Three days...the countdown makes me feel bad

General Discussion
10/29/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz
My sub expires in three days and I feel really mixed about it.

On one hand, I've been a regular player since January 2005, with just a few breaks during that time. I've loved this game more than any other game I've ever played. I listen to the music on my iPod, and there are times I just fly to an area to sit and take in the scenery.

But on the other hand, I can't stand what the game has become. The people developing it have a totally different goal in mind than player fun...maybe because they are developing it for an entirely different type of player?

The idea that you no longer get stronger relative to the mobs you are fighting, while leveling, is astounding to me. That's core to an RPG. Yet they have totally ruined this aspect of the game. I can't make another alt (I have 4 priests), just to see it again, and not have it take 2 months to do.

Pathfinder and other time gates. Despite the fact that some people like this stuff, there is a real money cost to doing it. Why would I spend $250 a year to be told how I need to play a game?

I never had the problem in WoW before these types of items were put in. I never raided Sunwell when it was current...and I didn't feel left out. My guild just didn't make it that far, and that's okay.

I hope that somebody sends me an email for feedback because I have lots of it to give to them. I'm sad to leave, but I can't support a company that does this to a game out of greed. If the numbers would back it up, that they made these changes for the players, the players like them, and I am just in the minority of people who don't like them, that would be fine. But in my heart, I'm not in the minority. Regardless...my last 5+ months have been spent occasionally commenting on the forums, not playing WoW.

They broke me of an addiction I didn't think that could be broken.

I hope to be back someday. I hope they make changes. I hope that each of you enjoys your gaming adventures, and that your loved ones are safe and sound inside of WoW and outside of the game.

Edit: little words and forgot the year I started! DOH!

super dramatic. It's just a game bro, and if you spent your time usefully instead of on WoW, you would be the better for it. As it is, they all come back eventually.
The idea that you no longer get stronger relative to the mobs you are fighting, while leveling, is astounding to me. That's core to an RPG. Yet they have totally ruined this aspect of the game. I can't make another alt (I have 4 priests), just to see it again, and not have it take 2 months to do.

It feels bad.

Imho it's something they need to undo or evolve or fix.

How it is right now feels bad.
10/29/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Sabureus
I have about a week left on this token and really deciding whether or not to buy another.

I ground out 7th Legion rep to make a Dark Iron, but then I remembered how much I don't like the post-7.3.5 leveling changes so he's at 70 with little/no ambition to keep leveling.

For me I don't have any other games to really play because they're genres I don't find fun or just another one in a franchise (i.e. CoD 5000).

I might try to play some more D3, but I don't care much for what Blizzard did to that franchise either.

Maybe it's time for to do that heresy that some people call "doing things outside"

Try GW2 great classes, with lots of choices in how to build them.
I wish you luck OP and I truly hope they start to listen but I kind of doubt it. Take care!

(gives OP a little box of cookies to go)
10/29/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Vixie
No, that's being realistic. Why would you need to love or hate a video game in its entirety with that much emotional involvement? Most of us like or dislike some aspect of the game. A game with many many different features like WoW will always have different opinions about its parts.

I think you have read way too much into it to be honest.

I don't love WoW like I love my spouse, or my children. I love it how a person who plays baseball loves baseball.

I've been here a bit longer than you and I have no problem with this game at all. Whatever I don't like, I don't do. There's still plenty of things for me to do to keep me and my alts busy. That's all I expect from a video game. Usually when I run out of things, there's a patch happening...that's why I'm still here 13 years later.

Do you not think that I haven't done that. The problem is, all of the things I used to do they have changed. I can't level alts like I used to. I can't even farm old raids like I used to. And I have found my PVP time to be reduced because it's just not rewarding as it used to be due to the fact that your rewards are RNG based.

So don't stress that your great idea or vehement objection to something wasn't acknowledged and implemented. If you want that kind of power over a game, make your own or go work for Blizzard.

One day you'll find out that my complaints aren't just based on my personal preference. I didn't like 10 man raids in WotLK, but it was better for the game. It's not all about me contrary to the pitchfork you like to think I carry. I have often stated that I want as many people playing this game as possible. I've never told people that their opinions don't matter, and tried to do some 'I'm okay so it must be you'.

