For those waiting on Classic

General Discussion
10/19/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Danaar
10/19/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Ginsuknives
Enjoy being 36525628....(in queue approx. 10+hrs wait time) to log in. Do I miss that? No. Will that happen with the state of Classic, of course it will. I used to look forward to classic's announcement but how many servers do you think blizz will keep up and maintain.

36+ million trying to log into Classic simultaneously? That is an optimistic prediction to say the least!

Good that you think it'll be that successful.

Not only that, Classic wont be crossrealm so that 36 million will be just a single server.
10/19/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Phaelanx
Not only that, Classic wont be crossrealm so that 36 million will be just a single server.
?
I am still betting that it was all just a sleazy PR stunt to lure back long unsubbed players, it's all a lie.
10/19/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Hateshotalt
10/19/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Ravius
That is why it is fun to make things up, just say anything and end with “that’s what’s gonna happen”

Speculation about classic is fine(even though it does have its own forum) but back it up or don’t say anything.

Just stirring the pot because you’re bored is kinda sad, if you want someone to talk to I’ll chat ya up, no fee.

Retail WoW is dead, Classic will fail.

So like that?

Edited to point out that this was sarcasm.

You have perfected the art :)
10/19/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Flamefur
Enjoy being 36525628
Wow, it'll bring back THAT many players? Damn, retail is dead. Sign me up.
You beat me to it.

If Classic-WoW is going to bring in 36.5 million players, that's going to set the video gaming industry on it's butt. Just think of all those other studios laying off their workforce and shutting down. How can they hope to compete with a revived 14 yr old game drawing in 36.5 million players? Better buy some ATVI stock now before it quintuples in value .....
Hey you have 1 like from your mom...grats. Sorry to disappoint, but lots of people will go to classic over the BFA mess. My guess is that Classic will be released after the next xpac just because of all the people that will bail this xpac so readily.
Enjoy being 36525628....(in queue approx. 10+hrs wait time) to log in. Do I miss that? No. Will that happen with the state of Classic, of course it will.

Remember that the way it's being implemented is by doing the classic ruleset/mechanics on top of current technology.

That means in some ways it's going to be deeply and fundamentally different from various private servers.

We may get dynamic sharding instead of queues. Yes, there are people who think that would in and of itself make it so unlike vanilla as to ruin everything. It may still be what we actually get.
Enjoy being 36525628....(in queue approx. 10+hrs wait time) to log in. Do I miss that? No. Will that happen with the state of Classic, of course it will. I used to look forward to classic's announcement but how many servers do you think blizz will keep up and maintain.

As if they would ever happen on retail LMAO

gamesdead
It seems a bit presumptuous to assume their server infrastructure won’t be upgraded vs the 2004 launch. Who knows if there will be ques or not, but hopefully it will be popular as I’d love to see new players experience where this game I love started.
Enjoy your empty servers and massive amounts of server sharding from a game that is incredibly boring and unsatisfying.
10/19/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Layetin
Enjoy your empty servers and massive amounts of server sharding from a game that is incredibly boring and unsatisfying.
I plan to!

I think I have realistic expectations about the range of possibilities. I'm not sure PUGs will be at all viable at any point, whether during leveling or at endgame. I'm not sure I'll have enough friends interested in it to ever do any group content at all.

Maybe I'll be surprised, and that'll be viable! But I'm not planning around the assumption that this will be the case.

That's fine. As long as I don't have to pay any extra for it on an ongoing basis, I'll still dabble in it as a side thing, and I expect to have fun doing so.
10/19/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Pict
10/19/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Phaelanx
?

they say that because queues were realm-based. if you’re waiting in a queue of 36 million (as OP described) and there’s no cross-realm zone sharing, that means all of those people are trying to log in to the same realm—so, assuming there may wind up being more than one realm, OP’s prediction suggests classic will have MORE than 36 million players!
They might have crz

Oh wait thats not classic ...my bad :(
I actually miss waiting in a queue. You knew when you saw that queue pop up that !@#$ was gonna be bumpin
Oh don’t worry I will be the first person on the classic servers. The moment blizzard says, “Go!” I’m off to Deathknell and leveling a new warlock to 60.

First time took me 3 months. This time it’ll be 2 weeks.

"The worst part about classic is it will be popular!"

Uh, okay, stick to playing BFA sweetie. :^)
That being said, the possibility of a long queue exists. It depends on how many Classic realms are going to exist.

Wait, you think they are going to launch classic and create queues? Lol. Servers are fine now. They have the tools to not have that problem anymore.

Wait, you think they are going to launch classic and create queues? Lol. Servers are fine now. They have the tools to not have that problem anymore.
10/19/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Andolfson
Unlocking allied races takes longer. And there isn't that blasted time gating.
time gating is called atunement lol