You are lucky you have a loyal player base

General Discussion
Because your game right now is complete garbage.I do not log on anymore to have fun, right now I log on your game to be disappointed and bored.Your attitude right now Blizzard is this, we can put out any kind of crap game we want and people will still play it and we will make tons of money , so why should make a great game.Guess what your time is running out.
10/21/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Balasia
your time is running out.
*queue 24 clock beeps*
I think executives at Blizzard forget that if you make a good game then you'll make more money than a game that caters to the lowest common denominator.
the player base isn't really 'loyal'.

people just have a hard time giving up on something they've invested a lot of their time into. the gaming market is actually very competitive, there are so many great options out there. the problem is people don't just hop from one game to the next when it comes to mmo's because they're big time commitments and it feels like a loss if you leave, even if the game is in a terrible state.
10/21/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Comedy

people just have a hard time giving up on something they've invested a lot of their time into.

It's not only that. If you're desperate, and you don't know when they'll stop giving catchups, if you stop farming AP you could be giving up your one chance to have a huge advantage and get into content.

I disagree with this.

Tons of players are loyal and for good reason. Blizzard pretty routinely exceeded other game companies in the sheer amount of care they put into their titles, polishing them to such a sheen that you could enjoy them to an extent you couldn't with other games.

That is, until BfA.

People remember the goodwill built up by previous expacs, but BfA is so far below their normal standard for good content that it's rapidly burning out. Blizzard's customers are loyal, but their patience has limits.
It's not about loyalty. If there was a better MMORPG out there, people would be playing that game. Why would you be loyal when you have a better alternative.
10/21/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Enekie

I disagree with this.

Tons of players are loyal and for good reason. Blizzard pretty routinely exceeded other game companies in the sheer amount of care they put into their titles, polishing them to such a sheen that you could enjoy them to an extent you couldn't with other games.

That is, until BfA.

People remember the goodwill built up by previous expacs, but BfA is so far below their normal standard for good content that it's rapidly burning out. Blizzard's customers are loyal, but their patience has limits.

You forgot WoD.

In a dark room in a worn down flat in London, England Balasia sits at his computer typing furiously into a well known forum for World of Warcraft. His meticulous rants have earned him notoriety in the downtrodden circles of forum trolls as a true elite poop poster. Above his desk is a clock with a timer that is counting down to his cells plans to once and for all destroy a game that has grasped the industry for too long. But what are they?

Thousands of miles away in CTU an analyst peers through data and sees this new post. Thinking nothing of it at first, but her instincts tell her it could be something. Could this be a hint? An indication that Balasia and the Nostalgia cult are planning to strike? Probably worth bringing up with the lead agent in charge regardless. She forwards the information to her supervisor and quickly gets up and heads straight towards his office.

"We may have new information on the Balasia case sir"

Jack Bauer's eyes were practically half open due to pure lack of sleep. The exhaustion showed in his demeanor and appearance and he knew it.

"What do we have agent?"

"Sir Balasia is indicating that their time table has moved up for their plans to destroy WoW, he's indicated their plans are in motion"

"What, let me see this." Looking over the forwarded documents and screenshot of his forum posts over the last few days showed hardly conclusive proof. But then again in Jack's experience nothing was ever cut and dry.

"What do we have on satellite in regards to his cells movements"

"Nothing sir the request for surveillance teams wasn't approved, and I've been stonewalled the whole time."

"Well thank you for coming to me agent I think this deserves further analysis, I'll grant the request for surveillance for now. I'll also grant you more agents to head up a special task force to see what else you can find."

"Thank you sir I'll get right on it."
I mean, over the years and through multiple expansions we've seen the Devs focus more on their philosophy rather than focusing on the Feedback of many who are "testing" their game. Being around in Classic WoW, I would have to say what sold me to playing the hunter was the fact that I was able to track rogues while stealth, farm to gather materials to craft ammo, go across the world to find certain foods that my pet needed to stay alive, pet food buffs, being able to have quivers (A lot still complain about today any nothing has been done), being able to play as range and when melee comes in close corners switch to melee to tear them up, being able to have my melee and bow with quiver equipped on my back for the RP experience, Talent tree that have a lot of ways to build my hunter, Chimaera Shot for MM, etc. We have lost about 95% of this.

