[PTR] King Grong

Story Forum
It seems the goblins are poaching the kaja'mite gorillas in Zuldazar. Grong is their leader who volunteers to undergo an experiment which converts intelligence into physical strength in order to fight the Horde.

He's anxious about losing his intelligence (which he does, as he's essentially a mindless brute in the raid) but says he is willing to take the risk to stop the Horde.
Da'kani for the Alliance. Nice.
You can always count on goblins to be thieving little buggers.
10/23/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Zerde
You can always count on goblins to be thieving little buggers.

By Goblin law all kaja'mite belongs to them.
10/23/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Veloran
Goblin law
Isn't this an oxymoron?
Also, that's like saying by Grandblade law, all kittens belong to Grandblade.
It’s Goblins. Everyone knows they are completely amoral and always have been. I don’t think anyone judges the Horde by their actions. (Even in universe).

It’s what makes Gallywix a fun character that no one asks to get rid of. (Excluding the strange intro story in Cata).
We have hit a point where a literal gorilla thinks the horde is evil and must be stopped. We are being villain batted by a monkey.
Blizzard:Hey Horde players let's raid Zuldazar to give motivation
Horde players: To give motivation?
Blizzard: yesss
Actually white knights like a boss
MoP time
10/23/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Verlius
We have hit a point where a literal gorilla thinks the horde is evil and must be stopped. We are being villain batted by a monkey.

Of all the things coming in 8.1... Rastakhan's death, Saurfang and the Alliance working together, Vulpera being purged... the worst is the Goblins picking fights with neutral, sentient Gorillas. That is the most disconcerting to me.

Things look bad for the Horde. At least Talanji and Voljin are not quite yet against Sylvanas.
Is it bad that this is what actually gets me mildly invested in raiding Zuldazar?

Poor ape friend. You will be avenged.
10/24/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Galenorn
Is it bad that this is what actually gets me mildly invested in raiding Zuldazar?

Despite all the flack 8.1 is getting, I'm really hoping <Purge Squad> and <Grong's Revenants> end up being Alliance guilds in the future.
10/24/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Grandblade
10/24/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Galenorn

Despite all the flack 8.1 is getting, I'm really hoping <Purge Squad> and <Grong's Revenants> end up being Alliance guilds in the future.

According to the vast number of Alliance players, they will eventually become Horde guilds, so why bother?
10/23/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Grandblade
10/23/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Veloran
Goblin law
Isn't this an oxymoron?
I see you are unfamiliar with the 285 Goblin Rules of Acquisition.
10/24/2018 02:44 AMPosted by Dittrazkalok
10/24/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Grandblade
... Despite all the flack 8.1 is getting, I'm really hoping <Purge Squad> and <Grong's Revenants> end up being Alliance guilds in the future.

According to the vast number of Alliance players, they will eventually become Horde guilds, so why bother?

I expect the Harambe meme to be revived from this as well. Just a feeling.
We already have quests and even a WQ or two to kill these gorillas. What’s the big deal?
10/24/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Onamah
We already have quests and even a WQ or two to kill these gorillas. What’s the big deal?

We kill the warmongering ones, not the friendly ones.
Dicks out for Grong.
10/23/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Grandblade
Da'kani for the Alliance. Nice.

It doesn't work like that. It only works if the Alliance are the ones being the aggressors and not the Horde.
10/24/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Arlifrex
Dicks out for Grong.

If he hadn't started beating us with a gnome, we wouldn't have had to put him down with an azerite laser.

Jokes aside, I'm a bit annoyed that, despite the Horde keeping all evil activity off of Zandalar, !@#$ing Winston thinks we're enough of a threat to throw away his sapience to better fight us.
10/23/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Hazel
It seems the goblins are poaching the kaja'mite gorillas in Zuldazar. Grong is their leader who volunteers to undergo an experiment which converts intelligence into physical strength in order to fight the Horde.

He's anxious about losing his intelligence (which he does, as he's essentially a mindless brute in the raid) but says he is willing to take the risk to stop the Horde.

Are they literally poaching them or just driving them out of the area?

This is frustrating either way since Horde had a quest to help the peaceful gorillas and Alliance had quests from halford to kill them.