repeated every 2 years and withheld for the first few months like a bully holding your toy above you head and making you do stupid and embarrassing things to get it back. Which is what makes flying part 1 and 2 so obnoxious. You could play Classic for 36 year and never have to do it again or have that taken away from you like they do every single expansion.

But again, that doesn't matter because flying wasn't added until BC.. I realize you're a troll, but I hate the pathfinder mechanic and will simply use your post to complain about them. Playing zones that expects me to have flying but doesn't *allow* me to have flying is one of the biggest causes of me playing other games. If I'm not going to have QoL perks anyway, I'd rather a dev team that keeps that in mind instead of a dev team that withholds QoL changes as a way to bully the players into doing what they want. Kinda like they're doing with the Mythic raids too. This whole "I'm withholding your toys away until you do what I want" attitude is simply not worth my money. I pay these people to have an enjoyable experience. Not to expect me to have, yet withhold until I do whatever stupid thing they demand, QoL perks. Absolutely obnoxious and bullying design.