Hype Train, Delusional Thinking

Classic Discussion
11/01/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Mogar
11/01/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Jdpp
...The game is closer than many of you think from being completed.
You should read the last paragraph of the latest watercooler where they say 'There’s still lots of work left do'.

I will say summer 2019 is optimistic, November is likely.

I read that as "let's tell them we have a lot of work left so they don't think Classic will drop right after Blizzcon". Your guess might still be correct though.
11/01/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Lennix
11/01/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Mogar
...You should read the last paragraph of the latest watercooler where they say 'There’s still lots of work left do'.

I will say summer 2019 is optimistic, November is likely.

I read that as "let's tell them we have a lot of work left so they don't think Classic will drop right after Blizzcon". Your guess might still be correct though.
Might. But it's more likely that we'll get it sooner than later. Unless their Classic announcement was just as big a blunder as their "You think you do, but you don't" blunder, the announcement, itself, is indication that the timeline is wrapping up, not beginning. Even though they didn't officially assemble the Classic team until after the announcement. And the technological challenges that were historically offered as barriers to the project—these were simply easy excuses to offer, and easy to accept by the masses. The work to do is not remotely as time-consuming as they've tried to get us to believe. It was always pride that stopped them.

Spring 2019 for the win!
11/01/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Wife
If being against dishonest business practices is bigoted then I'm a bigot too

Most of you around here are given your post history and general attitudes.
I took that statement as more of a CYA thing, so when people pick the demo to shreds and find the tiniest discrepancies between classic and vanilla and come frothing about changes on the forums they can fall back on 'we told you it was a work in progress!'
It will be out before Star Citizen. That much is certain.
The Fallout 76 beta isn't a real beta test, it's just a tease to build hype and drive pre-orders. A real beta test wouldn't leave just 2 weeks to fix any issues that are reported.
11/01/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Essaranor
It will be out before Star Citizen. That much is certain.

/thread
11/01/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Kiki
I took that statement as more of a CYA thing, so when people pick the demo to shreds and find the tiniest discrepancies between classic and vanilla and come frothing about changes on the forums they can fall back on 'we told you it was a work in progress!'
This is also likely. I believe they're further along than they suggest, but if they botch it in the demo and people rage...well, you said it already.
11/01/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Essaranor
That much is certain.
Spock!!!
fallout is hardly an mmo, anything that claims to be a sandbox nowadays is just andopen world game with no content
11/01/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Igotsoul
As long as it isn't the November 2019 doomsday scenario I'll be happy.
why is that a doomsday scenario , its not ideal as im a ravenous animal myself to get playing classic its far from a worst case scenario