What would have been nice would have been player housing, too, not the Garrison crap. Look how many games implement this for RP and social gathering. Devs said that having housing would remove players from major cities allowing them to be less social, but look at ArchAge housing and how they implemented vendors in/near towns you can build on. Even Maple Story 2 has housing similar to ArchAge. Or even a guild Strongholds. Just allow places like Orgrimmar, Silvermoon, Stormwind or other major cities or have open space areas be utilized for housing so players can be engaged in old content or have something they can RP about not sit in Orgrimmar or Stormwind and not have that feeling of going home after killing a raid boss. Add some cool stuff to housing or have players "adventure" to get cool housing stuff. I think Island expeditions would have been great for that. Add in wood gathering and bring back arrow crafting, or make stronger professions like how FF14 have to engage players or something that have more open world feel to it. Add more customization features. NPCs have a load of these, but these are limited to players use... why? Fix how shoulders float on ORCS or how some don't work with certain races like Bloodelfs and gnomes and create better xmogs. Warframe has an amazing feature that allows people/artist to make skins, Deluxe Skins or Tenno Gen, that have similar themes of that Warframe or break that theme of that Warframe. I bet there are artist outside WoW that have AMAZING imagination compared to the bland xmogs we see now with some classes having no animations to others having crazy effects. You could hire artist to do cool heritage or class themed if tier sets are no more. So much can be done and so much taken from players. I don't know.
"Because your game right now is complete garbage."

Nonsense. 100% your personal opinion, NO objectivity at all. Garbage compared to what? What game is better? Unless you can name FIVE current MMOs that are better, you can't call this one "garbage" and be honest.

And don't give me that "Oh, I FELT so much better years ago". Every game FEELS better in year 1 than in year 6. That is the player changing, not the game.

"You are lucky you have a loyal player base"

More nonsense. I would switch to another MMO in a second. I have done that 4 times already. Every time, I played for a month or 3 or 4, then came back to the BETTER game: this one.

I don't know ANY player (and there are millions) with ANY loyalty to Blizzard. We play because...

...this is the best MMO available today. That's it. The only reason. No "loyalty".
I play for arena.. I que arena heavily 3-4 times a week Ive lost any interest in leveling alts, doing world quests or anything. Sometimes I still farm transmog.
Its hard to tell the difference in loyal players and people who really fall hard for the sunk-cost fallacy.
I think people are still clinging to Blizzard because they remember what Blizzard used to be.

The current developers are riding the coattails of the people who created WC2, WC3, Starcraft, Diablo 1 & 2 and earlier WoW. Some people are having trouble coming to terms with the drop in quality that we're seeing with some of their more recent endeavors. They want the old Blizzard back. The pre Activison Blizzard that actually gave a damn about the quality of a game and whether the player base enjoyed it.

Now it seems all they care about is milking every last cent from the player base before the masses clue in to the fact that we're no longer dealing with developer's who have a passion for making great games. We're dealing with bean counters who are slaves to the shareholders.
"dearrrr blizzord I play your game and now I so upset I cry 23 hours a day, only stopping to make forum posts QQ"
I don't think loyalty has anything to do it with it :)
My subs done in 10 days, found a few possible alternative single player games that will keep me occupied for a while. I thought about playing diablo but thats a bliz title and im kinda not wanting to give them any more of my $$$ so thats out.
10/21/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Qri
"Because your game right now is complete garbage."

Nonsense. 100% your personal opinion, NO objectivity at all. Garbage compared to what? What game is better? Unless you can name FIVE current MMOs that are better, you can't call this one "garbage" and be honest.

And don't give me that "Oh, I FELT so much better years ago". Every game FEELS better in year 1 than in year 6. That is the player changing, not the game.

"You are lucky you have a loyal player base"

More nonsense. I would switch to another MMO in a second. I have done that 4 times already. Every time, I played for a month or 3 or 4, then came back to the BETTER game: this one.

I don't know ANY player (and there are millions) with ANY loyalty to Blizzard. We play because...

...this is the best MMO available today. That's it. The only reason. No "loyalty".

No, objectively. Look at almost any measure, and this expansion is worse than the last one.

Fewer recipes for crafting professions, fewer ways to obtain them, and no way to make them worthwhile to current content.

Fishing goes from quests and different rare fish and reputations to nothing. Archaeology also lost its extras.

The Raid is a straight line corridor with no story, vs EN which had different visuals and trash mobs for each fight, and story elements about what EACH boss was, as well as a quest for BOTH sides leading into it.

Holiday content not updated to the new zone, even just adding in Trick or Treat baskets.

Azerite Gear and it’s objective design flaws (if you really want me to break down why this system is bad, I can do so, but it would be a wall of text, this system ignores so many basic concepts of good game design it’s ridiculous).

Island Expeditions and the objectives that fight the design, lack of communication, and lack of compelling reason to run them.

The list goes on and on. The game IS trash right now.