Ok Blizz, end alliance salt, make a decision on Silver Covenant for alliance

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 15 Next
10/23/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Mcfurnace
10/23/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Jellarie
Another one of these dolts that can't figure out that 20 people freaking out over a thing is NOT representative of the thousands of people that play that faction.

Which one is a dolt?

btw....Even if Blizz says 'no' to playable alliance high elves, there will still be one or maybe two who will never give up. I mean...one of them actually said this to me. 'remember what they said about classic'. So even if they say 'no' they really don't mean it.

:p
10/23/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Bourbonboxer
Guys dont worry, just like the thread on MMO Champion; the megathread on high elves is only kept alive by three people arguing in a circle.

They might always try to prop up how the community wants or needs high elves, but in reality....no one really cares outside of rpers who want to rp as queldorei OR people who want the Tolkien elf-human alliance. But in reality....hardly many of them care about the Alliance queldorei. It's why if you looked through the Vold Elf megathread, a lot of people were willing to give up queldorei for a fair skin version of the void elves.

This is why the Bonifice (i hope that's right) versions of the megathread were actually proper and supportable. There was actually drive to highlight and push the idea to a good height along with using art customized for high elf ideas.

Now...the new megathread is a joke. One of the worst iterations of it. And it's been defined in both communities by the most colorful and its worst commentators:

Lionknight: the MMO champion poster who got memed out of existence and banned. His quote of "high elf fans are being bullied to the point of causing a mass shooting" has been joked about amongst the anti-helfers since it happened.

Joyeuse: The poster who has gone on record in Story Forums and GD who tried to push the "blood elf retcon" and has claimed without high elves that WoW would die. The same poster who goes into other threads not associated with high elves, to only talk about high elves. While most likely a forum and sarcastic personality, the pro helfers defend and upvote this person.

Wallurian: The GD poster who made a thread about talking about WC2 allied races which resulted into a high elf thread at his own posting. The same poster who legitimately would blacklist and ignore any one who had some semblance of a disagreement with him.

------

I digress. There are good people in the pro-helf community. Alurna was someone who was so passionate throughout the old megathreads and pushed forth actual discussion.

Now that I see this megathread...I read the supporters....that community should be ashamed. You guys went from supportable to fanatical levels of meme. No one takes you seriously, and won't ever again after you let and embraced certain people in your discord and in your community push an image.

To Alurna and Boniface, you guys rock. But your backing and community has failed.

This so much. I actually supported the void elf threads in the beginning and agreed that Void elves should have a normal skin option. I feel that would serve as the best compromise over adding in another reskin of the blood elf model. Then those High elf mega threads started popping up and a lot of the more fanatical people took over and turned those threads into a strict tribal mentality. If you didn't agree with them, you're a troll that deserves to be ignored and flamed. What made matters worse was how a lot of the people in those threads would constantly defend this type of fanatical behavior or brush it off entirely.
Don't you have a spam containment thread to stick to?
Funny how everyone keeps saying the Alliance wants them as a race, yet there are many, including myself, who do not care about them.

Please stop acting like its the entire population of the Alliance that wants them. Its a group of players who want them, including Horde players.

Christ...
10/23/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Velexy
High Elves are so much better for the Alliance than you mud hut sharp stick desert dwelling monsters.

High elves are refined and dignified without the superiority complex of your standard blood elf.

We will never stop fighting for what is right. Give Alliance High Elves!!

We both know you are not getting them... go play a void elf or you know if you want to play a high elf, the horde is waiting for you...
Do Horde ever stop crying and whining about what others want?
10/23/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Tubthumping
Do Horde ever stop crying and whining about what others want?

I’m Alliance, is my opinion more valid to you because of that?
Just Blight Bomb their stronghold and bring them back as Dark Chambermaids for Sylvanas.

P.S. Blizzard resolved this months ago OP with their second, "No".
Oh another thread full of 'i dont want other people to be happy even if it doesn't affect me' posts.
High Elves are so much better for the Alliance than you mud hut sharp stick desert dwelling monsters.

High elves are refined and dignified without the superiority complex of your standard blood elf.

We will never stop fighting for what is right. Give Alliance High Elves!!

Oh, Irony, thou art a fickle lover...

/facepalm
Then maybe they should just get rid of high elves or stop giving them lore or story significance.
10/23/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Lightfaller
Oh another thread full of 'i dont want other people to be happy even if it doesn't affect me' posts.

Oh please, people will never be happy.
10/23/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Mcfurnace
I am not in favor of providing providing a new faction of high elves into the game since we have two, but lets end the toxicity and salt in the forums

Do you think that will even make the tiniest difference in the salt and toxicity of the forums? The forums reflect the game community and if you've pugged anything in the last 8 years you'd see that salt and toxicity is pretty rampant.
10/23/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Aelsera
Then maybe they should just get rid of high elves or stop giving them lore or story significance.

Yeah and they should stop giving Eredar, Broken, Naga, Ogres and Blood Trolls lore or stories too cause we’ll never get those.

No unplayable races should be in the game in any capacity.

Faction wars forever!
10/23/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Lightfaller
More like another thread of people begging for something when they already got a clear no on.
10/23/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Aelsera

They are prominent? You mean besides the nameless mobs in Arachi, and the mage who literally could be any othe race?
I just want sneks over Elfs, Sneks are far more pretty.
10/23/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Mcbeardy
they already did Ion said if they want high elfs the horde is waiting they just wanna keep crying

Someone said "you think you do, but you don't", But they lacked vision.

While i do personally want High elves, i respect enough why they don't want to put them in, (even if the lore and other excuses are unbelievably weak and think that Mister Ion here is being as reductive as the people who make that reductive meme "If you want high elves, the horde is waiting for ya". Personally i would have more respect if they just outright said "no" instead of coming up excuses or dancing around the issue or just meme by saying "you think you do, but you don't".).

However, if it's money they want, i'm quite baffled they still haven't done this for Pre-orders of BFA or as a bonus for buying the digital deluxe edition (as well including ogres to balance things out). It wouldn't make BFA's any better, But it would help improve the experience for some and definitely will for those who wanted those races. And considering a lot of people wanted to play the plain-vanilla Silver Covenant High Elves so badly (That's gonna be it's new name now), if i were blizzard, i would totally take advantage of this. I'm surprised they didn't, knowing them.

Greater experience makes a greater game to those who experiencing.
they have made their decision you just wont accept it
They already have, it's not happening. Not their fault people don't listen.