Nope, I'm out

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
11/02/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Evindra
Only bad part about it is the never ending stream of players that have never played classic before trying it for the first time and coming to the forums to talk about all the things they want to change.

I wish it was a separate purchase/sub :p

This. Paying a sub to play is aok with me. Getting drive-by ^&*-hattery every time the BfA servers go down or a month after a raid releases because the players are bored out of their minds already is why I want no part of a shared sub...
11/02/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Thermiss
Summer 2019, eh.
"Can play Classic with WoW subscription"

Wallet firmly closed.
Grats on securing the future of private servers, Blizzard.

Cya at launch bro
11/02/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Bouldir
11/02/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Matcauthon

many of us don't want retail tourists.

Why? It'll help the population and help keep new people coming to the game.

Good lord, everyone whining about this is an ignorant crybaby.

it will also mean a crap ton of extra people on launch day. think about it smart one. and retail players complain about leveling on live for the love of god, and doing stuff like Pathfinder where they have to put in a serious time investment. how do you think they are going to react to Classic? the forums are going to be FLOODED with QQQQQ.
If you only wanted access to Classic you shouldn't have to pay full price for it. Blizzard are out of touch, and trying to save face for the failing retail game. This also makes it so the private servers keep on going and it will not draw in people. Guess it's time to move on from Blizzard games, as classic was my last hope in Blizz.
People expected it to be free? Lol
I'm not sure why anyone would be shocked by this.

Its the only way that makes sense.

They cannot get away with charging a separate fee for a game that will never change.

They cannot give it away for free because they still have to maintain it.
11/02/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Illionus
You get mad at this but no changes is what you want so why upset. As long as they don't change the game. You want no one to try the game out?

Lmao imagine being this rose tinted that you think the playerbase in Vanilla was so much more angelic and amazing

or is it a case of "i only want to play boar-killing simulator 2004 with my unemployed Balkan minmax buddies from private servers"
11/02/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Tundren
11/02/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Evindra
Only bad part about it is the never ending stream of players that have never played classic before trying it for the first time and coming to the forums to talk about all the things they want to change.

I wish it was a separate purchase/sub :p
Dude... getting to lvl 60 requires dedication....

People who don't like the game won't make it that far.

I like this, It will make lower level dungeons and pvp more accessible.

And since when did Blizzard ever listen to forum whining?

Well that's true at least... much food for level 19 twinks c:
11/02/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Matcauthon
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Why? It'll help the population and help keep new people coming to the game.

Good lord, everyone whining about this is an ignorant crybaby.

it will also mean a crap ton of extra people on launch day. think about it smart one. and retail players complain about leveling on live for the love of god, and doing stuff like Pathfinder where they have to put in a serious time investment. how do you think they are going to react to Classic? the forums are going to be FLOODED with QQQQQ.

Okay crybaby.

Clearly you didn't play vanilla when it was out otherwise you'd know the forums were always full of worthless QQ. Your post, for example.
Paying a sub for World of Warcraft.

Not Classic, not BfA, just World of Warcraft.

Perfect.
11/02/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Studmuffyn

Why worry so much about the smallest group?

because lets see - day 1 of classic we're going to have a huge influx of extra people into the classic servers that its going to gridlock the system even harder?
because retail players can't even handle the easy mode leveling on live, how do you think they are going to respond to leveling in classic?
Imagine being so spiteful that you'd rather get less for the same amount of money.
thats extremely petty of you. good riddance
11/02/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Matcauthon
11/02/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Studmuffyn

Not free, its a combined WoW sub, so which one is 'free'?

Since you have access both games

thing is, many of us don't want a bunch of tourists there. especially considering the fact that they already have a sub, that means launch day is going to be that much worse.

11/02/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Gnarlybolt
Dude, do you seriously not want to pay for the Blizzard SERVICE they provide? You're a cheap moron. Go play your super mario emulators or play private servers with all the chinese farmers

that's not my problem at all. my problem is now you have a bunch of BFA players who can go full on tourist mode day 1 that vanilla goes live. the gold farmers only have to pay for 1 game to be able to farm in two games as well.

A separate sub would not have effected any of that. Its just some irratinal hatred of all bfanplayer that you somehow think are just waiting to ruin it for you whne most will just play the same as everyone else.
11/02/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Illionus
You get mad at this but no changes is what you want so why upset. As long as they don't change the game. You want no one to try the game out?

Classic itself will weed out the true tourists. Servers will experience a massive population swing in the beginning, but they will stabilize.
You remember the wall of no and their main argument? See if this rings a bell...

"We don't want to pay for your game!"

So, here it is... People are not interested in paying for more development of what they view as the modern WoW dumpster fire. (And we know they won't be developing for Classic...) Personally, I am not interested in inflating subs for a game that I have not enjoyed in a decade.
Summer 2019

Cool, sooner than 2021!
Can play Classic with WoW subscription

Classic isn't free - good. Retailers can log on Classic - okay, maybe some of them even like it.
What did you actually expect it to be free lol?

Of course you have to pay.
I will gladly pay a regular subscription for Classic and so should you.
So that I understand:
People are upset because they expect gold Farmers will pay their way into classic with retail gold, then use those accounts to farm/sell gold in classic and ruin the classic economy?
Okay.