Be rational. When a change is made in the game it should be around building common ground for the players, not divide them. There may be a certain number of people that like the layered RNG, but the numbers (whatever they are to be exact) will not reflect that.

When it comes time to leave it should almost always be 'it's time for me to move on', not that they took away the things you liked. Hopefully someday you'll see the difference.

I hope to be back, hopefully things will change.
10/29/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Illidonkey
Oh boy another post about quitting from someone without a 120 xd

So you're telling her you have no need of her, Ion?
♫ITs THE FINAL COUNTDOWN♫
I’ve also played since January 05 when my brother in law gave me his guest pass. I’ve had a few breaks here and there in between but I don’t think I’ll be back unless something drastically changes, or they go free to play so I can log in and diddly bop here and there. I just don’t play enough anymore. I’m burned out I think, I’m no longer enjoying myself. Too much RNG. I haven’t even bothered logging into a BG or doing arena since the beginning of legion. LFR is frustrating and I don’t have a consistent enough schedule to raid with a guild anymore.
10/29/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Dùbbs

super dramatic. It's just a game bro, and if you spent your time usefully instead of on WoW, you would be the better for it. As it is, they all come back eventually.

Well "bro" to some people this is more than a game. That's not a difficult concept to grasp. I've been playing since like 2007/2008 and have made a lot of friends over WoW. It's not like Dead Space where you play it, beat it, and move on. Also what you said assumes that they don't spend their time usefully... which I am not really sure how you are able to know them as a person based on their opinion on a video game.

What a troll.
10/29/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Riceandbeans
I’ve also played since January 05 when my brother in law gave me his guest pass. I’ve had a few breaks here and there in between but I don’t think I’ll be back unless something drastically changes, or they go free to play so I can log in and diddly bop here and there. I just don’t play enough anymore. I’m burned out I think, I’m no longer enjoying myself. Too much RNG. I haven’t even bothered logging into a BG or doing arena since the beginning of legion. LFR is frustrating and I don’t have a consistent enough schedule to raid with a guild anymore.

Many of us raided and spent our nights doing that whole thing, and then life changes and it just might not be the priority it once was.

But there needs to be a place for those players in the changes that are made to the game. The ability to play the game should be based on your subscription, not the amount of time you play....not taking into consideration things like progression raiding.

Hope to see you back in the game at some point.
TL;DR: Blizzard isn't giving me everything I want on a silver platter so I'm not playing it until they give me what I want with zero effort.

^ That is what you sound like right now OP.
Mine expires to 2 days, already cancelled. Depending on 8.1 I might be back or playing Ff14.
10/29/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Anillei
TL;DR: Blizzard isn't giving me everything I want on a silver platter so I'm not playing it until they give me what I want with zero effort.

Nice projection but that isn't what was said.

If that is how you interpret it, that's on you.

Why are people so weirdly hostile when someone says they are quitting and give reasons why? Couldn't you just disagree with why they are leaving the game instead? Or not even post to begin with if it's just gonna be snarky? Makes you seem petty and small.
Pacing.

Ion and his team use this word quite often.

They want you to play their game at a certain pace, if you go to fast you hit a road block.

This expansion is the first time it has been so noticeable.

The whole " The only metric we measure is that you are having fun " is absolute garbage, the fact that he said that ...and probably believes everyone should believe it speaks volumes.

And the blizzard white knights arrive on scene.

He has every reason to say why hes leaving, its called feedback. Also if you think this expansion is fine then you're delusional. I accepted bfa for what it is and just letting my subscription expire in a few days.
10/29/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Snowfox

It feels bad.

Feels bad because it is bad. I agree that they should do something about it.

Remember when ion said they wouldn't do it to begin with?
10/29/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Sweetpeaz
10/29/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Snowfox
It feels bad.

Feels bad because it is bad. I agree that they should do something about it.

Remember when ion said they wouldn't do it to begin with?

It started in the middle of legion because we were chewing through content to fast....pacing. There was an uproar then too.
10/29/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Tovi
I didn’t mind the way Blizzard did level scaling because it gives you a choice in the order of zones to level in.

Sure, but I remember running out of Undercity, taking a right turn into the land area that had level 50? spiders.

I couldn't fight these, maybe I could run to see what's on the other side - but maybe I'll get caught and die...

There was a little bit of excitement knowing you were somewhere you shouldn't be. Now, you just charge in anywhere and start whacking.